logo 
spacer

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

If you have an opinion, you should share it! Register Now!

America's Debate hosts the best in news, government, and political debate. Register now to take part in the most civil and constructive debate on the Internet. Join the community, and get ready to be challenged!

Click here to start

> Sponsored Links

Register to remove these ads!
> John McCain picks Sarah Palin- AK Governor!, Stunner from the north completes ticket!
CruisingRam
post Aug 29 2008, 03:43 PM
Post #1

Elite Senior Contributor

Group: Members
Member No.: 927

Politics: Liberal
Party affiliation: Other

I always thought she was his best pick- but had no idea he would really do it- I think this will make this presidential race a REAL race now- Sarah has no skelatons, one of the most popular governers in Alaska, has had to work one of the most complex actual business deals any CEO would ever even try to do (AGIA), oh yeah, and she is a "hockey mom" of five- her latest child born just a year ago, while in office. That child has down's syndrome, BTW. I believe she adds something to McCain's ticket that even Obama doesn't have- real life. Sarah Palin is not rich, not by any stretch of McCain's imagination. Not even a million a year. w00t.gif Not even 500k. Her husband, who we call here the "first dude" has won the Iron Dog competition, a hard core 1500 mile race in the middle of winter in death-wish conditions, on snowmachines, at night. He worked for an oil company, until he quit so there would be no appearance of conflict of interest while his wife "took it" to the oil companies that had been ripping us off. She stood up to the old guard corruption and was fired by the former governer for it.

IN a nutshell, Alaska loves Palin, whether you are Dem, Republican or Libertarian. And I think she is a great choice, and never thought in a thousand years McCain would pick her.

http://www.adn.com/news/politics/story/509746.html

So, questions for debate:

McCain's VP choice- good or bad?

Does she inject new vitality into the campaign, or does she inject a big unknown name?

Do you think she can lend her oil and gas experiance to this administration to make a common sense energy policy?

This post has been edited by CruisingRam: Aug 29 2008, 03:44 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
33 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
ottimista
post Aug 29 2008, 04:16 PM
Post #2

Century Mark

Member No.: 6,837

Politics: Slightly Liberal
Party affiliation: Independent

First of all let me say that if we lived in a perfect world, Sarah Palin may be a perfect choice. However, given McCain's age, this choice is the worst possible IMO. What happened to the "Family Values" platform of the Republican Party? I'm leaving myself open for attack here when I say that a Republican woman with five children, one of whom is under the age of one year with Down Syndrome, has no business accepting this "calling"! Until McCain made this choice, I was relying upon whomever he may pick as VP to carry the banner and assume the position, in case McCain's health falters at some given point in the future. Gov Palin may show well, but what kind of hard experience does she have JUST IN CASE?

The Republican "spinners" can spin all they want but "new vitality" - forget it! I don't think Hillary supporters will be swayed by this choice at all - in fact IMO this choice reflects McCain's total lack of realistic judgment! If he were 62 years old instead of 72, it may be absolutely a great choice for him, but the reality is much different. I'm happy that Alaska loves Palin, but I hardly think that the State of Alaska's opinion means diddily in this election!

Hey, folks, consider the state of this country now after eight years of George Bush's administration! Gov Palin's oil and gas experience will not do it for us and neither will McCain! IMO McCain has pounded the final nails into his run for the presidency!

+Quote Post
moif
post Aug 29 2008, 04:33 PM
Post #3

suspending disbelief

Sponsor
February 2004

Group: Sponsors
Member No.: 424

Politics: Undisclosed
Party affiliation: None

QUOTE(Ottimista)
...a Republican woman with five children, one of whom is under the age of one year with Down Syndrome, has no business accepting this "calling"!
So, would it make a difference if it was a democrat woman? tongue.gif

Seriously, I think this is a great choice. If McCain kicks the bucket, the USA will have a real person in charge for the first time in my life time! A woman, with multiple kids, who understands economic reality. What more could one ask for? I'd kill (not really) for PM like that in Denmark! Its like winning the lottery!

