logo 
spacer

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

If you have an opinion, you should share it! Register Now!

America's Debate hosts the best in news, government, and political debate. Register now to take part in the most civil and constructive debate on the Internet. Join the community, and get ready to be challenged!

Click here to start

> Sponsored Links

Register to remove these ads!
> A peculiar visitor here., An introduction indeed.
JP Cusick
post Oct 13 2011, 05:03 PM
Post #1

Contributor

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,134

Politics: Slightly Conservative
Party affiliation: Democrat

Hi all.

I am active on many internet forums so I am not new to such an interface.

The registration here was strict and I see the rules here are strict too.

I am a real life 2012 candidate for the US Senate from my State of Maryland, see link here = Maryland Board of Elections - 2012 Primary State Candidates List.

My campaign platform is to reform the Child Support laws, see link here = Vote JP platform.

So some people could view me as being SPAM depending on however one might define SPAM but I do not consider myself as being SPAM.

I do want to discuss the issue and discuss my own politics and stuff so this is my intro.

us.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Start new topic
Replies (40 - 52)
Ringwraith
post Oct 20 2011, 04:57 PM
Post #41

Senior Contributor

Member No.: 697

Party affiliation: Undisclosed

QUOTE(akaCG @ Oct 20 2011, 09:50 AM) *
With each passing day, the title of this thread becomes more and more accurate.

J.P. will fit right in with Washington.

It is time for me to move on, but I will still reply here if any one wants to talk to me as a lone ranger, and as me being one of those kind of persons that are not wanted here.

To quote Powers Boothe in Tombstone

"Well........bye."

+Quote Post
akaCG
post Oct 20 2011, 05:10 PM
Post #42

Advanced Senior Contributor

Sponsor
August 2012

Group: Sponsors
Member No.: 10,787

Politics: Conservative
Party affiliation: Independent

QUOTE(Ringwraith @ Oct 20 2011, 12:57 PM) *
QUOTE(akaCG @ Oct 20 2011, 09:50 AM) *
With each passing day, the title of this thread becomes more and more accurate.

J.P. will fit right in with Washington.

"Occupy Washington", more likely.

+Quote Post
Jaime
post Oct 20 2011, 06:41 PM
Post #43

Group Icon

Elite Senior Contributor

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4

Politics: Independent
Party affiliation: None

The Rules are here: Rules. You were linked to them in your welcome message, and they are linked on every page you visit here. Please don't feign as if they were never presented to you or if they are hard to find.

+Quote Post
Paladin Elspeth
post Oct 20 2011, 06:58 PM
Post #44

I want the 10th Doctor for President!

Sponsor
August 1, 2003

Member No.: 721

Politics: Liberal

QUOTE(JP Cusick @ Oct 20 2011, 08:49 AM) *
QUOTE(Paladin Elspeth @ Oct 19 2011, 05:48 PM) *
An initial, probationary status does not indicate snobbery. It is altogether reasonable to see how a new member does before affording him (or her) full membership privileges.

Calling it as "snobbery" is a nice and polite thing for me to call it, as there are more choice words which would be more accurate.

In cases of snobbery we have to compare it to other forums to see where the standards lay, and then ask why is this one even more "special" than the vast majority which do not have such restrictions?

QUOTE(Paladin Elspeth @ Oct 19 2011, 05:48 PM) *
If you can't abide a simple rule here, how would you ever tolerate following rules in Congress?

In this case I have NOT violated the rules, so refusing to follow such rules is not the same as breaking rules.

And in this case the so-called "rules" are not even told as the rules are arbitrary and capricious, as in one person has to apologize for telling that it is 10 posting while the actual rules are not told.

I do not see myself as being subordinate to those who rule here, even if others see it otherwise.

So let me put it in a more direct manner:

What makes you so "special" that you take such exception to the rules the rest of us followed? Which begs the question, just who is the snob here?

Us, or YOU?

The fact that people were uncertain as to how many posts a new member must make illustrates that nobody was so traumatized by not being able to post topics immediately that they remembered the experience. The rules are not a problem for us.

