logo 
spacer

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

If you have an opinion, you should share it! Register Now!

America's Debate hosts the best in news, government, and political debate. Register now to take part in the most civil and constructive debate on the Internet. Join the community, and get ready to be challenged!

Click here to start

> Sponsored Links

Register to remove these ads!
> Who will be president in 2008?, Or, fun will the new poll system.
Presedent Predictions 2008
Who will win the Republican Presidential nomination in 2008?
John McCain [ 21 ] ** [32.81%]
Jeb Bush [ 5 ] ** [7.81%]
Rudolph Giuliani [ 15 ] ** [23.44%]
Condoleeza Rice [ 5 ] ** [7.81%]
Mitt Romney [ 5 ] ** [7.81%]
Bill Frist [ 1 ] ** [1.56%]
Newt Gingrich [ 2 ] ** [3.12%]
George Allen [ 3 ] ** [4.69%]
other [ 7 ] ** [10.94%]
Who will win the Democratic Presidential nomination in 2008?
Hillary Clinton [ 21 ] ** [32.81%]
Al Gore [ 9 ] ** [14.06%]
John Edwards [ 7 ] ** [10.94%]
Barak Obama [ 4 ] ** [6.25%]
John Kerry [ 3 ] ** [4.69%]
Russ Feingold [ 3 ] ** [4.69%]
Bill Richardson [ 4 ] ** [6.25%]
Joseph Biden [ 3 ] ** [4.69%]
other [ 10 ] ** [15.62%]
Who will become president in 2009?
John McCain [ 14 ] ** [21.88%]
Jeb Bush [ 1 ] ** [1.56%]
Rudolph Giuliani [ 10 ] ** [15.62%]
Condoleeza Rice [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Hillary Clinton [ 10 ] ** [15.62%]
Al Gore [ 4 ] ** [6.25%]
John Edwards [ 2 ] ** [3.12%]
Barak Obama [ 3 ] ** [4.69%]
other [ 20 ] ** [31.25%]
Total Votes: 73

Eeyore
post Jun 18 2006, 02:06 PM
Post #1

Group Icon

Thaaaaanks for noticin' me

Sponsor
February 2003

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 365

Politics: Liberal
Party affiliation: Democrat

I was trying to make this poll only.

For comments let's just stick with names for your other votes and watch the results.

This post has been edited by Eeyore: Jun 18 2006, 06:37 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Start new topic
Replies (20 - 28)
CruisingRam
post Oct 7 2006, 09:14 PM
Post #21

Elite Senior Contributor

Group: Members
Member No.: 927

Party affiliation: Other

I am thinking no on Allen right now- and I agree with Amlord's comments on Webber- I am not really sure if either is a racist- it is the perception that is the problem, of course.

what does amaze me is how much the political landscape has changed since the poll started.

I still think Bill Richardson or Tony Knowles should make themselves known and candidates ASAP

+Quote Post
BoF
post Oct 9 2006, 09:59 PM
Post #22

Giga-bite: "I catch mice & rats - 2 & 4 legs."

Sponsor
October 2004

Group: Sponsors
Member No.: 3,423

QUOTE(CruisingRam @ Oct 7 2006, 04:14 PM) *

I am thinking no on Allen right now- and I agree with Amlord's comments on Webber- I am not really sure if either is a racist- it is the perception that is the problem, of course.

what does amaze me is how much the political landscape has changed since the poll started.

I still think Bill Richardson or Tony Knowles should make themselves known and candidates ASAP

It seems there is yet more negative news about George Allen. It appears that he received some stock options from a couple of corporations he worked for between his tenure as Governor of Virginia and Senator from Virginia. Apparently Senate rules required Allen to report these option, which he never did. His lame excuse was that he tuought the stock worthless since it had lost value. rolleyes.gif

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory?id=2543575

I predict that if Allen doesn't implode before the November 7, 2006 elections, he will before the presidential primaries.

To turn an old saying on it's head, "you just can't keep a bad man up." wacko.gif

This post has been edited by BoF: Oct 9 2006, 10:01 PM

+Quote Post
carlitoswhey
post Oct 11 2006, 06:17 PM
Post #23

Millennium Mark

Member No.: 3,059

Politics: Independent
Party affiliation: None

QUOTE(BoF @ Oct 9 2006, 04:59 PM) *

It seems there is yet more negative news about George Allen. It appears that he received some stock options from a couple of corporations he worked for between his tenure as Governor of Virginia and Senator from Virginia. Apparently Senate rules required Allen to report these option, which he never did. His lame excuse was that he tuought the stock worthless since it had lost value. rolleyes.gif
Lots of people got options in the tech bubble, and lots of them are worthless. It's a joke in the tech industry, some people even have them framed in the office. Of course, if the rules say to declare them, he still should have declared them.

