logo 
spacer

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

If you have an opinion, you should share it! Register Now!

America's Debate hosts the best in news, government, and political debate. Register now to take part in the most civil and constructive debate on the Internet. Join the community, and get ready to be challenged!

Click here to start

> Sponsored Links

Register to remove these ads!
> A New Beginning?, A gathering of ideas
Trouble
post Jan 4 2020, 07:28 AM
Post #1

Five Hundred Club

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,142

Politics: Moderate
Party affiliation: None

I want to thank the creators for fixing the forums. It is a New Year and there is much to talk about. The problem is there is too much occurring too quickly and to understand things at any level calls for more than one set of eyes and ears. We need more than one perspective. The Chinese proverb is now in effect. The period of interesting times has come. There is smoke in the air and it is time to circle the wagons. Let's make sense of reality because frankly, it is getting a little strange. The old tools of rhetoric and dialectic have grown dusty. It is time to blow off the dust and get to work. Come, let's make this a year to remember. There is more than enough material to make this a hall of learning again. I'm excited, what about you? Thank you.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 5)
Gray Seal
post Jan 8 2020, 04:51 PM
Post #2

Millennium Mark

Member No.: 335

Politics: Undisclosed

It will be glorious to have some lively, constructive discussions here again on ad.gif!

+Quote Post
Trouble
post Jan 9 2020, 05:44 AM
Post #3

Five Hundred Club

Member No.: 1,142

Politics: Moderate

It is good to see you Gray Seal. The Golden Tufted Cockatoo has given us much to ponder!

+Quote Post
Blackstone
post Jan 13 2020, 07:56 PM
Post #4

Advanced Senior Contributor

Member No.: 5,539

Politics: Undisclosed
Party affiliation: Independent

QUOTE(Gray Seal @ Jan 8 2020, 11:51 AM) *
It will be glorious to have some lively, constructive discussions here again on ad.gif!

I certainly hope so. I noticed that even before the interruption, posting was starting to get pretty sparse (not that I'd been contributing much either, being a bit preoccupied elsewhere). I didn't know if everyone was running off to Twitter or something.

And Trouble's absolutely correct about the new times we're in. The old playbook is definitely being thrown out. And it's only going to get even more interesting with all the new ways that the Internet (and other IT plus AI) will evolve in the coming years. Buckle up good.

+Quote Post
Hobbes
post Jan 15 2020, 04:26 AM
Post #5

Group Icon

No More Mr. Nice Guy!

Group: Committee Members
Member No.: 1,155

Politics: Conservative
Party affiliation: Independent

QUOTE(Gray Seal @ Jan 8 2020, 10:51 AM) *

Agree!

+Quote Post
JohnfrmCleveland
post Jan 24 2020, 12:54 AM
Post #6

Master Debater

Sponsor
September 2009

Group: Sponsors
Member No.: 8,090

Politics: Very Liberal

QUOTE(Trouble @ Jan 4 2020, 03:28 AM) *
I want to thank the creators for fixing the forums. It is a New Year and there is much to talk about. The problem is there is too much occurring too quickly and to understand things at any level calls for more than one set of eyes and ears. We need more than one perspective. The Chinese proverb is now in effect. The period of interesting times has come. There is smoke in the air and it is time to circle the wagons. Let's make sense of reality because frankly, it is getting a little strange. The old tools of rhetoric and dialectic have grown dusty. It is time to blow off the dust and get to work. Come, let's make this a year to remember. There is more than enough material to make this a hall of learning again. I'm excited, what about you? Thank you.

Just came back to see if this was a ghost town or not. Looks like somebody is still manning the general store.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
4 User(s) are reading this topic (4 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Go to the top of the page - Simple Version Time is now: February 28th, 2020 - 08:58 PM
©2002-2010 America's Debate, Inc.  All rights reserved.