logo 
spacer

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

If you have an opinion, you should share it! Register Now!

America's Debate hosts the best in news, government, and political debate. Register now to take part in the most civil and constructive debate on the Internet. Join the community, and get ready to be challenged!

Click here to start

> Sponsored Links

Register to remove these ads!
> IPS Driver Error, The problem persists.
Dingo
post Mar 22 2015, 02:11 PM
Post #1

Elite Senior Contributor

Group: Members
Member No.: 225

Politics: Independent
Party affiliation: Private

I know this has come up before but when I click on any link to the 'Forums' sometimes(Not always) I get a message saying 'IPS Driver Error'. I don't know if it is just me at this point or not but I thought I would get it on the record again. I'm not aware of a problem with any other ad.gif link.

This post has been edited by Dingo: Mar 22 2015, 02:45 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
Ted
post Mar 23 2015, 07:11 PM
Post #2

Ten Thousand Club

Sponsor
February 2007

Group: Sponsors
Member No.: 1,807

Politics: Conservative
Party affiliation: Independent

QUOTE(Dingo @ Mar 22 2015, 10:11 AM) *
I know this has come up before but when I click on any link to the 'Forums' sometimes(Not always) I get a message saying 'IPS Driver Error'. I don't know if it is just me at this point or not but I thought I would get it on the record again. I'm not aware of a problem with any other ad.gif link.

i have had that issue and with more than the Forum link

+Quote Post
Curmudgeon
post Mar 24 2015, 02:17 AM
Post #3

I am an unpaid protester!

Sponsor
August 1, 2003

Member No.: 729

Politics: Liberal
Party affiliation: Democrat

QUOTE(Ted @ Mar 23 2015, 02:11 PM) *
I have had that issue and with more than the Forum link.

I used to do troubleshooting.

I presume that the more information that you provide abour this problem as I did
QUOTE(Curmudgeon @ Jan 16 2015, 12:36 AM) *
(Itemized in another post.)
the quicker it will be resolved. I don't know what issues are currently consuming Mike's time, but if you would itemize where the error is occuring, it will be more useful than a statement that amounts to: "Somewhere in The United States of America, I noticed a streetlight was burned out."

(I know that I tried to file a police report this morning. Someone littered our backyard with a bale of hay. The policeman who took the report was very nice, and he will see that it is investigated as soon as I can tell him who did that...)

Back on topic, Paladin Elspeth told me that she is able to work around "IPS ERROR" by logging on to America's Debate, then clicking on the "Members" Link, and then clicking on "View New Posts." Link.

My mailbox is, as usual, full; but perhaps someone else who is dealing with this problem could send a PM to Mike.

This post has been edited by Curmudgeon: Mar 24 2015, 02:31 AM

+Quote Post
Julian
post Mar 27 2015, 11:00 AM
Post #4

Group Icon

Every day, when I wake up, I thank the Lord I'm Welsh

Group: Committee Members
Member No.: 496

Party affiliation: Other

QUOTE(Dingo @ Mar 22 2015, 02:11 PM) *

I get it from time to time, but only rarely, and only sporadically. It appears to be almost random - only appearing occasionally, and it doesn't appear to be linked to high traffic on the ad.gif servers (at least, there are never very high numbers of members and Guests logged in once I do manage to get on to the site).

That makes me think that some sort of context-sensitive feedback is coming from the client PC when logging in, by which I mean some particular combination of running programmes is tripping up the TCP/IP flow and triggering the server error message. Or, perhaps more likely, there's something amiss in the hosting service or IP routing service to the ad.gif servers (i.e their ISP's area of responsibility) that might be triggering the error.

I can't help thinking that if it was a continuing problem on the ad.gif hosting server itself, it would be something all users were seeing, all the time.

Or maybe I'm not thinking straight?

+Quote Post
AuthorMusician
post Mar 30 2015, 02:59 PM
Post #5

Glasses and journalism work for me.

Sponsor
November 2003

Member No.: 297

I got the message early this morning, and part of it has to do with a database error. Sometimes databases crash or partially go belly up, so no database means no website in the vast majority of web applications.

BTW, I haven't installed anything new for a very long time other than VPN, and that was shut off when I got the message. I doubt it has anything to do with the browser or other things going on in my machine. While it is true that our Internet link goes down fairly regularly, not having redundant rings yet, and in the morning, the link was rock solid this morning. Another observation along this line was the streaming of NPR Morning Edition, which usually hickups first, and it played all the way through without interruptions.

