logo 
spacer

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

If you have an opinion, you should share it! Register Now!

America's Debate hosts the best in news, government, and political debate. Register now to take part in the most civil and constructive debate on the Internet. Join the community, and get ready to be challenged!

Click here to start

> Sponsored Links

Register to remove these ads!
> Is Obama even eligible?
holdingtheline
post Aug 24 2008, 03:57 PM
Post #1

Century Mark

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,449

Politics: Conservative
Party affiliation: Republican

A member of the democrat party has just filed suit in federal court alleging that Obama is ineligible to be the POTUS because of citizenship issues.
read the full story here

While I personally suspect some of the allegations are true, I am more interested in your thoughts on the following, since the man who filed the suit is a staunch Hillary supporter.

1. Is she aware of the suit, maybe even directly behind it?

2. Is this why she still seems to be hanging onto the possibility of getting the nod in Denver?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Start new topic
Replies (20 - 39)
GuardianAngel
post Nov 4 2008, 03:55 AM
Post #21

Senior Contributor

Member No.: 1,782

Party affiliation: Libertarian

QUOTE(BoF @ Nov 4 2008, 03:51 AM) *
QUOTE(GuardianAngel @ Nov 3 2008, 09:47 PM) *
QUOTE(CruisingRam @ Nov 4 2008, 02:24 AM) *
You have to be a pretty major moron to still buy into that "he is not a citizen" crap. I mean, really, really big moron. ON the level of redneck stupid of the swift boat liars-true believer type.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/citizen.asp

Other than the above being being flatly abusive ...

the snopes article does not address his step-fathers (Lolo Soetoro) adoption of Barry Soetoro, and as such is not something to refute the question at hand. notice I did BOLD my biggest question ... as that even if his BC was correct... which the school registration would support... Barry was apparently an Indonesian when he was admited to school in 1967

Thankfully, just one more day of this. rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif

Actually there are a couple of federal court hearings on this about two weeks after the election.

+Quote Post
BoF
post Nov 4 2008, 03:58 AM
Post #22

Giga-bite: "I catch mice & rats - 2 & 4 legs."

Sponsor
October 2004

Group: Sponsors
Member No.: 3,423

Politics: Liberal
Party affiliation: Democrat

QUOTE(GuardianAngel @ Nov 3 2008, 09:55 PM) *
Actually there are a couple of federal court hearings on this about two weeks after the election.

Care to provide a link to support this?

This post has been edited by BoF: Nov 4 2008, 03:58 AM

+Quote Post
GuardianAngel
post Nov 4 2008, 03:58 AM
Post #23

Senior Contributor

QUOTE(turnea @ Nov 4 2008, 03:54 AM) *
QUOTE(GuardianAngel @ Nov 3 2008, 09:53 PM) *
Barry Soetoro was the name his mothers second husband Lolo Soetoro used to enroll Barry into school in indonesia under.

Can you prove that?

which part ?

that Stanley Ann Dunham married Lolo Soetoro?

that Lolo Soetoro was indonesian?

That Barack went to school in indonesia?

that Indonesia only allowed indonesian children into their schools?

that Lolo Soetoro registered his adopted son as Barry Soetoro?

all of these things are common knowledge ...

the original photo was from the Associated press.

+Quote Post
turnea
post Nov 4 2008, 04:02 AM
Post #24

Tweedy Impertinence

Sponsor
December 2005

Member No.: 133

Party affiliation: None

That this Lolo Soetoro is the same as Obama's stepfather.

That if so the Indonesian documents are the accurate one's and the America documents are fake.

The idea that Indonesian schools only accepted Indonesians.

+Quote Post
GuardianAngel
post Nov 4 2008, 04:02 AM
Post #25

Senior Contributor

QUOTE(BoF @ Nov 4 2008, 03:58 AM) *

linkipoo

http://contrariancommentary.blogspot.com/2...-martin-in.html

+Quote Post
Bikerdad
post Nov 4 2008, 04:03 AM
Post #26

Advanced Senior Contributor

Member No.: 715

Politics: Undisclosed
Party affiliation: Undisclosed

What I've found to be most interesting about this particular story isn't actually the question of whether or not Obama is qualified (per the Constitution) to be President, but rather the reactions.

