logo 
spacer

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

If you have an opinion, you should share it! Register Now!

America's Debate hosts the best in news, government, and political debate. Register now to take part in the most civil and constructive debate on the Internet. Join the community, and get ready to be challenged!

Click here to start

> Sponsored Links

Register to remove these ads!
> What I Have Learned/How My Views Have Changed
Jaime
post May 30 2005, 07:34 PM
Post #1

Group Icon

Elite Senior Contributor

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4

Politics: Independent
Party affiliation: None

Have your political views changed since joining America's Debate? Have you come to any great realizations, or have learned anything worth noting?

Feel free to post your thoughts and observations from the last year in this topic.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Start new topic
Replies (40 - 41)
Christopher
post Dec 4 2005, 02:22 AM
Post #41

Millennium Mark

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,696

Party affiliation: Private

My views on most things haven't changed. I just really understand now how little i know about so many things. I have learned quite a bit from some of the posters here. Enough to have backed off of some positions and have relaxed my libertarian standards on some things. It still leaves me both an anarchist and a capitalist. It still leaves me the type of person that would have been the butt of Montana freeman jokes.
Reading the various threads regarding war and terrorism make me more and more isolationist every day.
Do business with them all and let them kill each other if they can learn to do no better.
Its always amazing to me how many people can scream and holler about the founding fathers and their intent--and yet always forget one of their main themes--no foreign entanglements.

I am optimistic however. Mankind is slowly evolving and glimpses of what our potential can be are all around us. The current struggles are the inevitable results of mankind finally shrugging off the superstitions of our past.
I even owe some of the posters here whom I admit freely I detest. Some of them have views as reasoned as they are passionate. While i will never support their views i can support them in their rights to the belief. If i ever thought they would respect mine I would never have any worries about us getting along. However I remain very glad of the 2nd amendment as a final safeguard against some political and religious groups.

I participate less in the debates because I no longer really believe debate works much. I have yet to see any real change in the opinions of most posters. This does not surprise me however, So these days i focus more on assuring the freedom to go our own ways remains intact and no one power ever gains complete control--regardless of how thoroughly the Left tries to fail at each and every election. dry.gif Really guys -- just how many times are you going to lose before you finally realize your ideas need to adjust to the times. It ain't the 60s anymore. You cannot run on the same platform--it just doesn't meet the needs of today. rolleyes.gif

I am always surprised at the depth of the accumulated knowledge here on ad.gif
We have some posters here who are very sharp and I value their input on subject to help me gain insights to help me form reasoned opinions.

Since I have backed off of the debates I have been able to control my emotions more and better evaluate my positions and express my core beliefs more accurately.
I am taking my time and practicing my debate skills and compare my works against others.

This way when I return I can inflict maximum carnage.

2008 is getting closer and its never too late to fix the damage done to my country

This post has been edited by christopher: Dec 4 2005, 02:25 AM

+Quote Post
Jaime
post Jun 4 2006, 05:46 AM
Post #42

Group Icon

Elite Senior Contributor

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4

Party affiliation: None

CLOSED.

Thanks to everyone who has shared in this thread. We've opened a new place for this here: What I Have Learned...

Please join us there. flowers.gif

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Go to the top of the page - Simple Version Time is now: September 26th, 2018 - 12:33 AM
©2002-2010 America's Debate, Inc.  All rights reserved.