logo 
spacer

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

If you have an opinion, you should share it! Register Now!

America's Debate hosts the best in news, government, and political debate. Register now to take part in the most civil and constructive debate on the Internet. Join the community, and get ready to be challenged!

Click here to start

> Sponsored Links

Register to remove these ads!
> Is Obama even eligible?
holdingtheline
post Aug 24 2008, 03:57 PM
Post #1

Century Mark

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,449

Politics: Conservative
Party affiliation: Republican

A member of the democrat party has just filed suit in federal court alleging that Obama is ineligible to be the POTUS because of citizenship issues.
read the full story here

While I personally suspect some of the allegations are true, I am more interested in your thoughts on the following, since the man who filed the suit is a staunch Hillary supporter.

1. Is she aware of the suit, maybe even directly behind it?

2. Is this why she still seems to be hanging onto the possibility of getting the nod in Denver?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
8 Pages V  « < 6 7 8  
Start new topic
Replies (140 - 143)
Jaime
post Aug 10 2009, 12:16 PM
Post #141

Group Icon

Elite Senior Contributor

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4

Politics: Independent
Party affiliation: None

Let's be sure to stick to the actual debate questions:

1. Is she aware of the suit, maybe even directly behind it?

2. Is this why she still seems to be hanging onto the possibility of getting the nod in Denver?

I'd also highly suggest a read of the Rules and Survival Guide.

+Quote Post
entspeak
post Aug 10 2009, 01:46 PM
Post #142

Mammal

Sponsor
May 2007

Group: Sponsors
Member No.: 2,568

QUOTE(entspeak @ Aug 9 2009, 12:10 AM) *
Yes, I posted a link. Proof? It's considered support for my claim - and it's validity as proof is certainly open to challenge. I did not tell you to type in keywords and search the site, I provided a link with the actual information I wanted you to look at. There's the difference.

Wrong. The link I posted had the keyword embedded, so you didn't have to type in keywords for a "search". What you were looking at was the hundreds of articles on Certifigate, which is just a small subset of FR, and you appear to have mistaken it for all of FR.

Alright, but you still were asking that I surf through a bunch of links to find the specific support for your claim. Not something I should have to do. For example:

First, you have a chicken and the egg issue to resolve regarding the release of the short form. When did the images start showing up on Photobucket and when was the scan of the short form released to the public. Which occurred first and what evidence do you have of that.

If the datestamp of the "HayIBaPhorgerie" item predates the fightthesmears website scan, then there's a problem. That's when you have a year's worth of heavy breathing activists examining every bit & byte of documents. That's what happened. If the "hey, I'm a forgery" document had a datestamp afterwards, there wouldn't have been a controversy. All that stuff was discussed & hashed out about a year ago, and a good neutral link to start with is the Intrade one. The Free Republic link is a good place too, as long as one knows that it's a very conservative site.
http://www.freerepublic.com/tag/certifigat...ex?tab=articles

Not interested in a "neutral link to start with." Please provide a link to the item you are talking about. I'm not going to rummage.

You still haven't addressed the stamp and seal issue or the DECOSTA certificate.

Well, considering that "Polarik" has lied about his credentials - twice in responses to you, I don't see the benefit.

It's a little bit like during the OJ trial when the detective was caught red-handed lying about using the N word.

No, lying about your credentials is a little different than lying about using the N word. Especially when you're passing yourself off as an expert in a particular field. Either he's been in graphic design since 1965 or he's been in graphics design for 50 years, it can't be both. Either he has the education he claims he has or he doesn't.

This post has been edited by entspeak: Aug 10 2009, 02:20 PM

+Quote Post
BoF
post Aug 10 2009, 03:12 PM
Post #143

Giga-bite: "I catch mice & rats - 2 & 4 legs."

Sponsor
October 2004

Group: Sponsors
Member No.: 3,423

Politics: Liberal
Party affiliation: Democrat

I appreciate the spirit of your mod note Jaime, but ...

It is going to be hard to answer the original debate questions, in that they relate more to history than current issues. What the hell though, Iíll give it the old college try.

1. Is she [Hillary Clinton] aware of the suit, maybe even directly behind it?

Hillary Clinton is one of the most aware and knowledgeable people in American politics. How could Clinton not have been aware (note the use of past tense) that the suit had been filed. (more past tense.) Did she know the suit was going to be filed? (probably) Was she was behind it? (in my opinion, not likely) Did she discourage the suit? (unknown) Was! Was! Was! More, more, more past tense.

2 . Is this why she still seems to be hanging onto the possibility of getting the nod in Denver?

Here is where we get into the totally obsolete.

The question is no longer applicable.

The convention in Denver was over a year ago this month. Clinton conceded and threw her support behind Barack Obama. She is now (note present tense] Obamaís Secretary of State. History! History! History!- and a current Secretary of State.

I would suggest that the original questions in this thread are no longer debatable in real-time.

This post has been edited by BoF: Aug 10 2009, 04:02 PM

+Quote Post
Jaime
post Aug 10 2009, 06:09 PM
Post #144

Group Icon

Elite Senior Contributor

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4

CLOSED. The questions are now moot. (Although, the large fonts and highlighting were rather obnoxious, BoF).

Please feel free to start a related topic with more relevant questions if you're still interested in debating this topic.

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 6 7 8
Closed TopicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Go to the top of the page - Simple Version Time is now: June 25th, 2018 - 06:18 AM
©2002-2010 America's Debate, Inc.  All rights reserved.