+Quote Post
Ringwraith
post Aug 29 2008, 04:38 PM
Post #4

Senior Contributor

Member No.: 697

Politics: Slightly Conservative
Party affiliation: Undisclosed

Hey, folks, consider the state of this country now after eight years of George Bush's administration! Gov Palin's oil and gas experience will not do it for us and neither will McCain! IMO McCain has pounded the final nails into his run for the presidency!

Barak....is that you? mrsparkle.gif

Well, I must say I am surprised, but WOW talk about a bold pick. This might just sway many of those Clinton supporters that haven't forgiven Obama for his treatment of Hillary during the campaign.

For the last 6 weeks, McCain has run a perfect campaign. Now this. I must say, underestimating McCain is something that Democrats had better stop doing. This race is gonna be historically close AND we are guaranteed either the first African American President or the first female Vice President. Historic indeed.

1. Yes. She is young, successful, and the epitome of today's successful young women and a great role model. One of the big weaknesses of Republican's in the past is how they don't pay attention to women. That sure changed in a hurry.

2. Both. But isn't this election all about change? Hmmmm.

3. Way to early for me to speculate about that since I don't know what she has accomplished. But from what you said CR, it sure sounds like she has some credentials.

+Quote Post
turnea
post Aug 29 2008, 04:39 PM
Post #5

Tweedy Impertinence

Sponsor
December 2005

Member No.: 133

QUOTE(moif @ Aug 29 2008, 11:33 AM) *
A woman, with multiple kids, who understands economic reality. What more could one ask for?

Policies that reflect said economic reality. laugh.gif

No such luck there. No national policy stances at all, except against abortion and gay marriage.

McCain choked on picking a moderate and instead went right back to to all-powerful social conservative wing of the Republican party. People have asked "Is conservatism dead"?

I always respond, "Was it ever alive?"

...and experience? w00t.gif

This post has been edited by turnea: Aug 29 2008, 04:39 PM

+Quote Post
ottimista
post Aug 29 2008, 04:45 PM
Post #6

Century Mark

Member No.: 6,837

Politics: Slightly Liberal

Gov Palin is a "heartbeat" away from the Presidency, and the United States is not Denmark! The heartbeat idea might sound trite and overused but in this particular race it appears a very real consideration! This isn't a "Lifetime TV" production everybody!

+Quote Post
Vanguard
post Aug 29 2008, 04:49 PM
Post #7

Senior Contributor

Member No.: 6,505

Politics: Conservative
Party affiliation: Republican

QUOTE(CruisingRam @ Aug 29 2008, 03:43 PM) *
I always thought she was his best pick- but had no idea he would really do it- I think this will make this presidential race a REAL race now- Sarah has no skelatons, one of the most popular governers in Alaska, has had to work one of the most complex actual business deals any CEO would ever even try to do (AGIA), oh yeah, and she is a "hockey mom" of five- her latest child born just a year ago, while in office. That child has down's syndrome, BTW. I believe she adds something to McCain's ticket that even Obama doesn't have- real life. Sarah Palin is not rich, not by any stretch of McCain's imagination. Not even a million a year. w00t.gif Not even 500k. Her husband, who we call here the "first dude" has won the Iron Dog competition, a hard core 1500 mile race in the middle of winter in death-wish conditions, on snowmachines, at night. He worked for an oil company, until he quit so there would be no appearance of conflict of interest while his wife "took it" to the oil companies that had been ripping us off. She stood up to the old guard corruption and was fired by the former governer for it.

