logo 
spacer

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

If you have an opinion, you should share it! Register Now!

America's Debate hosts the best in news, government, and political debate. Register now to take part in the most civil and constructive debate on the Internet. Join the community, and get ready to be challenged!

Click here to start

> Sponsored Links

Register to remove these ads!
> Federal Funding for Harvey Relief and Rebuilding, Addressing the six-foot invisible rabbit in the room
AuthorMusician
post Aug 30 2017, 01:33 PM
Post #1

Glasses and journalism work for me.

Sponsor
November 2003

Group: Sponsors
Member No.: 297

Politics: Liberal
Party affiliation: Democrat

Harvey hit Houston and other Gulf of Mexico areas. It is referred to as a 500-year flood, which tells me this has never happened before. That's because 500 years ago, it was the start of the 16th century, and there was absolutely zero weather tracking back then for the Gulf of Mexico and pretty much anywhere else. Maybe there's archaeological evidence of a big flood in 1518? Probably not.

Regardless, now Congress has to face up to yet another big, expensive weather event.

Where does Harvey leave the Republican Congress on issues of funding the government and raising the national debt?

Where does Harvey leave President Trump on his plans to cut taxes?

How might Harvey change Republican politics?

A political adage goes, Where you stand depends on where you sit. Looks to me that Republicans now sit in dirty Texan flood waters. There's nowhere else to go, so it's come to cheeses time. IOW, get off your duffs and do something already!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Go to the top of the page - Simple Version Time is now: June 23rd, 2018 - 06:31 AM
©2002-2010 America's Debate, Inc.  All rights reserved.