Stock options are worthless when the stock value drops to below the option exercise price. From your story:
Allen's office said he sold his Xybernaut stock at a loss and has not cashed in his Commonwealth options because they cost more than the stock is now worth.

Allen also said that he "only" cashed in on a quarter-million dollar windfall in Ericsson stock during his time in the private sector, that he "didn't get rich" - what an out-of-touch thing to say. There are way too many millionaire senators. That is really the problem. Of course, when two senators write the campaign finance laws, there you go.

Rudy Giuliani is leading the GOP bloggers straw poll. That's a pretty conservative group of voters, which should give some pause, who dismiss him with 'the base.' Time for a new base, me thinks.

This post has been edited by carlitoswhey: Oct 11 2006, 06:18 PM

+Quote Post
Amlord
post Oct 11 2006, 07:16 PM
Post #24

Group Icon

The Roaring Lion

Sponsor

Member No.: 572

Politics: Conservative
Party affiliation: Republican

QUOTE(carlitoswhey @ Oct 11 2006, 02:17 PM) *

Rudy Giuliani is leading the GOP bloggers straw poll. That's a pretty conservative group of voters, which should give some pause, who dismiss him with 'the base.' Time for a new base, me thinks.

Giuliani has done the smart thing and gone to ground.

No media attention means no getting beat up by the media or the Democrats (or other Republicans for that matter).

As he emerges from cover, however, these three elements will beat on him regarding his past personal problems and his stances on various issues, both of which are easily overlooked in a straw poll taken several years after the man left elected office.

Giuliani will certainly be the early front runner (with McCain). That does not guarantee him the nomination, let alone the White House.

+Quote Post
Amlord
post Oct 13 2006, 05:16 PM
Post #25

Group Icon

The Roaring Lion

Sponsor

Member No.: 572

It looks like Mark Warner is out.

http://www.forwardtogetherpac.com/

Statement of Governor Mark Warner
Forward Together PAC
October 12, 2006

<snip>

So about a month ago, I told my family and people who know me best that I would make a final decision after Columbus Day weekend, which I was spending with my family. After 67 trips to 28 states and five foreign countries, I have made that decision.

I have decided not to run for President.

Sorry Jaime and BoF. sad.gif

+Quote Post
CruisingRam
post Oct 13 2006, 05:19 PM
Post #26

Elite Senior Contributor

QUOTE(BoF @ Oct 9 2006, 01:59 PM) *

QUOTE(CruisingRam @ Oct 7 2006, 04:14 PM) *

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory?id=2543575

I predict that if Allen doesn't implode before the November 7, 2006 elections, he will before the presidential primaries.

To turn an old saying on it's head, "you just can't keep a bad man up." wacko.gif

I wish the Dems would look up Tony Knowles though. I think he would be a slam dunk for them!

+Quote Post
Tim (M)
post Oct 13 2006, 05:41 PM
Post #27

Contributor

Member No.: 6,629

QUOTE(BoF @ Jun 19 2006, 06:19 AM) *

I voted "other" in all three categories.

I agree with Jaime on Mark Warner thumbsup.gif and think he might have the best chance at winning the general election.

While we're talking about Republican long shots, my conservative friend from the coffee shop thinks Tom Tancredo, R- Colorado, has a chance, especially with the anti-immigration crowd.

I seriously doubt Rep.Tancredo has a ghost of a chance, but we might as well throw him in there with Rep. Mike Pence, R- Indiana.

I would vote for Tom Tancredo in a heart beat and expect that will will retain his seat this midterm election with no issue.

+Quote Post
CruisingRam
post Nov 12 2006, 12:56 AM
Post #28

Elite Senior Contributor

So-hmm, Tancredo can , um, capture that Hispanic vote? How about that independent that went heavy dem this election? Man- that dude is as polarizing as Hillary- without near the machine behind him- he would be slaughtered in the primary against his own party members. He is too easy to take down- he set his career on the single issue of immigration- illegal immigration to be fair.

+Quote Post
Eeyore
post Nov 12 2006, 01:12 PM
Post #29

Group Icon

Thaaaaanks for noticin' me

Sponsor
February 2003

Member No.: 365

topic closed. moving on to the post midterm poll/

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Go to the top of the page - Simple Version Time is now: January 29th, 2022 - 11:17 AM
©2002-2010 America's Debate, Inc.  All rights reserved.