logo 
spacer

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

If you have an opinion, you should share it! Register Now!

America's Debate hosts the best in news, government, and political debate. Register now to take part in the most civil and constructive debate on the Internet. Join the community, and get ready to be challenged!

Click here to start

> Sponsored Links

Register to remove these ads!
> IPS driver error
Gray Seal
post Jan 10 2015, 04:56 PM
Post #1

Millennium Mark

Group: Members
Member No.: 335

Politics: Undisclosed
Party affiliation: None

The past few weeks I have been getting the IPS driver error message when attempting to access the forums. The frequency seems to be about half the time for variable periods of time. I have tried a second computer when this happened and get the same error page.

I have to wait 15 minutes or more before I can access the forums.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 6)
Dontreadonme
post Jan 11 2015, 10:23 PM
Post #2

Group Icon

I think, therefore I am an enemy of the State....and Fox News

Sponsor
October 2003

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 359

Politics: Independent
Party affiliation: Libertarian

I've had the same issues, but don't have any answers. My workaround is that when the url shows: http://www.americasdebate.com/forums/index.php?act=idx, I backspace the address to just show: http://www.americasdebate.com......and I can access the site.

+Quote Post
Trouble
post Jan 12 2015, 03:51 AM
Post #3

Five Hundred Club

Member No.: 1,142

Politics: Moderate

I'll try that. On about three-quarters of the day I'm getting IPS errors.

+Quote Post
Gray Seal
post Jan 14 2015, 05:28 PM
Post #4

Millennium Mark

Member No.: 335

Politics: Undisclosed

I never have a problem accessing the Home page. That page is separate from the forums. Accessing the forums is the problem.

+Quote Post
Julian
post Jan 15 2015, 12:28 PM
Post #5

Group Icon

Every day, when I wake up, I thank the Lord I'm Welsh

Group: Committee Members
Member No.: 496

Politics: Liberal
Party affiliation: Other

QUOTE(Gray Seal @ Jan 10 2015, 04:56 PM) *
The past few weeks I have been getting the IPS driver error message when attempting to access the forums. The frequency seems to be about half the time for variable periods of time. I have tried a second computer when this happened and get the same error page.

I'm getting the same thing. I'm using Chrome v 39.0.2171.95, with Win XP SP3. I wonder if this is yet another of Microsoft's nudges to get users to pay them again to receive the same level of service upgrade to the latest operating systems .

+Quote Post
AuthorMusician
post Jan 15 2015, 01:50 PM
Post #6

Glasses and journalism work for me.

Sponsor
November 2003

Group: Sponsors
Member No.: 297

Party affiliation: Democrat

QUOTE(Julian @ Jan 15 2015, 08:28 AM) *
QUOTE(Gray Seal @ Jan 10 2015, 04:56 PM) *

I'm getting the same thing. I'm using Chrome v 39.0.2171.95, with Win XP SP3. I wonder if this is yet another of Microsoft's nudges to get users to pay them again to receive the same level of service upgrade to the latest operating systems .

Could be, since XP support was dropped in April of 2014 http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/ent...of-support.aspx

I upgraded when I had to buy a newer desktop for supporting certain applications, and System 7 came with the machine. That's the way I've usually upgraded since the Windows 3.1 days. I do still have an XP machine for backup, but that's going to be changing probably this year.

I've not had any trouble with accessing ad.gif pages of any sort, and I'm running Chrome too, 39.0.2171.99. Had an auto update for S7 yesterday.

Yes, MS does these tricks to make money. It's part of the business model, and it's nothing new. Same thing was pulled by IBM in the mainframe era, but pressure from clients kept support for old OS's around quite a bit longer. I suppose if it's a problem, you could switch to open systems OS and apps. I've stuck with MS due to gig requirements, plus it's just better than open systems OS's I've tried. That is of course a subjective judgment. Other people really like Linux and other Unix-based systems for the desktop. I'm a fan of Solaris for production servers.

+Quote Post
Curmudgeon
post Jan 16 2015, 05:36 AM
Post #7

I am an unpaid protester!

Sponsor
August 1, 2003

Group: Sponsors
Member No.: 729

Party affiliation: Democrat

PE tends to type in the entire URL and routinely gets directed to the Forums and the IPS Driver Error of late.

I have a link in my Yahoo Toolbar that routinely takes me directly to the Home page with no errors.

I routinely use Windowa Explorer as a first option, FireFox as a fall back, and I have Chrome installed... (I rarely find the need to allow Google to add to my SPAM overload.) I rely on the same toolbars and links on all three programs and the three computers that we are currently using. Ergo, I can't fault the software...

I have clicked on the Forums link at the top of the web pages and been redirected immediately to the IPS Driver Error. It locks our computers up and forces a power recycle on all 3 browsers on all 3 computers including the Windows Ate System on the Laptop with the 64 bit processor and most current versions of all the browsers.

I would have to contend that there is an intermittent problem with the URL for the Forums Page; as the Home Page can be routinely accessed at any time.

The best short term solution that I can recommend as indicidual users is to find your way to the Home Page, copy the URL and Paste it to a toolbar or to an icon in your Windows desktop.

If you're having this problem with a LINUX or APPLE operating system; look to someone else for advice. I have had very limited experience with any system except Windows since before it was first released to the public. I was trying to help a friend edit a WORD document yesterday; and I found it necessary to have her attach it to an eMail and download the file from the eMail. When I tried to save the file to my Flash Drive directly from her Apple computer, the only thing that was copied was the shortcut address. We edited it on my computer, saved it, and then tried to print it. I started a search to see where it was saved to; but it was faster to transcribe the entire document and eMail her the edited file.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Go to the top of the page - Simple Version Time is now: March 29th, 2020 - 08:50 AM
©2002-2010 America's Debate, Inc.  All rights reserved.