logo 
spacer

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

If you have an opinion, you should share it! Register Now!

America's Debate hosts the best in news, government, and political debate. Register now to take part in the most civil and constructive debate on the Internet. Join the community, and get ready to be challenged!

Click here to start

> Sponsored Links

Register to remove these ads!

> Welcome to the America's Debate Archive!

Topics that have had no new replies in the last 180 days are moved to the archive.

New replies are not accepted once a topic is moved to the archive, and new topics cannot be started in the archive.

> What's going on?, Where is the world headed?
Billy Jean
post Nov 9 2005, 09:29 PM
Post #1

Millennium Mark

Group: Members
Member No.: 805

Politics: Independent
Party affiliation: None

As suggested, I'm starting a new thread on where the world is headed and is it just a natural cycle of human behavior?

I look at current events and see patterns, not that the past wasn't horrific, it was. But I see things coming back around again, circular, history has a tendency of repeating itself and I think we're coming close to one of those loops. I see 9\11 as our generations Pearl Harbor and I think the way things have been going since the fall of the former Soviet Union, causing a an imbalance of power, has now brought us to a period of great instability in the world. There is no longer just two opposing forces with the "button". I think in the last fifteen years there has been a slow swing of the pendulum that was pushed dramatically on 9/11. Our boarders are unprotected, our national identity is being swept away, along with our rights. Islamic extremists, terrorism, diseases, starvation, the "war for oil" over seas and in our wallets. The blatant pacification and hypnotic grip media has on our lives. Anxiety, lack of empathy and total disconnect we have from our neighbors and instead, a sick fascination we've developed (me included) with what we're presented with as entertainment: 24 hour news.

It's not getting better, it's getting worse...again. Job opportunities are being sent over seas, while the cost of living here goes up and manual labor jobs are being devoured by illegal aliens who aren't above working for a living, apposed to the laziness of the average couch potato. "New World Order". Our national debt and the fall of the once great manufacturing industry of America. Riots, nationally and internationally. And a deep divide of our political parties to almost an unhealthy desire to destroy ourselves from the inside...kind of like...

The Roman Empire and the USSR and the British Empire in it's hay day.

But that's just what I see. hmmm.gif

Do you think that the world is going along an optimistic path or pessimistic path?
What can you relate from history that mirrors current events and where it might lead us?
Possible WW3?
New World Order?
Annialation?

This post has been edited by Billy Jean: Nov 9 2005, 09:35 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 1)
Jaime
post Nov 9 2005, 10:39 PM
Post #2

Group Icon

Elite Senior Contributor

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4

Politics: Independent
Party affiliation: None

Topic closed...

Reason: Questions to debate too vague and hypothetical for constructive debate. We can either move this to casual conversation where prediction-making is acceptable, or please send a PM to a moderator with your revised questions.

Recommended action:
If you started this topic, please contact the staff member who closed it by clicking the PM button below this post with a clear question to debate.

Helpful links:
- Starting New Topics
- Survival Guide
- The Rules
- Staff Directory

Note: This is an automated response.

This post has been edited by Jaime: Nov 9 2005, 10:41 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Go to the top of the page - Simple Version Time is now: January 29th, 2022 - 10:24 AM
©2002-2010 America's Debate, Inc.  All rights reserved.