logo 
spacer

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

If you have an opinion, you should share it! Register Now!

America's Debate hosts the best in news, government, and political debate. Register now to take part in the most civil and constructive debate on the Internet. Join the community, and get ready to be challenged!

Click here to start

> Sponsored Links

Register to remove these ads!

> IMPORTANT NOTICE

This forum is for declared Democrats ONLY. If you have not declared yourself as such, DO NOT post here.

> Who would you like to see Run for President in 2020?, Gazing into a cloudy Crystal Ball...
Curmudgeon
post Jun 16 2018, 08:36 PM
Post #1

I am an unpaid protester!

Sponsor
August 1, 2003

Group: Sponsors
Member No.: 729

Politics: Liberal
Party affiliation: Democrat

Giuliani: Trump Will Win Second Term Easily, Especially If Dems Nominate ‘Moron’ Biden ( link )

Rudy Giuliani tries to clarify his remarks on Joe Biden: 'I meant he's dumb' ( link )

I listened to what seemed like about 8 years of Republicans attacking Hillary Clinton before she was even nominated by the Democratic Party. I still feel that she was the Republican Party choice as to who they should run against. Apparently, the Republicans are already convinced that their front runner in 2020 will still be their "Trump Card."

QUOTE(AuthorMusician @ Jun 15 2018, 09:00 PM) *
So I'm thinking that the midterms will lay the foundation for a possible impeachment in 2019. However, I also am thinking that it's to the Demos' advantage to let DJT become a toothless and claw-less POTUS for the last two years of his term rather than letting Pence into the position. It could force Trump to pardon himself, which would knock some Republicans out of their complacent stances and possibly expose others for being fundamentally against democratic republics, in favor of absolute central power, and even wanting a theocracy like Iran has, just with Christian jargon instead of Muslim.

Then once President Trump becomes just a regular citizen, he could be tried for crimes in civil courts. Maybe.

Or it could all come to naught. But with no TEA party to speak of, it's pretty hard to see a Republican win this November. And there are plenty of local issues that have either come up or gotten worse due to Trump appointees and nominations, for example public education.

It's going to be interesting no matter what.

I have been listening to Rudy Giuliani's advice to The President, the Press, and anyone with a cell phone as he expounds on his memory of what he wrote about Constitutional law when he was still a law student. His declared fee for defending President Trump has been, "Of course I'm not going to charge Donald for my services." (And why should he bother as "The Donald" has a reputation for not paying his lawyers and not listening to them.)

Okay, so Rudy wants his hat in the ring and his name on the Front Pages as a Republican when his party of choice finally realizes that they backed the wrong horses in 2016 and they will need a new horse to back in 2020. It is still June of 2018 and we have yet to see what impact Trump has on the mid-term elections...

Nonetheless, I would like to see a few hats tossed into the Democratic Ring by Democrats.

Who would you, as a Democrat, like to see nominated by the Democratic Party for President in 2020?

This post has been edited by Curmudgeon: Jun 16 2018, 08:55 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Go to the top of the page - Simple Version Time is now: November 21st, 2018 - 12:31 AM
©2002-2010 America's Debate, Inc.  All rights reserved.