IN a nutshell, Alaska loves Palin, whether you are Dem, Republican or Libertarian. And I think she is a great choice, and never thought in a thousand years McCain would pick her.

http://www.adn.com/news/politics/story/509746.html

So, questions for debate:

1. McCain's VP choice- good or bad?

This is a bad choice - a very bad choice though "kuddos' to Palin for marshalling the responsibilties that Alaska brings to the table. I am radically against this choice for two reasons - 1) my social conservative leanings reveal themselves when I say Gov. Palin has no business in the national spotlight with 5 children including an infant with Down's. I can only imagine the challenges her state office must bring but the responsibilities that a national campaign and vice-presidential position hold prompts me to conclude Palin should not expend the energies necessary for such an endeavor with so many important stewardship issues in the home, and 2) Gov. Palin brings little if any "gravitas" to the table considering the other half of the ticket runs a 50/50 chance of not making it through two terms in office. Let's see, McCain dies of an annuerism, and now Palin must head up the most powerful position in the free world? Hmmmm...

As an already earstwhile supporter of McCain I am now compelled to put all options on the table for consideration (i.e., Obama, Bahr, or McCain). Honestly, at this juncture I do not see how I would manage the contortions necessary to continue support for the McCain ticket. The libertatian candidate becomes all that more marketable.

McCain will lose a substantial portion of his constituency for these same reasons I have listed.

Way to go. mad.gif

2. Does she inject new vitality into the campaign, or does she inject a big unknown name?

I'm sure she does come with vitality - the same vitality needed to meaningfully contribute to the needs of a growing family.

3. Do you think she can lend her oil and gas experiance to this administration to make a common sense energy policy?

I have no idea as it pales in comparison to the issues I have already outlined. sad.gif

+Quote Post
Amlord
post Aug 29 2008, 04:50 PM
Post #8

Group Icon

The Roaring Lion

Sponsor

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 572

Karl Rove has said that the VEEP pick can't really help you, but if you make a mistake it can hurt you.

I think this is a bad pick. First of all, McCain's biggest club against Obama is Obama's lack of experience. As one DNC delegate said at the convention: (paraphrase) "Would you choose a kid right out of college to be the CEO of your company, even if he had all the right education? Experience matters." McCain had the experience card.

Given McCain's age, the VEEP pick is more critical than Obama's pick. Choosing someone without significant national (or even big state) experience is a handicap. Sure she might get a few women voters (or young men!) but how many experience voters will now look towards Obama?

Does she inject new vitality into the campaign, or does she inject a big unknown name?

She does a little of both, but mostly the unknown name. The Republicans already have Alaska in their column so she doesn't bring a swing state to their side. Romney, for instance, would have given a bump in Michigan and blue state Massachussets. Palin gives them nothing of the sort.

Do you think she can lend her oil and gas experiance to this administration to make a common sense energy policy?

Maybe she can, but the Vice President doesn't set policy. The Republicans are already viewed as the party that wants to expand our domestic drilling and oil industry, so what advantage does she bring to that?

+Quote Post
BecomingHuman
post Aug 29 2008, 04:52 PM
Post #9

Five Hundred Club

Member No.: 948

Politics: Independent
Party affiliation: Natural Law Party

Hmm, I don't know anything about her politics besides what I scrounged up on wikipedia.

It will be interesting to see how this plays politically. I wonder if liberal Ex-clintonites, desperate to see a woman in power, would flee willingly to a pro-life, pro-gun candidate simply because shes a woman. Can Obama's people come swinging against her without alienating women in general?

Overall my initial reaction is good choice. Besides, I think she's kinda cute wub.gif

This post has been edited by BecomingHuman: Aug 29 2008, 05:00 PM

+Quote Post
Lesly
post Aug 29 2008, 04:53 PM
Post #10

'Bryos before Hoes!

Sponsor
May 2004

Member No.: 2,838

QUOTE(ottimista @ Aug 29 2008, 12:16 PM) *
I'm leaving myself open for attack here when I say that a Republican woman with five children, one of whom is under the age of one year with Down Syndrome, has no business accepting this "calling"!
QUOTE(Vanguard @ Aug 29 2008, 12:49 PM) *
I am radically against this choice for two reasons. My social conservative leanings reveal themselves when I say Gov. Palin has no business in the national spotlight with 5 children including an infant with Down's.

