logo 
spacer

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

If you have an opinion, you should share it! Register Now!

America's Debate hosts the best in news, government, and political debate. Register now to take part in the most civil and constructive debate on the Internet. Join the community, and get ready to be challenged!

Click here to start

> Sponsored Links

Register to remove these ads!
> Who is Putin rooting for?
Dingo
post Sep 4 2016, 06:41 AM
Post #1

Elite Senior Contributor

Group: Members
Member No.: 225

Politics: Independent
Party affiliation: Private

I notice on RT (Russian TV) Hillary is being seriously hammered. Is this a signal from Putin that Donald is his preferred choice. My guess is yes, what with Trump's sour comments on NATO and his expressed willingness to concede to Russia conquered territories carved out of Ukraine.

Questions for discussion:

1. Do you think NATO has much of a future under President Trump?

2. Do you think Putin is promoting Trump's candidacy? If so why?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Start new topic
Replies (20 - 23)
Dingo
post Nov 5 2016, 03:58 AM
Post #21

Elite Senior Contributor

Group: Members
Member No.: 225

Party affiliation: Private

Here is a recent article on the Putin-Trump connection. Not that the Russians don't have concerns about his screwball remarks but on balance they see undermining Hillary as serving their interests. This is a pretty extensive article covering all sorts of aspects of the Russian cyberattack campaign and its reasons and stunningly how far Trump has been willing to go to establish his membership in the Putin fan club, including his choice of political campaign operatives.

http://www.alternet.org/election-2016/bomb...a-backing-trump

Here is one excerpt that caught my eye.
The incident that so stunned the British officials was largely overlooked in the United States, where media analysts were more focused on Trump’s refusal to say whether he would accept the outcome of the election. Instead, it came in the course of a discussion during the third presidential debate, when the two candidates talked about the Russian hacking.

CLINTON: We've never had a foreign government trying to interfere in our election. We have 17—17 intelligence agencies, civilian and military, who have all concluded that these espionage attacks, these cyberattacks, come from the highest levels of the Kremlin and they are designed to influence our election. I find that deeply disturbing. And I think it's time you take a stand...

TRUMP: She has no idea whether it's Russia, China, or anybody else.

CLINTON: I am not quoting myself.

TRUMP: She has no idea.

CLINTON: I am quoting 17...

TRUMP: Hillary, you have no idea.

CLINTON: ...17 intelligence—do you doubt 17 military and civilian...

TRUMP: And our country has no idea.

CLINTON: ... agencies.

TRUMP: Yeah, I doubt it. I doubt it.

CLINTON: Well, he'd rather believe Vladimir Putin than the military and civilian intelligence professionals who are sworn to protect us. I find that just absolutely...

TRUMP: She doesn't like Putin because Putin has outsmarted her at every step of the way.

The words that so shocked the British were “our country has no idea,” and “I doubt it.” All of the NATO allies are sure Russia is behind the hacking. All of America’s intelligence agencies are, too. The foreign intelligence services had been sharing what they knew about this with the Americans, and Trump had been told about it. But he blithely dismissed the conclusion of not only the United States but its allies as well, based on absolutely nothing. Trump had no apparent means of developing his own information to contradict the findings of intelligence agencies around the world. And that he would so aggressively fight to clear Putin, and cast aspersions on all Western intelligence agencies, left the British officials slack-jawed.

“They didn’t know what to think,’’ one former British official who has spoken to numerous members of the government about Trump’s comments in that debate. “A lot of people are now trying to connect the dots of all the data [in the intelligence files] to try and understand Trump…There certainly are a lot of conspiracy theories being bandied about, but no question there is a lot of concern about what’s going on in Trump’s head…and whether we would be able to work with him.”

+Quote Post
Ted
post Nov 5 2016, 04:26 PM
Post #22

Ten Thousand Club

Sponsor
February 2007

Group: Sponsors
Member No.: 1,807

Politics: Conservative
Party affiliation: Independent

QUOTE(Dingo @ Sep 4 2016, 02:41 AM) *
I notice on RT (Russian TV) Hillary is being seriously hammered. Is this a signal from Putin that Donald is his preferred choice. My guess is yes, what with Trump's sour comments on NATO and his expressed willingness to concede to Russia conquered territories carved out of Ukraine.

