logo 
spacer

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

If you have an opinion, you should share it! Register Now!

America's Debate hosts the best in news, government, and political debate. Register now to take part in the most civil and constructive debate on the Internet. Join the community, and get ready to be challenged!

Click here to start

> Sponsored Links

Register to remove these ads!
> Welcome to the Introductions Forum
Jaime
post Apr 16 2005, 06:51 PM
Post #1

Group Icon

Elite Senior Contributor

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4

Politics: Independent
Party affiliation: None

Welcome to AD's new subforum, Introductions. Instead of posting to one continuous thread as we did here, we thought it would be nice to give everyone their own space.

Please feel free to introduce yourself. We would like to get to know all of you better. flowers.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
wolf
post Jan 12 2007, 10:27 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,091

Politics: Undisclosed
Party affiliation: Undisclosed

Hey
I'm wolf i don't usually get time to post or I forget about it whistling.gif
I have posted a few times and i plan on doing more in the future biggrin.gif
I will hopefully get to debate with some of you later!
Well Bye For Now

This post has been edited by wolf: Jan 12 2007, 10:35 PM

+Quote Post
ExaustedFighter1
post May 26 2007, 04:59 PM
Post #3

Group: New Members
Member No.: 7,749

Thanks for letting me join your community. Cant wait to begin the rational discussions.

+Quote Post
metropolitical
post Jun 24 2007, 07:41 PM
Post #4

Century Mark

Member No.: 7,831

Thanks and hi. Just looking for a traditional forum for political/science discussion. While looking around for forums, I got the impression alot of activity in the traditional types of forums has been spread out chaotically among blog sites or centered piecemeal as comments around articles posted in newspaper or tv media websites, or worse, usurped by slicker venues like YouTube where people vie for intelligent discussion with hormone-clouded teens. I know Netnewsgroups centered around popular topics have given way to the newer formats, but, was it just me, - was I just not looking hard enough? Anyway, thanks for the add.

This post has been edited by metropolitical: Jun 24 2007, 07:42 PM

+Quote Post
Contumacious
post Aug 27 2007, 03:12 AM
Post #5

Century Mark

Member No.: 7,930

Party affiliation: Libertarian

Thank you kindly for letting me be part of the community. I am looking forward to some rewarding intellectual exchanges. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Swimmerwolf247
post Nov 16 2007, 07:08 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 8,046

Politics: Moderate

QUOTE(metropolitical @ Jun 24 2007, 02:41 PM) *
where people vie for intelligent discussion with hormone-clouded teens.

Um, hey, some teens aren't "horomone-clouded", thank you. I take offense to that. I'm in all Acc. classes, and can hold my own in a debate with the "grown-ups". So don't say stuff like "hormone-clouded teens", say "the specific young people who don't use the Internet very wisely."

+Quote Post
Belisarius
post Nov 30 2007, 07:38 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 8,163

Party affiliation: Other

Hi im Mike, im thoroughly excited to finally find an internet forum where patriots may discuss Americas ailments, and the solutions required. Although i have not jumped into a debate yet, I would like to say its good there is a site like this, so that we don't have to waste efforts with the mongrel race that posts on partisan newsites, be it republican or democrat.

+Quote Post
gwilliams
post Jan 17 2008, 08:57 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 8,288

Politics: Conservative
Party affiliation: Republican

QUOTE(Jaime @ Apr 16 2005, 12:51 PM) *
Welcome to AD's new subforum, Introductions. Instead of posting to one continuous thread as we did here, we thought it would be nice to give everyone their own space.

Please feel free to introduce yourself. We would like to get to know all of you better. flowers.gif

Hello my name is Gamal. mrsparkle.gif

+Quote Post
Albert
post Jan 27 2008, 02:36 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 8,322

Thank you for the acceptance in the community. I am really looking forward to the debating. The truth is that I love to hear other peoples opinioins on topics at hand, and then try to figure out why they think the way they do. In the end it will help me understand people a whole lot better and their thought processes. Looking forward to picking apart your arguments.

+Quote Post
TinFoilLiberal
post Mar 10 2008, 11:48 PM
Post #10

Contributor

Member No.: 8,469

Politics: Liberal
Party affiliation: Democrat

Hey Reggie in Charlotte here. I'm new to the forums. I've been listening to the show since episode 100. Saw America's Debate Radio in Itunes and I thought they had me at Debate. A few things about me: I'm a democrat, a bit liberal, open minded enough not to be one of the sheep, and I can't wait to jump in and debate you guys.

+Quote Post
JOEYFORCLINTON08
post Mar 24 2008, 02:41 AM
Post #11

Member No.: 8,495

Politics: Very Liberal

[/center] Talking Politics is something I do best.
I support Hillary Clinton for President!
I am also running for City Council in my hometown of Attleboro, MA next year!
I am currently 17 years old.
If you are not active in your city's govt or dont vote, than you should have no right to complain about whats not being done, thats why I am running to chance my community. [center]

This post has been edited by JOEYFORCLINTON08: Mar 24 2008, 02:42 AM

+Quote Post
DCjumper
post Jun 2 2008, 11:25 AM
Post #12

Contributor

Member No.: 2,144

Politics: Conservative
Party affiliation: Republican

Though I'm not really "new" per se (having joined in `04) I have come back to these boards and am quite happy to be a part of them. I'm DCjumper. I can be found on these and other boards under this handle. I also post on Ain't Cool News under the handle Sithtastic. It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance.

