logo 
spacer

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

If you have an opinion, you should share it! Register Now!

America's Debate hosts the best in news, government, and political debate. Register now to take part in the most civil and constructive debate on the Internet. Join the community, and get ready to be challenged!

Click here to start

> Sponsored Links

Register to remove these ads!

> Welcome to the America's Debate Archive!

Topics that have had no new replies in the last 180 days are moved to the archive.

New replies are not accepted once a topic is moved to the archive, and new topics cannot be started in the archive.

> Does the vote in your county look right?, A challenge to the Democrats on AD.
Curmudgeon
post Nov 9 2004, 04:18 AM
Post #1

I am an unpaid protester!

Sponsor
August 1, 2003

Group: Sponsors
Member No.: 729

Politics: Liberal
Party affiliation: Democrat

Locally, both political parties encouraged everyone to vote by absentee ballot this year to ensure that there was a paper trail, accountability, and the certainty that you would have the opportunity to vote in case of a terrorist attack. (Was it Rumsfeld that said a partial election was better than none at all?) Then came the election, and the news stories on the Internet began to appear…

Franklin County's (Ohio) unofficial results had Bush receiving 4,258 votes to Democrat John Kerry's 260 votes in a precinct in Gahanna. Records show only 638 voters cast ballots in that precinct.
Source: Netscape News

In Dixie County, with 4,988 registered voters, 77.5% of them Democrats and a mere 15% registered as Republicans, only 1,959 people voted for Kerry, but 4,433 voted for Bush.
Source: Common Dreams News Center

That’s 1,414 more votes than registered voters…One article mentioned that the problems were worst where optical scanners were counting paper ballots, the system used by absentee voters.

In Muskegon County, the County clerk has a website where I can examine the actual vote, precinct by precinct throughout the county, This vote count and this vote count look a tad bit suspicious, especially since about 20% of the votes for President in the county were submitted by absentee ballot...

There was also a statistical anomaly that makes it appear as though Republicans are more likely than Democrats to vote by absentee ballot... There was about a 5% higher percentage of absentee voters supporting Bush than voters in the precincts on Election Day.

Have you looked into the actual vote results where you live?

Are there any abnormalities that really stand out to you?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 1)
BoF
post Nov 9 2004, 06:52 AM
Post #2

Giga-bite: "I catch mice & rats - 2 & 4 legs."

Sponsor
October 2004

Group: Sponsors
Member No.: 3,423

Politics: Liberal
Party affiliation: Democrat

Have you looked into the actual vote results where you live?

I live in Texas so it's hard to tell. I expected Bush to win the state and my county, which he did. I also thought he'd lose my precinct. That also happened. Having worked some at Democratic headquarters and seen the enthusiasm, I thought we'd do a little better.

Bush won 61% to 37% statewide and 62% to 37% in Tarrant County. Oddly enough Kery ran much better in traditionally more conservative Dallas County.

Are there any abnormalities that really stand out to you?

Not that I can see.

This post has been edited by BoF: Nov 9 2004, 07:08 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Go to the top of the page - Simple Version Time is now: January 21st, 2020 - 02:40 AM
©2002-2010 America's Debate, Inc.  All rights reserved.