Questions for discussion:

1. Do you think NATO has much of a future under President Trump?

2. Do you think Putin is promoting Trump's candidacy? If so why?

Putin loves ol Hillary and Hillary loves Russia...here is why

Cash Flowed to Clinton Foundation Amid Russian Uranium Deal
Since uranium is considered a strategic asset, with implications for national security, the deal had to be approved by a committee composed of representatives from a number of United States government agencies. Among the agencies that eventually signed off was the State Department, then headed by Mr. Clinton’s wife, Hillary Rodham Clinton.
As the Russians gradually assumed control of Uranium One in three separate transactions from 2009 to 2013, Canadian records show, a flow of cash made its way to the Clinton Foundation. Uranium One’s chairman used his family foundation to make four donations totaling $2.35 million. Those contributions were not publicly disclosed by the Clintons, despite an agreement Mrs. Clinton had struck with the Obama White House to publicly identify all donors. Other people with ties to the company made donations as well.
And shortly after the Russians announced their intention to acquire a majority stake in Uranium One, Mr. Clinton received $500,000 for a Moscow speech from a Russian investment bank with links to the Kremlin that was promoting Uranium One stock.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/24/us/cash-...mpany.html?_r=0

+Quote Post
AuthorMusician
post Nov 5 2016, 06:16 PM
Post #23

Glasses and journalism work for me.

Sponsor
November 2003

Member No.: 297

Politics: Liberal
Party affiliation: Democrat

QUOTE(Hobbes @ Sep 14 2016, 04:40 PM) *
QUOTE(AuthorMusician @ Sep 11 2016, 03:02 PM) *
Ergo, Putin (remember him?) wants to deal with the easily manipulated Trump, rather than the seasoned world diplomat, Clinton.

Hardly. Putin knows that all he would need to do to easily manipulate Clinton is donate to the Clinton foundation...or, better yet, have one of his minions do it for him.

Oh sure, when HRC has the full resources of the US military at her command, plus the leverage of international treaties such as NATO, she will let a paltry sum, in comparison, sway her international decisions rolleyes.gif

One thing can be said for sure this election season, the Hillary haters have to reach way down to the bottom of the sludge barrel to keep up the idea that she would be a worse POTUS than Trump.

It kinda takes all the wind out of the haters' sails. Trump is about to lose so big league that his head will go spinning off his broad shoulders into the bottomless chasm of blustery political failures who never got to be King. Better move over Sarah, you're about to get company.

+Quote Post
Looms
post Nov 13 2016, 04:11 AM
Post #24

Senior Contributor

Sponsor
January 2004

Member No.: 1,416

Party affiliation: None

QUOTE(AuthorMusician @ Nov 5 2016, 01:16 PM) *
QUOTE(Hobbes @ Sep 14 2016, 04:40 PM) *
QUOTE(AuthorMusician @ Sep 11 2016, 03:02 PM) *
Ergo, Putin (remember him?) wants to deal with the easily manipulated Trump, rather than the seasoned world diplomat, Clinton.

Hardly. Putin knows that all he would need to do to easily manipulate Clinton is donate to the Clinton foundation...or, better yet, have one of his minions do it for him.

Oh sure, when HRC has the full resources of the US military at her command, plus the leverage of international treaties such as NATO, she will let a paltry sum, in comparison, sway her international decisions rolleyes.gif

One thing can be said for sure this election season, the Hillary haters have to reach way down to the bottom of the sludge barrel to keep up the idea that she would be a worse POTUS than Trump.

True, but only because the bottom of the sludge barrel is Hillary's permanent place of residence.

QUOTE(AuthorMusician @ Nov 5 2016, 01:16 PM) *
It kinda takes all the wind out of the haters' sails. Trump is about to lose so big league that his head will go spinning off his broad shoulders into the bottomless chasm of blustery political failures who never got to be King. Better move over Sarah, you're about to get company.

Yeah, you sure showed us! mrsparkle.gif Your party picked someone so absolutely repugnant that I, a liberal, voted Republican for the first time in my life. Keep on winning!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Go to the top of the page - Simple Version Time is now: June 22nd, 2018 - 01:09 AM
©2002-2010 America's Debate, Inc.  All rights reserved.