First, the Obama campaign could easily have put the question to rest. Just release his birth certificate. That's how hard it is. No scrounging around in dusty college archives for long lost thesis papers, no gathering of records from doctors and hospitals scattered across the world. A simple stop by the appropriate registrar when he was vacationing there in Hawaii and voila!

The second, and actually much more troubling response was that of the judge who dismissed that fellow's challenge.

The judge did so on the grounds that the guy didn't have standing.

An American citizen doesn't have standing to verify that his vote won't be going to a fraud?

An American citizen doesn't have standing to insure that the holder of the most powerful job in the world, and essentially the employee of the self-same citizen, is legally eligible for the job?

hmmm.gif

If an American citizen, treated equally under the law (theoretically), doesn't have standing,

then who does?

+Quote Post
turnea
post Nov 4 2008, 04:07 AM
Post #27

Tweedy Impertinence

Sponsor
December 2005

Birth certificate here:
Barack Obama's birth certificate revealed here

+Quote Post
GuardianAngel
post Nov 4 2008, 04:08 AM
Post #28

Senior Contributor

QUOTE(turnea @ Nov 4 2008, 04:02 AM) *
That this Lolo Soetoro is the same as Obama's stepfather.

That if so the Indonesian documents are the accurate one's and the America documents are fake.

The idea that Indonesian schools only accepted Indonesians.

which american documents have to be fake?

even if his BC is correct ...

Lolo Soetoro

http://www.suntimes.com/news/politics/obam...wotreegg09.stng

and his life in indonesia is well documented.

+Quote Post
turnea
post Nov 4 2008, 04:12 AM
Post #29

Tweedy Impertinence

Sponsor
December 2005

QUOTE(GuardianAngel @ Nov 3 2008, 10:08 PM) *

Lolo Soetoro

If his birth certificate is correct he's an America by birth and therefore eligible.

+Quote Post
BoF
post Nov 4 2008, 04:20 AM
Post #30

Sponsor
October 2004

QUOTE(GuardianAngel @ Nov 3 2008, 10:02 PM) *
linkipoo

How utterly grade scoolish. Do you have a link to an actual court case rather than a right-wing opinion piece?

Andy Martin is a legendary Chicago muckraker,
(From GuardianAngel's "linkipoo." ) laugh.gif

This post has been edited by BoF: Nov 4 2008, 05:33 AM

+Quote Post
JohnfrmCleveland
post Nov 4 2008, 04:23 AM
Post #31

Master Debater

Sponsor
September 2009

Member No.: 8,090

Politics: Very Liberal

QUOTE(GuardianAngel @ Nov 4 2008, 12:02 AM) *
QUOTE(BoF @ Nov 4 2008, 03:58 AM) *

linkipoo

http://contrariancommentary.blogspot.com/2...-martin-in.html

Here is an excerpt from your reliable source: "Martin" is Andy Martin, the guy who writes the blog, and who also loves to refer to himself in the third person. I think he believes it makes him sound like a reporter or something...

Martin is expected to announce Saturday that he is suing Fox News as well as the New York Times, for defamation of character. The lawsuit will be released Monday morning.

"For Fox News to treat me as they did is beneath contempt," says Martin. "I am respected around the world for accuracy, honesty and integrity. We know the New York Times is a corrupt media operation. But Fox News? Well, Ruppert Murdock may want to kow'tow to Barack Obama, but I will not kow'tow to Ruppert Murdock. The crass executives deserve to be sued for their malicious attacks on me. Someone ought to stand up for me: I helped expose Bill Ayers and Khalid Al-Mansour. A slimy 'vice president' that probably never worked a case or a story had the nerve to demean me. What a compete corporate moron.