The rules are part of what makes this forum special. If you can't handle what the rest of us are comfortable with, by all means, don't let the screen door hit you on the butt on your way out.

This post has been edited by Paladin Elspeth: Oct 20 2011, 07:08 PM

+Quote Post
entspeak
post Oct 20 2011, 07:56 PM
Post #45

Mammal

Sponsor
May 2007

Member No.: 2,568

Party affiliation: None

A candidate who is uninterested in actually debating the issue that serves as his platform? Color me surprised. dry.gif

JP, I don't live in Maryland, so the question of whether or not I would vote for you is irrelevant. But, as you expressed a desire to be a member of this debate site, I have to ask: Since you were handed a thread on your issue in which you could've participated and then, according to the rules, been able to start your own thread - why not take advantage of it? Were you interested in discussing the issue with people here? Or were you just interested in posting your platform without having to address the challenges to it? If the latter, then... yeah, you're in the wrong place... you don't want a debate site - which is, by definition, about challenging the issues people put forth. But, if you're really looking to get elected, I hope you recognize that what you've demonstrated so far doesn't really instill confidence in your ability to be a good member of Congress - which, again, I have no say in whatsoever, so take that how you will.

+Quote Post
Dingo
post Oct 20 2011, 08:49 PM
Post #46

Elite Senior Contributor

Member No.: 225

Party affiliation: Private

I think JP has control issues. I guess the ambiguity of In order to avoid SPAM, new members must meet certain undisclosed criteria before starting new topics kind of irritated him. I post on another site that curiously uses the 10 post rule before you can introduce a link but lets you start a topic off the bat.

It's pretty simple. You are a guest in somebody elses house. If you want to enjoy guest privileges you put up with the few things you don't like or don't post. Complaining about the decor because everything doesn't meet your specifications seems kind of silly. If you are looking for perfection start your own place.

+Quote Post
JP Cusick
post Oct 20 2011, 09:42 PM
Post #47

Contributor

QUOTE(pheeler @ Oct 20 2011, 12:52 PM) *
You didn't answer the question. If you can't be humble and patient enough to wait through an introductory period on an internet debate forum, how are you going to be able to transition into the US Senate? If elected, you are going to be an outsider in the Senate, and you're going to have to establish yourself meekly before anyone takes you seriously. It might not be part of the rules, but it's part of common discourse.

Apparently you and I (and others) have a far different perspective, as I am not going to the US Senate as some meek little subordinate member - hell no.

And if they fail to take me seriously then they will be in for one hell-of-a big surprise.

As such I simply do not see your point in your question as I do not consider such a question for myself. If I get elected then it is the Senate which needs me and not I that needs it, so the Senate will have to transition and bend for my purposes.

In fact this is a big negative which I see for the incumbent that I am running against, because he is a weak and meek puppet Senator who rubber stamps whatever his superiors tell him to do which I say makes him as being an inconsequential representative that needs to be replaced.

Then start your own debate forum and run it how you see fit.

I do have a small forum on my website, but I figure when I win the election then I will create a large new forum that will spread all over the Internet and over the USA and the world.

My number one desire for such a forum is to let anyone join onto the forum, but then give extra merit for those who will verify their true identity just as I do, so then being anonymous will not carry the same weight. Of course I mean to give credits for compliance and not restrictions or punishments for those that do not want to comply.

You don't seem to understand that you are powerless to change us, so your protestations are completely in vain.

I really have not asked the rules to be changed here, and you might see such as being "protestations" but that is only by viewing me as some subordinate which I am not, so my protesting as you see it is just my being polite in telling my own position and not protesting at all.

You see me as "powerless" because you do not understand what real power means or what it looks like.

+Quote Post
Dingo
post Oct 20 2011, 09:50 PM
Post #48

Elite Senior Contributor

Member No.: 225

Party affiliation: Private

QUOTE(JP Cusick @ Oct 20 2011, 02:42 PM) *
the Senate will have to transition and bend for my purposes.