So my guess is something on the server end, maybe a database communication process crashing or freezing. The Internet link local to the server had to be working for the message to get to me, rather than simply not finding the site. Another possibility is a(n) SQL problem, but I'd expect that to show up during the coding process and get fixed before going live.

Worse case would be a corrupted database. That's never been any fun for me, but maybe it's a lot easier to forward recover these days.

+Quote Post
Gray Seal
post Mar 30 2015, 03:11 PM
Post #6

Millennium Mark

Member No.: 335

Politics: Undisclosed
Party affiliation: None

The IPS error was different for me today. Usually I can access the home page but not the forums when I receive the IPS error screen. Today, it was the opposite.

+Quote Post
nighttimer
post Mar 30 2015, 04:58 PM
Post #7

Advanced Senior Contributor

Sponsor
February 2007

Member No.: 504

Party affiliation: Undisclosed

Yeah, whatever the problem is, it's not going away on its own. Maybe someone needs to kick the server?
IPS Driver Error Causes

An IPS Driver Error can be caused by the person or persons who own the specific forum that you are trying to access. They may require a sort of authentication, or permission, to access the forum and this might prompt the error. It could also be a problem with the forum owner’s server and they may not be aware of it. Another cause could be a virus and/or malware infection on your PC and it might even be that your PC’s registry has become corrupt.

IPS Driver Error Fixes

As the problem might be a virus and/or malware, the first logical step to alleviating the error is to scan for both. After a complete scan and deleting all that is found you might still encounter problems. If you do, then the trouble is likely on the server side and you will have to then follow these steps:
1.Find the contact information for the forum board you are trying to access.
2.Contact the forum’s owner or webmaster and tell them of the problem you are having.

Await your response. This can take several hours to several days so be patient.

Wow, does this seem so familiar. ermm.gif

We appreciate your call. Your call is very important to us. Please listen as our menu options have changed. The check is in the mail and I bet you think those are raindrops falling on your head. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Curmudgeon
post Mar 30 2015, 07:57 PM
Post #8

Sponsor
August 1, 2003

QUOTE(nighttimer @ Mar 30 2015, 11:58 AM) *
Wow, does this seem so familiar. ermm.gif

We appreciate your call. Your call is very important to us. Please listen as our menu options have changed. The check is in the mail and I bet you think those are raindrops falling on your head. laugh.gif

While waiting for a response, I thought:

I've been licensed to drive a car, a fork lift, and elevated lifts such as you find on a bucket list. Ergo I did a search for how to get a license to drive an IPS...

My search found a link to How to Become a UPS Driver. Apparently, I was not the first person who got this bored as I waited on hold for weeks for an IPS Driver to be repaired. Links in the ad included:

Online Training
Learn visual effects online at… <SNIP>

Automatic Driver Updater
For Windows 7, XP and Vista

(Edited to remove extraneous and irrelevant links and coding)

And the ads change each time I test the link...

This post has been edited by Curmudgeon: Mar 30 2015, 08:25 PM

+Quote Post
Gray Seal
post Apr 17 2015, 02:38 PM
Post #9

Millennium Mark

I have not seen the IPS driver error at all this past week. Was it fixed? Has the problem cleared for others?

+Quote Post
Julian
post Apr 17 2015, 03:40 PM
Post #10

Group Icon

Every day, when I wake up, I thank the Lord I'm Welsh

Group: Committee Members
Member No.: 496

Party affiliation: Other

QUOTE(Gray Seal @ Apr 17 2015, 03:38 PM) *
I have not seen the IPS driver error at all this past week. Was it fixed? Has the problem cleared for others?

I don't think so - I had it yesterday, after about 2 weeks of trouble-free access. But so far today, I've visited ad.gif twice, without any problems. Most perplexing...

+Quote Post
Gray Seal
post Jun 15 2015, 06:59 PM
Post #11

Millennium Mark

Today, I have not been able to get past the IPS driver error at all. I can click on posts from the home page but I can not get to the forum page. This is the longest period I have experienced this error.

+Quote Post
BoF
post Jun 15 2015, 07:27 PM
Post #12

Giga-bite: "I catch mice & rats - 2 & 4 legs."

