logo 
spacer

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

If you have an opinion, you should share it! Register Now!

America's Debate hosts the best in news, government, and political debate. Register now to take part in the most civil and constructive debate on the Internet. Join the community, and get ready to be challenged!

Click here to start

> Sponsored Links

Register to remove these ads!
> Another progressive
Lungwang
post Jan 29 2012, 03:27 PM
Post #1

Group: New Members
Member No.: 12,221

Politics: Independent
Party affiliation: None

Welcome everyone! to the brain of Lung. First off I am not Chinese as my name would imply. I am in fact an American of African decent who took two anglicized Chinese words meaning 'dragon king' and put them together in a feeble attempt to confuse those of you familiar with the pin-yin/wade-giles debate, Muahahahaha.

I consider myself an independent (who doesn't these days) that leans left on social issues but more center, to right on International policy. My philosophies are driven by my roles as a father, husband, African American, and a Taoist.

Looking forward to engaging in intellectual discourse with you all.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 3)
JohnfrmCleveland
post Jan 29 2012, 06:16 PM
Post #2

Master Debater

Sponsor
September 2009

Group: Sponsors
Member No.: 8,090

Politics: Very Liberal

Welcome, Lungwang. Have you been lurking for a while, or did you just join as soon as you saw the site? What are you interested in?

Edit: OK, I see by your join date that you've been lurking for about two months. What made you decide to start posting?

This post has been edited by JohnfrmCleveland: Jan 29 2012, 06:17 PM

+Quote Post
Julian
post Jan 30 2012, 01:37 PM
Post #3

Group Icon

Every day, when I wake up, I thank the Lord I'm Welsh

Group: Committee Members
Member No.: 496

Politics: Liberal
Party affiliation: Other

QUOTE(Lungwang @ Jan 29 2012, 03:27 PM) *
Welcome everyone! to the brain of Lung. First off I am not Chinese as my name would imply. I am in fact an American of African decent who took two anglicized Chinese words meaning 'dragon king' and put them together in a feeble attempt to confuse those of you familiar with the pin-yin/wade-giles debate, Muahahahaha.

I consider myself an independent (who doesn't these days) that leans left on social issues but more center, to right on International policy. My philosophies are driven by my roles as a father, husband, African American, and a Taoist.

Looking forward to engaging in intellectual discourse with you all.

Welcome Lungwang

If you haven't already, be sure to familiarise yourself with the Rules and the the Survival Guide. It's mostly common sense stuff, but it does help keep the boards running smoothly.

+Quote Post
Lungwang
post Feb 2 2012, 01:27 AM
Post #4

Group: New Members
Member No.: 12,221

Politics: Independent

QUOTE(JohnfrmCleveland @ Jan 29 2012, 12:16 PM) *
Welcome, Lungwang. Have you been lurking for a while, or did you just join as soon as you saw the site? What are you interested in?

Edit: OK, I see by your join date that you've been lurking for about two months. What made you decide to start posting?

My interest are varied. Currently, I have been preoccupied with environmental topics and poverty issues however I consider religion and philosophy my bread and butter. I came across this site in a search believe it or not.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Go to the top of the page - Simple Version Time is now: December 18th, 2018 - 10:13 PM
©2002-2010 America's Debate, Inc.  All rights reserved.