+Quote Post
Triad47
post Jun 18 2008, 11:29 PM
Post #13

Member No.: 8,746

Hello my name is Paul and over the past several months I've become interested in U.S. foreign policy and how it affects the world, economy, and other factors.

I love debate and it's a driving force for knowledge that I would otherwise be too lazy to find out on my own. smile.gif

For only through debate does truth reveals itself to us. Only through questioning does one really learn. Sometimes the right answers aren't as important to have as the right questions that can lead you to them.

Let us be free.
Let us be open.
Let us debate.

+Quote Post
picomanning
post Aug 22 2008, 06:25 AM
Post #14

Member No.: 8,862

Politics: Private
Party affiliation: Private

Hi
I'm Picomanning

I enjoy conversations with possible discovery. Debates are wonderful if submitted with conscious introspective honesty.
It's pointless to express one's feelings in a debate without knowing why one's conclusions (the logical bias of anyone's feelings) exist. Disagreement exists on faulty reasoning somewhere. At least I would argue that. Therefore, perfect reasoning is possible, at least in theory. Debate, as a measure of human integrity, should be the pursuit of perfect thinking. What benefit otherwise?
So I come here, full of respect for the Love of Wisdom which the Greeks fashioned for themselves, which so necessarily evolved through such great minds then, that you can no doubt name at least one; those ancient people who through debate and love for learning, gave us even a substantial portion of the basis of our own culture.
Am I home or is this not a serious forum?

+Quote Post
Victoria Silverw...
post Aug 22 2008, 06:27 AM
Post #15

Millennium Mark

Member No.: 608

Politics: Very Liberal
Party affiliation: Green Party

Welcome!

You can also start your own thread for your introduction.

+Quote Post
pollytic
post Sep 29 2008, 04:15 PM
Post #16

Member No.: 8,972

Politics: Moderate

Um, hey, some teens aren't "horomone-clouded", thank you. I take offense to that. I'm in all Acc. classes, and can hold my own in a debate with the "grown-ups". So don't say stuff like "hormone-clouded teens", say "the specific young people who don't use the Internet very wisely."
[/quote]
Ah, I remember well being one of the hormone clouded teens, 30+ years ago. :sigh: And have had my share of dealing with argumentitive teens or adults, didn't care which. Just that they were a pain in the well, we can't use that kinda language here. whistling.gif mrsparkle.gif

QUOTE(JOEYFORCLINTON08 @ Mar 23 2008, 10:41 PM) *
[/center] Talking Politics is something I do best.
I support Hillary Clinton for President!
I am also running for City Council in my hometown of Attleboro, MA next year!
I am currently 17 years old.
If you are not active in your city's govt or dont vote, than you should have no right to complain about whats not being done, thats why I am running to chance my community. [center]

Good luck! It's nicve to see young people engaged in politics especiall when we see so many just close their eyes and ears to what is happeneing because they think THEY can't make a difference. As the old song goes (and saying as well....) United we stand, divided we fall!

+Quote Post
expatpatriot
post Nov 2 2008, 11:42 PM
Post #17

Member No.: 10,128

As my "handle" implies I am an American expatriate living in the Philippines. My wife and kids are Filipino, I brought them to the USA back in 1994, and I'm proud to say they became good, upstanding and successful American citizens.

I retired in 2006, my wife and I emigrated to the Philippines, where we can live quite comfortably on my pension and Social Security--something we unfortunately could NOT do if we stayed in in the USA.

I am a Democrat, and a moderate liberal. I am a two service veteran (U.S. Army 1970-72, U.S. Navy 1980-84). I was a Russian linguist and intelligence analyst, and after my service spent 22 years working in the Defense industry on classified programs.

I believe the USA is at a critical point in its history, and have reached a critcal crossroads,the choice this country makes in the next election will decide the course and eventually the fate of the USA and eventually the world. It's that critical.
I just hope reason, not rhetoric, prevails .

Looking forward to many stimulating discussions with people of All beliefs and opinions.

+Quote Post
seangentry
post Dec 12 2009, 06:48 PM
Post #18

Member No.: 10,822

Party affiliation: Other

Hey, my name is Sean and I am from Alabama. I am 21 years old and I am what you call a Democratic Republican. Some of my beliefs are Liberal and some are Conservative. It's that simple. Also, I am very easy to get along with and I want to always make sure that all of my debates never get out of hand. Also, I love to play basketball and I am a pretty good player. Also, I am a Christian and I attend church every week. That very much concludes introducing myself.

+Quote Post
Holly
post Feb 10 2010, 05:30 PM
Post #19

Contributor

Member No.: 10,953

Hi, my name is Holly.

Oops! I already posted once before introducing myself. I've been reading threads here for about a year and like the way the forum is organized. Also, I'm pleased that so many of you put some real thought behind your posts! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Paladin Elspeth
post Feb 10 2010, 06:23 PM
Post #20

I want the 10th Doctor for President!

Sponsor
August 1, 2003

Group: Sponsors
Member No.: 721

QUOTE(Holly @ Feb 10 2010, 12:30 PM) *
Hi, my name is Holly.

Oops! I already posted once before introducing myself. I've been reading threads here for about a year and like the way the forum is organized. Also, I'm pleased that so many of you put some real thought behind your posts! smile.gif

Welcome, Holly. flowers.gif Please feel free to have your own thread to introduce yourself. We do like to know our fellow posters to the extent that they want to reveal interests, family, hobbies, occupation, etc. I'm looking forward to reading your posts.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Go to the top of the page - Simple Version Time is now: August 14th, 2018 - 08:56 AM
©2002-2010 America's Debate, Inc.  All rights reserved.