Excuse me? Her family arrangements aren't any of your business and it wouldn't even be a concern if both of you presumed her having breasts and a vagina automatically means she has to be the primary care giver. Her husband will support her by doing more around the house and for their kids if he doesn't already if he's worth the print on their marriage certificate.

This post has been edited by Lesly: Aug 29 2008, 04:59 PM

+Quote Post
Vanguard
post Aug 29 2008, 05:04 PM
Post #11

Senior Contributor

QUOTE(Lesly @ Aug 29 2008, 04:53 PM) *
I'm leaving myself open for attack here when I say that a Republican woman with five children, one of whom is under the age of one year with Down Syndrome, has no business accepting this "calling"!
I am radically against this choice for two reasons. My social conservative leanings reveal themselves when I say Gov. Palin has no business in the national spotlight with 5 children including an infant with Down's.

Excuse me? Her family arrangements aren't any of your business and it wouldn't even be a concern if both of you presumed her having breasts and a vagina immediately means she has to be the primary care giver. Her husband will support her by doing more around the house and for their kids if he doesn't already if he's worth the print on their marriage certificate.

Excuse me? The family life of a candidate is now none of our business? Who are you to say it shouldn't be? Are you kidding? More power to Gov. Palin and her vaunted freshman political acumen but effectively extricating yourself from the very pressing needs of 5 dependents and one with particularly sensitive needs is not something to trifle with. Ah yes, the husband can pick up after the kids.... Classic, Leslie.

+Quote Post
Ringwraith
post Aug 29 2008, 05:09 PM
Post #12

Senior Contributor

Member No.: 697

Politics: Slightly Conservative
Party affiliation: Undisclosed

QUOTE(Vanguard @ Aug 29 2008, 12:04 PM) *

Excuse me? Her family arrangements aren't any of your business and it wouldn't even be a concern if both of you presumed her having breasts and a vagina immediately means she has to be the primary care giver. Her husband will support her by doing more around the house and for their kids if he doesn't already if he's worth the print on their marriage certificate.

Excuse me? The family life of a candidate is now none of our business? Who are you to say it shouldn't be? Are you kidding? More power to Gov. Palin and her vaunted freshman political acumen but effectively extricating yourself from the very pressing needs of 5 dependents and one with particularly sensitive needs is not something to trifle with. Ah yes, the husband can pick up after the kids.... Classic, Leslie.

Really? You are really that concerned about this? Let me ask you a question Vanguard. Who will have access to more help with children. Someone who is a female governor of a small state or someone who would be Vice President of the United States? Good lord, don't you think that a woman who has been as successful at this as she has been has perhaps thought about this? Of all the things to be concerned about, I think this is the least. Shes gonna have PLENTY of help and the kids will be just fine. Sheesh!

Now if you want to speak about experience well then you have a discussion. Of course I'd rather have someone with little experience in the VICE PRESIDENCY than PRESIDENT, but thats just me.

+Quote Post
Aquilla
post Aug 29 2008, 05:10 PM
Post #13

Advanced Senior Contributor

Member No.: 421

With all due respect to my conservative friends here who think this was a bad choice - YOU ARE WRONG. Sorry guys, but this choice, the first official choice of the McCain administration was absolutely brilliant. I don't know much about Gov Palin other than what, ironically, CR has told us about her. Based on that, she fits right in with McCain. She fights special interests and puts the needs of the people she's been elected to serve ahead.

I just watched her speech in Dayton. Pretty impressive, the Governor's got some chops and she knows what she's all about. This ain't no "token" pick as I'm sure we'll soon hear from the disciples of Obama. This lady is the real deal and she has a record of reform that has been documented here (thanks to CR). laugh.gif I love irony.

So here we go! Time to rock and roll and I'm thinking Sarah Palin is gonna eat Joe Biden for lunch in the debate.

