logo 
spacer

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

If you have an opinion, you should share it! Register Now!

America's Debate hosts the best in news, government, and political debate. Register now to take part in the most civil and constructive debate on the Internet. Join the community, and get ready to be challenged!

Click here to start

> Sponsored Links

Register to remove these ads!

> IMPORTANT NOTICE

This forum is for declared Republicans ONLY. If you have not declared yourself as such, DO NOT post here.

> What direction should the party go?, Conservatism?, centristm?, or libertarianism?
What direction should the party go?
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 16
Guests cannot vote 
nebraska29
post Oct 11 2009, 07:15 PM
Post #1

Only siths speak in absolutes.

Sponsor
November 2005

Group: Sponsors
Member No.: 1,871

Politics: Very Liberal
Party affiliation: Democrat

I received my most recent copy of TIME magazine and absolutely loved this article. John McCain has undoubtedly left the reservation a number of times-campaign finance reform, condemning torture methods during the Bush years, as well as being an environmental advocate until he got amnesia on the subject during the presidential campaign. What is intriguing is that he may face former congressman J.D. Hayworth who sees an opportunity to unseat McCain and give a more strident conservative voice to the people of Arizona. The debate in Arizona is one that is playing out elsewhere too. Who will be the nominee? Who should be the nominee? Thse and other questions have been raging for months now. While there is more focus on protests and coming up with an anti-Obama agenda, a set of ideas or a candidate who is the Moses who wil lead us out of the desert has yet to appear.

Questions for debate

1.)What direction should the GOP head towards and why?

2.)What direction would do the GOP most harm and why?

3.)Would you support a Hayworth candidacy? Why or why not?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 1)
DaytonRocker
post Oct 11 2009, 08:01 PM
Post #2

Advanced Senior Contributor

Group: Members
Member No.: 547

Politics: Moderate
Party affiliation: Republican

I didn't vote because my selection wasn't there.

I don't think the republicans need to move anywhere. The problem is, they have no principles. There is no place for them to move to if they are not standing anywhere.

They will not hold a republican to at least the same standard they would hold a democrat. Since I think the republican party is a better party for many, many reasons, I would hope they would hold themselves to a higher standard. But that is way too much to ask for.

The uncontrolled spending, bloated government, outed CIA agents, torture, and nation building is a result of principles - not policy. Until they can prove themselves to be a superior party - as opposed to behaving poorly because democrats do - nobody really has any use for them.

I know I sure don't.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Go to the top of the page - Simple Version Time is now: June 24th, 2018 - 03:34 AM
©2002-2010 America's Debate, Inc.  All rights reserved.