logo 
spacer

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

If you have an opinion, you should share it! Register Now!

America's Debate hosts the best in news, government, and political debate. Register now to take part in the most civil and constructive debate on the Internet. Join the community, and get ready to be challenged!

Click here to start

> Sponsored Links

Register to remove these ads!
> Just joined and excited to start
danieldeceuster
post Jan 22 2013, 11:39 PM
Post #1

Group: New Members
Member No.: 12,832

Politics: Independent
Party affiliation: None

So in accordance with the message I got for just joining I am here in the introductions forum to say I am happy to be here. My previous experience in trying to engage in political discussions included Facebook and...well, that's all. You can imagine my frustrations. After losing 30 or so friends since the election I've decided Facebook just isn't the right forum for political discussion. Namecalling, cheap shots, witty comebacks, sure, great for that. But I want to feel enlightened and uplifted intellectually, and wasn't finding that kind of stimulation. So here I am!

A little about me, I am independent. I don't belong to a political party. I don't like labels like conservative or liberal. I'm just open. Which means I'm totally open to changing my mind as I have often. I look forward to contributing and learning here and maybe referring some of my more thoughtful friends who I know would appreciate a place like this. Glad to be here!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 7)
akaCG
post Jan 23 2013, 01:10 AM
Post #2

Advanced Senior Contributor

Sponsor
August 2012

Group: Sponsors
Member No.: 10,787

Politics: Conservative
Party affiliation: Independent

Took a cross country trip a couple of years ago (up to the Florida Panhandle, straight west to Las Vegas, north-eastward toward Chicago, east to D.C., south back to Florida). Saint George was my first stop after Vegas. Gorgeous setting, but what I will forever remember is the place where I had, hands down, the best meal of the whole trip: The Painted Pony. Sage smoked quail, bacon wrapped duck, and ... believe it or not, one of the most delectable Key Lime pies I've ever had. Wow. Just wow.

Thanks for bringing back those memories. Welcome to the board, "danieldeceuster".

+Quote Post
JohnfrmCleveland
post Jan 23 2013, 02:12 AM
Post #3

Master Debater

Sponsor
September 2009

Group: Sponsors
Member No.: 8,090

Politics: Very Liberal

Welcome, Daniel -

Seeing as you have already gone through the trouble of uploading your picture, you should be invested enough to stick around for a while. Jump in and start debating.

John

+Quote Post
Julian
post Jan 23 2013, 12:02 PM
Post #4

Group Icon

Every day, when I wake up, I thank the Lord I'm Welsh

Group: Committee Members
Member No.: 496

Politics: Liberal
Party affiliation: Other

Welcome to ad.gif, Daniel!

If you've been a lurker before creating a profile, you'll have a good idea how the place works, but in case you haven't it's all a bit more sober than the usual internet debate/Facebook/Twitter flame wars.

The Rules and Survival Guide are essential reading (you can find a link in the top bar above) so if you haven't checked them out yet, please do.

It's good to see a new face - happy debating.

+Quote Post
Amlord
post Jan 23 2013, 01:22 PM
Post #5

Group Icon

The Roaring Lion

Sponsor

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 572

Politics: Conservative
Party affiliation: Republican

Welcome aboard!

+Quote Post
Bikerdad
post Jan 25 2013, 12:34 AM
Post #6

Group: Members
Member No.: 715

Politics: Undisclosed
Party affiliation: Undisclosed

Welcome aboard. If you want to jump in feet first, go ahead and start a thread about the Dixie College name brouhaha y'all are having there in Color Country.

us.gif

+Quote Post
droop224
post Jan 25 2013, 06:24 AM
Post #7

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,073

Politics: Very Liberal

Did you delete them or they delete you....

I had a Marine buddy delete me.... A right wing nut job.... maybe if I didn't keep trying to bring his big head ... down to earth.... lol

+Quote Post
danieldeceuster
post Jan 25 2013, 07:59 PM
Post #8

Group: New Members
Member No.: 12,832

Politics: Independent

QUOTE(Bikerdad @ Jan 24 2013, 05:34 PM) *
Welcome aboard. If you want to jump in feet first, go ahead and start a thread about the Dixie College name brouhaha y'all are having there in Color Country.

us.gif

Oh man I can't tell you how sick I am of that debate. St. George has been called Utah's Dixie since it was first settled because it was the southern part of the territory and cotton grew well, just like the original Dixie. I will admit, Dixie Rebels as a mascot did seem to harken back to the Confederacy, and I can understand why people would not be comfortable with that. But they changed it to Red Storm and removed the statue of the confederate soldier from campus. Without the name and the statue the word Dixie in the name is as generic a reference to our area as Dixie Regional Medical Center or any of the other hundreds of businesses with the name Dixie in them. Glad it is all over.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Go to the top of the page - Simple Version Time is now: November 14th, 2018 - 01:09 AM
©2002-2010 America's Debate, Inc.  All rights reserved.