GREAT choice! thumbsup.gif

Aquilla

This post has been edited by Aquilla: Aug 29 2008, 05:11 PM

+Quote Post
moif
post Aug 29 2008, 05:15 PM
Post #14

suspending disbelief

Sponsor
February 2004

Member No.: 424

Politics: Undisclosed

QUOTE(Lesly @ Aug 29 2008, 06:53 PM) *

Excuse me? Her family arrangements aren't any of your business and it wouldn't even be a concern if both of you presumed her having breasts and a vagina automatically means she has to be the primary care giver. Her husband will support her by doing more around the house and for their kids if he doesn't already if he's worth the print on their marriage certificate.
This is my thinking also. Barack Obama also has kids, he's the same age, but I've never hear any one express the opinion that having children should hold him from office.

QUOTE(ottimista)
Gov Palin is a "heartbeat" away from the Presidency, and the United States is not Denmark! The heartbeat idea might sound trite and overused but in this particular race it appears a very real consideration! This isn't a "Lifetime TV" production everybody!
Well you got that right. Denmark is a far better country biggrin.gif

Seriously though, what difference does McCain's age make in this regard? He wouldn't have chosen her if he didn't think she could step into his shoes if the need arose, and how on Earth can you know some one's metal until they've been tested in the fire? I think the assumption that she can't do the job, or has no right to stand for election because she has kids is nothing but plain old fashioned sexism.

+Quote Post
Vanguard
post Aug 29 2008, 05:18 PM
Post #15

Senior Contributor

QUOTE(Ringwraith @ Aug 29 2008, 05:09 PM) *
QUOTE(Vanguard @ Aug 29 2008, 12:04 PM) *

Really? You are really that concerned about this? Let me ask you a question Vanguard. Who will have access to more help with children. Someone who is a female governor of a small state or someone who would be Vice President of the United States? Good lord, don't you think that a woman who has been as successful at this as she has been has perhaps thought about this? Of all the things to be concerned about, I think this is the least. Shes gonna have PLENTY of help and the kids will be just fine. Sheesh!

Now if you want to speak about experience well then you have a discussion. Of course I'd rather have someone with little experience in the VICE PRESIDENCY than PRESIDENT, but thats just me.

Well, I happen to believe that women who chose to have a large family play an extremely important role in raising them - a roll that would require their presence virtually every day throughout most of the day. From the sound of things, my fellow political compatriots would now have us all believe that it really does "take a village to raise a child". blink.gif Of course, there are others to step in to fill the breach though the particular strengths that I am sure Gov. Palin brings to the family table far outweigh the practical benefits of enjoying a "9 to 5" nanny.

Gov. Palin has plenty of time to take the national political world by storm but not now. sad.gif

+Quote Post
BoF
post Aug 29 2008, 05:19 PM
Post #16

Giga-bite: "I catch mice & rats - 2 & 4 legs."

Sponsor
October 2004

Member No.: 3,423

Party affiliation: Democrat

QUOTE(Aquilla @ Aug 29 2008, 12:10 PM) *
Sorry guys, but this choice, the first official choice of the McCain administration was absolutely brilliant. I don't know much about Gov Palin other than what, ironically, CR has told us about her.

You are contradicting yourself, Aquilla. How do you know it was a "brilliant" choice if you"don't know much about Gov. Palin"?

This post has been edited by BoF: Aug 29 2008, 05:19 PM

+Quote Post
Lesly
post Aug 29 2008, 05:25 PM
Post #17

'Bryos before Hoes!

Sponsor
May 2004

Member No.: 2,838

QUOTE(Vanguard @ Aug 29 2008, 01:04 PM) *
Excuse me? The family life of a candidate is now none of our business?

What you mean is the family life of a female candidate with a large family is your business, because male Republicans caught diddling in bathroom stalls or soliciting prostitutes have no problem getting reelected, no matter how loud social conservatives howl about morality (or not, depending on the odds of keeping a seat in Congress).