Sponsor
October 2004

Member No.: 3,423

QUOTE(Gray Seal @ Jun 15 2015, 01:59 PM) *
Today, I have not been able to get past the IPS driver error at all. I can click on posts from the home page but I can not get to the forum page. This is the longest period I have experienced this error.

Do you really think that anyone who can correct this gives a damn?

This post has been edited by BoF: Jun 15 2015, 07:28 PM

+Quote Post
Gray Seal
post Jun 16 2015, 05:33 PM
Post #13

Millennium Mark

It has been over 24 hours and I am unable to access the forum page. Is this the case with everyone?

+Quote Post
BoF
post Jun 16 2015, 07:04 PM
Post #14

Sponsor
October 2004

QUOTE(Gray Seal @ Jun 16 2015, 12:33 PM) *
It has been over 24 hours and I am unable to access the forum page. Is this the case with everyone?

It has been that way for a couple of weeks. This thread has been up for almost three months. Unless a ghost or hacker fixes it, it ain't gonna get fixed. Get used to that reality.

+Quote Post
Dontreadonme
post Jun 16 2015, 08:05 PM
Post #15

Group Icon

I think, therefore I am an enemy of the State....and Fox News

Sponsor
October 2003

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 359

Party affiliation: Libertarian

When I click my bookmarked link, http://www.americasdebate.com/forums/index.php?act=idx, I get the IPS Driver Error.

I have to backspace the link to just:http://www.americasdebate.com, and I'm in the site with otherwise full functionality.

+Quote Post
Gray Seal
post Jun 16 2015, 08:52 PM
Post #16

Millennium Mark

I can get to the home page you gave without a problem, Dontreadonme. When I click on the button for the forums I get the IPS error. Some functionality is based from the forum page. Beginning a new topic, for instance, or seeing who is on the site at that time, for another.

There is no problem reading or posting to current discussions.

+Quote Post
Curmudgeon
post Jun 17 2015, 11:01 AM
Post #17

Sponsor
August 1, 2003

QUOTE(BoF @ Jun 15 2015, 03:27 PM) *
QUOTE(Gray Seal @ Jun 15 2015, 01:59 PM) *

Do you really think that anyone who can correct this gives a damn?

From their Member Profiles:
Mike: Last Seen: January 4th, 2015 - 07:37 PM

I don't have much time to debate these days. I am the Technical Admin here, and handle all technological aspects of America's Debate. Please drop me a note or leave me a comment on my profile! Thanks!

Jaime: Last Seen: March 5th, 2015 - 11:47 PM

( All bolding is mine. )
( Edited to correct formatting problems )

This post has been edited by Curmudgeon: Jun 17 2015, 11:14 AM

+Quote Post
Gray Seal
post Jun 17 2015, 06:36 PM
Post #18

Millennium Mark

Dontreadonme, I see one work around from the homepage. If you click on the list of topics in the browse window you can get in to post new topics. Not sure how to see who is on the site but that is not an important function. I guess there is full functionality if you know where to click.

+Quote Post
BoF
post Jun 17 2015, 07:50 PM
Post #19

Sponsor
October 2004

QUOTE(Gray Seal @ Jun 17 2015, 01:36 PM) *
Dontreadonme, I see one work around from the homepage. If you click on the list of topics in the browse window you can get in to post new topics. Not sure how to see who is on the site but that is not an important function. I guess there is full functionality if you know where to click.

You keep avoiding the issue GS. Hint, see Mudge's post. If you choose to continue evading reality, I can spell it out for you in greater detail.

+Quote Post
Dontreadonme
post Jun 18 2015, 12:41 AM
Post #20

Group Icon

I think, therefore I am an enemy of the State....and Fox News

Sponsor
October 2003

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 359

Party affiliation: Libertarian

QUOTE(BoF @ Jun 17 2015, 09:50 PM) *
You keep avoiding the issue GS. Hint, see Mudge's post. If you choose to continue evading reality, I can spell it out for you in greater detail.

The stark reality is....forum administration problems or not, you can spend your online time elsewhere, no? Could I spell it out in greater detail?

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Go to the top of the page - Simple Version Time is now: March 29th, 2020 - 09:44 AM
©2002-2010 America's Debate, Inc.  All rights reserved.