I'd love to hear your stories about how you made the prison system transition and bend to your purposes. ph34r.gif

+Quote Post
JP Cusick
post Oct 21 2011, 09:26 PM
Post #49

Contributor

QUOTE(Paladin Elspeth @ Oct 20 2011, 02:58 PM) *
So let me put it in a more direct manner:

What makes you so "special" that you take such exception to the rules the rest of us followed? Which begs the question, just who is the snob here?

Us, or YOU?

It is hardly correct to say that I who does not bow am thereby being the snob to those that expect bowing.

But I do consider myself and all individuals as being "special", with no one being superior.

QUOTE(Dingo @ Oct 20 2011, 05:50 PM) *
I'd love to hear your stories about how you made the prison system transition and bend to your purposes. ph34r.gif

As is told on my "Biography Page" then me going to jail and to prison was a part of my "non-violent civil disobedience" which means the jail and prison were indeed being used by my control and NOT by theirs.

It is clear that many people view violence as the boss and brute force as justice and the strongest rules and might makes right but all of those are wrong.

In fact I see my own civil disobedience against the evil Child Support system as being so very empowering for myself and for my cause that I am still extremely proud of doing it, and proud of being incarcerated accordingly.

The experience was hard and difficult but it was a great adventure too, and directly after my last release from the MD State prison in 2003 then I started my plans to run for election on the platform of reforming those same evil Child Support and Custody laws.

I went to prison for three (3) full years based on a misdemeanor crime of "Destruction of Property" which was spray painting the MD State House with the righteous words in red spray paint of: "Child Support thieves" and "Thou shalt not steal" and of course I gave the Court and the Judge a hard time at my trial too.

Civil disobedience as told by the Mahatma Gandhi and by Martin Luther King were right on.

+Quote Post
pheeler
post Oct 21 2011, 09:55 PM
Post #50

Professional Chem Nerd

Sponsor
October 2003

Member No.: 925

Politics: Slightly Liberal

QUOTE(JP Cusick @ Oct 20 2011, 01:42 PM) *
Apparently you and I (and others) have a far different perspective,

An understatement.

And if they fail to take me seriously then they will be in for one hell-of-a big surprise.

You mean graffiti on the Senate building? I admit I'd be pretty surprised if I read that news story.

+Quote Post
JP Cusick
post Oct 27 2013, 08:38 PM
Post #51

Contributor

QUOTE(Jaime @ Oct 20 2011, 02:41 PM) *
[mod]The Rules are here: Rules. You were linked to them in your welcome message, and they are linked on every page you visit here. Please don't feign as if they were never presented to you or if they are hard to find.[/mod]

Well I was rather contrary the last time that I was here, but now I hope to try again to join into the discussions here.

As it turned out I went to very many different forums which are dominated by bullies and bigots, so now I come back here because the idea of having tight controls (rules) so that such discussion can be done in a civil way sounds like a better way to me.

So if you all will have me then I have returned.

innocent.gif

+Quote Post
Paladin Elspeth
post Oct 29 2013, 05:17 PM
Post #52

I want the 10th Doctor for President!

Sponsor
August 1, 2003

Member No.: 721

Politics: Liberal

QUOTE(JP Cusick @ Oct 27 2013, 04:38 PM) *
QUOTE(Jaime @ Oct 20 2011, 02:41 PM) *
[mod]The Rules are here: Rules. You were linked to them in your welcome message, and they are linked on every page you visit here. Please don't feign as if they were never presented to you or if they are hard to find.[/mod]

Well I was rather contrary the last time that I was here, but now I hope to try again to join into the discussions here.

As it turned out I went to very many different forums which are dominated by bullies and bigots, so now I come back here because the idea of having tight controls (rules) so that such discussion can be done in a civil way sounds like a better way to me.

So if you all will have me then I have returned.

innocent.gif

Welcome back!

+Quote Post
nebraska29
post Dec 29 2013, 07:47 PM
Post #53

Only siths speak in absolutes.

Sponsor
November 2005

Member No.: 1,871

Politics: Very Liberal

Enjoying your posts, be sure to stick around. smile.gif

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Go to the top of the page - Simple Version Time is now: February 23rd, 2018 - 02:16 AM
©2002-2010 America's Debate, Inc.  All rights reserved.