"How dare these media imposters and blowhards smear me with lies, when I have worked tirelessly to expose the truth about Barack Obama—and succeeded," Martin will charge.
http://www.youtube.com/v/RgjQhnDEGSk

"I'll be happy to face the Fox jerk, Vice President Bill Shine, in court and defend my good name against Obama's mud merchants, the New York Times and Ruppert Murdock. Ruppert Murdock's daughter is backing Obama, for Chrissake.

Apparently, he is claiming that FOX news is in Obama's corner or something. The blog is truly a hoot, and I recommend reading it for entertainment's sake once the election is wrapped up, around 9 PM Tuesday.

+Quote Post
GuardianAngel
post Nov 4 2008, 04:45 AM
Post #32

Senior Contributor

QUOTE(turnea @ Nov 4 2008, 04:12 AM) *
QUOTE(GuardianAngel @ Nov 3 2008, 10:08 PM) *

Lolo Soetoro

If his birth certificate is correct he's an America by birth and therefore eligible.

No,

if he was adopted, he would have had to give up his us citizenship ( or better his fatherwould have done this for him... as the adult ... since he was 6 years old) to become an indonesian citzen....

+Quote Post
turnea
post Nov 4 2008, 04:50 AM
Post #33

Tweedy Impertinence

Sponsor
December 2005

QUOTE(GuardianAngel @ Nov 3 2008, 10:45 PM) *
No,

if he was adopted, he would have had to give up his us citizenship ( or better his fatherwould have done this for him... as the adult ... since he was 6 years old) to become an indonesian citzen....

Do you have proof his citizenship was renounced? That his father didn't just fill in the paper to get his kid in school?

+Quote Post
Mrs. Pigpen
post Nov 4 2008, 04:55 AM
Post #34

Group Icon

Carpe noctum

Sponsor
June 2003

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 598

Politics: Slightly Conservative
Party affiliation: Independent

QUOTE(GuardianAngel @ Nov 3 2008, 11:45 PM) *
No,

According to whom? Not under the Nationality Act. Section 349:

Parents cannot renounce U.S. citizenship on behalf of their minor children. Before an oath of renunciation will be administered under Section 349(a)(5) of the INA, a person under the age of eighteen must convince a U.S. diplomatic or consular officer that he/she fully understands the nature and consequences of the oath of renunciation, is not subject to duress or undue influence, and is voluntarily seeking to renounce his/her U.S. citizenship.

Even if the above weren't the case, if citizenship were to be revoked by adoption, Obama need only apply again for citizenship...as he would still be a 'naturally born citizen', having been born in Hawaii.

Edited to add link

This post has been edited by Mrs. Pigpen: Nov 4 2008, 05:08 AM

+Quote Post
droop224
post Nov 4 2008, 04:56 AM
Post #35

Member No.: 3,073

No,

While you are looking for the links that Turnea asked for... Could you please provide a link to the pocess of relinquising US Citizenship.

If I remember correctly, even Johnny Taliban still had his citizenship even after taking arms up against us.

edited to add:

Well it seems Mrs P did your homework for you... which sucks, you could have learned more doing it yourself.

Side note: Do conservatives really wonder why liberals look at them cross eyed??

This post has been edited by droop224: Nov 4 2008, 04:59 AM

+Quote Post
Bikerdad
post Nov 4 2008, 04:58 AM
Post #36

Member No.: 715

QUOTE(turnea @ Nov 3 2008, 11:07 PM) *

Sorry, not his birth certificate. The State of Hawaii just recently "averred" that everything was in order with Barack's birth certificate, but they did not provide a copy for independent verification. That copy on the LA Times blog carries no weight, legal or otherwise.

+Quote Post
SuzySteamboat
post Nov 4 2008, 05:13 AM
Post #37

I'm in ur White House, packin ur courts.