Who are you to say it shouldn't be? Are you kidding?

No, I'm not kidding. I'm being rational. You, on the other hand, are basing your opinion on a hierarchy that is optional.

More power to Gov. Palin and her vaunted freshman political acumen but effectively extricating yourself from the very pressing needs of 5 dependents and one with particularly sensitive needs is not something to trifle with.

What do you base the above on besides her sex? Has she or someone in McCain's campaign addressed how she will handle her family? I'm guessing they haven't and won't because it doesn't bloody matter except for conservatives that wouldn't vote for a mom. Kind of like conservatives that would won't vote a Mormon.

Ah yes, the husband can pick up after the kids.... Classic, Leslie.

That's Lesly, and it might be something you would expect me to say, but I'm certainly not the only one who would say it. Hurry up and come to terms with the 21st century.

QUOTE(moif @ Aug 29 2008, 01:15 PM) *
This is my thinking also. Barack Obama also has kids, he's the same age, but I've never hear any one express the opinion that having children should hold him from office.

But he's a man, Moif. Michelle will take care of the kids and no one would think to ask if she will see to their needs. Naturally. dry.gif

QUOTE(Vanguard @ Aug 29 2008, 01:18 PM) *
From the sound of things, my fellow political compatriots would now have us all believe that it really does "take a village to raise a child".

You would have me believe you would have been against the ticket if McCain had picked Mr. Palin as his running mate? Do I type like I'm stupid or something?

This post has been edited by Lesly: Aug 29 2008, 05:31 PM

+Quote Post
Sleeper
post Aug 29 2008, 05:30 PM
Post #18

Who dat!

Sponsor
February 2004

Member No.: 386

Politics: Independent

I am really shocked by some of the responses here. It looks like sexism is alive and well, especially here on ad.gif. I guess my dislike towards Hillary did not allow me to see it earlier in the primary season, but wow do I see it here in this thread.

Why shouldn't a woman with 5 children run for vice president??

Let me ask all those a question who say that because she has obligations as a mother that she should not run as vice president: Should Obama not run for president because he would be shirking his responsibilities as a father to his children?

As for the questions.

The pick surprised me as I was thinking Romney. I have already known a few things about her as I have a good friend who lives in Alaska(who I might add is VERY liberal), and she loves Gov. Palin.
It will be very interesting(and revealing) to see the negative attacks against Palin. Right now I am shocked because I am seeing all the attacks coming from McCain supporters here on ad.gif. wacko.gif

This is really going to be an interesting election year.

Edit to add: I just saw that both Leslie and Moif nearly asked the same thing as me earlier in the thread. This thread is getting a lot of responses quickly.

This post has been edited by Sleeper: Aug 29 2008, 05:32 PM

+Quote Post
CruisingRam
post Aug 29 2008, 05:41 PM
Post #19

Elite Senior Contributor

Member No.: 927

Party affiliation: Other

Funny thing is- I think she has ten times more REAL experiance than McCain- my main complaints with McCain have always been:

1) NO experiance outside the Hanoi Hilton and goverment service. He married rich, and hasn't done a real days work in his while life. He is far less experianced than Palin, in any real world measurable arena

2) Too cozy with big business, and knows nothing about how tough it is in America these days for most families just to survive

3) NOt a real conservative at all- but McSame

Palin shores up McCain in every weak category he has. I just wish the ticket was reversed personally.

Funny thing about the "social" conservative issues with Palin- she doesn't harp on them. That is what I like about the "REAL" conservative movement here in Alaska- okay- abortion isn't a problem if we take care of the root causes right? There hasn't been one abortion debate here in Alaska since she has came to office- instead, she focused on REAL issues that confront Alaskans, such as AGIA and oil company corruption, and fighting tooth and nail against old guard corruption such as Randy Ruedrich (which catapulted her into the governers office, really) Ted Stevens, Don Young and Lisa Murkowski.

