logo 
spacer

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

If you have an opinion, you should share it! Register Now!

America's Debate hosts the best in news, government, and political debate. Register now to take part in the most civil and constructive debate on the Internet. Join the community, and get ready to be challenged!

Click here to start

> Sponsored Links

Register to remove these ads!

> Welcome to the America's Debate Archive!

Topics that have had no new replies in the last 180 days are moved to the archive.

New replies are not accepted once a topic is moved to the archive, and new topics cannot be started in the archive.

> Liberal Democracy vs Radical Islam?, Is there any hope at all?
Victoria Silverw...
post Feb 8 2006, 11:03 AM
Post #1

Millennium Mark

Group: Members
Member No.: 608

Politics: Very Liberal
Party affiliation: Green Party

The recent events around the world which resulted from some drawings in a Danish newspaper have left me inexpressibly depressed. I think it is time to discuss the big question.

Let me make it clear here that I am only talking about the radical, Fundamentalist, violent wing of Islam, and not about those Muslims who are genuinely people of peace.

To be debated:

1. Is an all-out conflict between liberal, secular democracy and the oppressive branch of Islam inevitable?

2. If so, what will be the outcome?

I can see no hope if such a conflict must happen. Either the liberal, secular democracies must cease being any of those things, in order to "win," of the other side wins. Either way, we all lose.

My only hope is for an internal change within the diseased part of Islam before it is too late.

This post has been edited by Victoria Silverwolf: Feb 8 2006, 11:03 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 1)
Jaime
post Feb 8 2006, 12:25 PM
Post #2

Group Icon

Elite Senior Contributor

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4

Politics: Independent
Party affiliation: None

Topic closed...

Reason: Question to debate too vague. We can't predict the future as a constructive debate. Please reform the questions & PM me so we can reopen this. Thanks. smile.gif

Recommended action:
If you started this topic, please contact the staff member who closed it by clicking the PM button below this post with a clear question to debate.

Helpful links:
- Starting New Topics
- Survival Guide
- The Rules
- Staff Directory

Note: This is an automated response.

This post has been edited by Jaime: Feb 8 2006, 12:26 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Go to the top of the page - Simple Version Time is now: December 2nd, 2021 - 09:24 PM
©2002-2010 America's Debate, Inc.  All rights reserved.