Sponsor
July 2005

Member No.: 962

Old meme is old. The current opinion is that Barack Hussein Obama's real father is Malcolm X, so, you know... Malcolm X being born in Omaha (hmm... which sounds eerily similar to Obama) now makes the issue of Obama's citizenship moot. Unless you want to try to assert that Malcolm X wasn't really born in the U.S. either, which of course is very possible given Malcolm's dark skin - he looks like a foreigner to me. Personally, I believe that Malcolm X is both Obama's father and that Obama isn't a citizen due to his father's lack of citizenship. It's really simple to explain: Obama actually comes from the future, and with his capability of time-travel (a power that is passed down from generation to generation of the Obama lineage), he is back in the present to brainwash us into voting for change so that the future of our world will be the exclusive domain of the Obama clan. sad.gif

This post has been edited by SuzySteamboat: Nov 4 2008, 05:20 AM

+Quote Post
BoF
post Nov 4 2008, 05:42 AM
Post #38

Sponsor
October 2004

Sen. Obama let it slip at the recent Alfred E. Smith Dinner in New York, that he was not born in the United States. tongue.gif

QUOTE(Sen. Barack Obama)
I was actually born on Krypton and sent here by my father Jorel to save the Planet Earth.

http://primebuzz.kcstar.com/?q=node/15091

This post has been edited by BoF: Nov 4 2008, 05:47 AM

+Quote Post
nighttimer
post Nov 4 2008, 06:51 AM
Post #39

Sponsor
February 2007

Member No.: 504

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif Oh man, the longer this goes on the more DESPERATE you guys are getting! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

The funny thing is if McCain somehow wins this thing all this "Barack Obama is a strange visitor from another planet" crud will disappear like a fart in a tornado. Not ONE of you dudes---Zack, quick, Bikerdad, Guardian Angel, Blackstone, Aquilla, Ted, Amlord or the rest of the ad.gif right-wing lunatic fringe will bring this up again.

Of course, if Obama wins, then there will have to be a new forum created for all the mud you guys will throw at him for the next four years.

Give it up. giveup.gif Today is Election Day. Go out and vote for your candidate. Make a friend and tell them to vote for McCain too. That would be more productive that this latest load of utter crap you're shoveling on this board.

It's the end of the campaign. NOBODY CARES about your spiteful and slimy rumors and lies.

+Quote Post
holdingtheline
post Nov 4 2008, 11:12 AM
Post #40

Century Mark

Member No.: 8,449

Party affiliation: Republican

QUOTE(nighttimer @ Nov 4 2008, 01:51 AM) *
laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif Oh man, the longer this goes on the more DESPERATE you guys are getting! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

The funny thing is if McCain somehow wins this thing all this "Barack Obama is a strange visitor from another planet" crud will disappear like a fart in a tornado. Not ONE of you dudes---Zack, quick, Bikerdad, Guardian Angel, Blackstone, Aquilla, Ted, Amlord or the rest of the ad.gif right-wing lunatic fringe will bring this up again.

Of course, if Obama wins, then there will have to be a new forum created for all the mud you guys will throw at him for the next four years.

Give it up. giveup.gif Today is Election Day. Go out and vote for your candidate. Make a friend and tell them to vote for McCain too. That would be more productive that this latest load of utter crap you're shoveling on this board.

It's the end of the campaign. NOBODY CARES about your spiteful and slimy rumors and lies.

First, I am offended that I wasn't called out by name here. Afterall, I initiated the thread! If Obama loses there would be no reason to bring it back up, unless it was an 'I told you so moment'.

As for that new forum, never fear, there will be plenty of space after all the Bush-bashing threads are removed.

This wasn't a spiteful slimy rumor or lie. It was a legit question. I'll give you credit though nighttimer, you are showing signs of evolving from your 'everything said about Obama is racially motivated' cocoon. Fistbump to you, dude!

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Go to the top of the page - Simple Version Time is now: August 19th, 2018 - 01:54 PM
©2002-2010 America's Debate, Inc.  All rights reserved.