Her vice-governer, Sean Parnell, lost to Don Young, maybe (votes to be counted in Sept 5th) in an attempt to give a one-two push to that corrupt old guard republican that I rail against here over and over again.

It is also why I am a die hard local republican again, to the point of campaigning for local republican candidates- we are a state on the move, we are a state that is tired of that neo-con *** NOTICE: THIS WORD IS AGAINST THE RULES. FAILURE TO REMOVE IT WILL RESULT IN A STRIKE. *** and want REAL conservative leadership, not some one issue ideologues.

We haven't been succesful as we want to be.

http://www.adn.com/opinion/story/348228.html

Now the state GOP also shares the shame of three Republican state representatives convicted of corruption last year.

To give credit, a substantial number of Republicans attending the party convention in Anchorage did call for Ruedrich to resign. The vote asking him to do so lost 167 to 133.

Those who wanted a new chairman, including Gov. Sarah Palin, hoped the action would make a statement for honest government.

Didn't happen.

BOTTOM LINE: The Republicans could have put ugliness behind them during their state convention, but instead they voted for more of the same.

McCain's pick is being viewed through my own rose colored glasses, I will admit it. I am biased and I don't care who knows it.

I think she very well may be the pick McCain needed to win this election. I don't know if that is good or bad, but if McCain wins, does a good job for 8 years, or even 4, Palin would be a shoe-in for Prez.

And she would do a better job than ANY candidate since this all started off of pragmatic "get 'er done" running of goverment. Screw the controversial ideology- we need infrastructure built, we need common sense public policies, we don't need philosophical debate, we need practical solutions to complex problems without special interests winning the day. Palin has proven able to do exactly that.

A;so- the whole "what about her children" stuff is bullcrap. I know this family personally, have hung out with Todd Palin many times. He is a man's man- in other words- he takes care of his kids, big time. His eldest is in Iraq right now. Two of them are teenagers, older than Barak's kids.

don't worry about the kids- here in Alaska, we take care of our own. thumbsup.gif

BTW- I am an Alaskan dude too. I volunteer at my kids school, a choice school, by the way, and run them to class every day. I coach, I volunteer, I am involved. My wife doesn't have to be the only one taking care of MY babies. Alaskan men take care of thier own too ya know? I am more than a bit insulted in the sexism that Todd Palin is not up to the job of being first dad. He would kick your *** NOTICE: THIS WORD IS AGAINST THE RULES. FAILURE TO REMOVE IT WILL RESULT IN A STRIKE. *** if you suggested otherwise, 'cause he is an Alaskan, a six foot four real man that loves his kids, hunts his own food, and supports his wife. Shame on those that think they we can't take care of our own. mad.gif

This post has been edited by CruisingRam: Aug 29 2008, 05:46 PM

+Quote Post
Aquilla
post Aug 29 2008, 05:45 PM
Post #20

Advanced Senior Contributor

Member No.: 421

QUOTE(BoF @ Aug 29 2008, 12:19 PM) *
QUOTE(Aquilla @ Aug 29 2008, 12:10 PM) *
Sorry guys, but this choice, the first official choice of the McCain administration was absolutely brilliant. I don't know much about Gov Palin other than what, ironically, CR has told us about her.

You are contradicting yourself, Aquilla. How do you know it was a "brilliant" choice if you"don't know much about Gov. Palin"?

I don't know about where she stands on some issues, but based on what CR has said about her, she sounds like the kind of person that is a fit with McCain. I watched her speech, and I've read a little bit about her and her life experience. I liked what I heard and what I read. I think she's a good choice and I support it.

If you don't agree, BoF,why don't you take issue with Sarah Palin instead of me? Are you trying to close this thread? Let me guess......

Ahhhhh..... Yes.....

Aquilla

+Quote Post

33 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Go to the top of the page - Simple Version Time is now: February 20th, 2018 - 05:33 PM
©2002-2010 America's Debate, Inc.  All rights reserved.