logo 
spacer

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

If you have an opinion, you should share it! Register Now!

America's Debate hosts the best in news, government, and political debate. Register now to take part in the most civil and constructive debate on the Internet. Join the community, and get ready to be challenged!

Click here to start

> Sponsored Links

Register to remove these ads!
> Elizabeth Warren, Too fraudulent to be elected?
akaCG
post May 12 2012, 05:28 PM
Post #1

Advanced Senior Contributor

Sponsor
August 2012

Group: Sponsors
Member No.: 10,787

Politics: Conservative
Party affiliation: Independent

Many if not most of us have heard of Ms. Warren's now debunked claims to Cherokee heritage and employment thereof during her academic career.

It now appears that the integrity of her scholarship leaves a lot to be desired as well, to put it mildly:
... Claiming to be an "authority" on bankruptcy law, Warren has written papers and books wildly inflating the role medical bills play in personal bankruptcies.

A Northwestern University peer review of her 2005 paper on the subject, for example, ripped it apart, arguing "the methods were so poor they gave cover to those who want to dismiss the problems of the uninsured they can say the only paper out there uses a suspect method."
ABC News suggested she was exercising a hidden agenda to promote a government-run health system. Sure enough, President Obama in 2009 seized on her findings to argue for socialized medicine: "The cost of health care now causes a bankruptcy in America every 30 seconds."
In 2010, as Obama was floating Warren's name as someone to run his new Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, "The Atlantic" magazine reviewed her academic work and found a disturbing "pattern" of using bogus metrics to inflate the case for left-wing causes. "Deeply, deeply flawed," it said of her research. "This isn't Harvard (Law) caliber material not even Harvard undergraduate."

Link: http://news.investors.com/article/610773/2...igor.htm?p=full

Ms. Warren is currently running for the office of U.S. Senator from Massachussetts, hoping to unseat Republican Scott Brown.

Questions:

1. Do you think these revelations (both regarding her heritage and the integrity of her scholarship) will cause her to lose the election? Why or why not?

2. Do you think these revelations (both regarding her heritage and the integrity of her scholarship) should cause her to lose the election? Why or why not?

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
7 Pages V  « < 5 6 7  
Start new topic
Replies (120 - 122)
Dingo
post Nov 9 2012, 06:19 AM
Post #121

Elite Senior Contributor

Group: Members
Member No.: 225

Politics: Independent
Party affiliation: Private

QUOTE(nighttimer @ Nov 8 2012, 08:43 PM) *
QUOTE(Dingo @ Nov 7 2012, 07:17 PM) *
QUOTE(nighttimer @ Nov 7 2012, 12:39 PM) *
QUOTE(Dingo @ Nov 7 2012, 02:29 PM) *
1. Do you think these revelations (both regarding her heritage and the integrity of her scholarship) will cause her to lose the election? Why or why not?

My main thought was Brown needed to get his eyes checked. Ms Warren does not look like a pure white woman. The Indian contribution to her face appears quite obvious. Apparently enough voters agreed with me.

What is a "pure" White woman? ermm.gif

As distinguished from being part noncaucasian, Indian in this case, but go ahead and explore the offensive possibilities. sleeping.gif

My, but aren't we touchy?

I have never heard of human beings described as if they were comparable to bodies of water. From your loaded descriptor it isn't preposterous to assume if Elizabeth Warren isn't a "pure" White woman because of her mixed racial heritage, that must then mean she is unpure? unsure.gif

One of us is weird and I don't think it's me. ph34r.gif

+Quote Post
nighttimer
post Nov 9 2012, 06:53 AM
Post #122

Advanced Senior Contributor

Sponsor
February 2007

Group: Sponsors
Member No.: 504

Politics: Undisclosed
Party affiliation: Undisclosed

QUOTE(Curmudgeon @ Nov 9 2012, 01:11 AM) *
I would suggest that rather than continue with pointless racism, we close this thread!

Oh, I agree because the question as originally posed has been totally and thoroughly answered by the voters, so this is a settled issue. dry.gif

But if the Mods and Admins see a reason for this thread to stay open, that's their call.

QUOTE(Dingo @ Nov 9 2012, 01:19 AM) *

If you were weird how would you know it? blink.gif

+Quote Post
Dingo
post Nov 9 2012, 07:02 AM
Post #123

Elite Senior Contributor

Group: Members
Member No.: 225

Politics: Independent
Party affiliation: Private

QUOTE(nighttimer @ Nov 8 2012, 10:53 PM) *
QUOTE(Dingo @ Nov 9 2012, 01:19 AM) *

If you were weird how would you know it? blink.gif

I wouldn't but I would be confident that at least one was. cool.gif

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 5 6 7
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Go to the top of the page - Simple Version Time is now: October 22nd, 2018 - 02:15 AM
©2002-2010 America's Debate, Inc.  All rights reserved.