logo 
spacer

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

If you have an opinion, you should share it! Register Now!

America's Debate hosts the best in news, government, and political debate. Register now to take part in the most civil and constructive debate on the Internet. Join the community, and get ready to be challenged!

Click here to start

> Sponsored Links

Register to remove these ads!

> Welcome to the America's Debate Archive!

Topics that have had no new replies in the last 180 days are moved to the archive.

New replies are not accepted once a topic is moved to the archive, and new topics cannot be started in the archive.

> Is Cheney on the Ticket in 2004?, Pure speculation here.
Mike
post Aug 13 2002, 02:08 AM
Post #1

Group Icon

***I AM NOT A LIBERTARIAN***

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Politics: Conservative
Party affiliation: Independent

So, do you think Cheney is going to be on the ticket again in 2004, or do you think Bush will pick someone different?

Don't get me wrong, I like Cheney -- "big time". But having heart attacks in office is not a good thing.

On top of it, Cheney is not President material. He would never run.

Seeing as the incumbent VP is usually on the ticket for President, Cheney is a bad pick for VP in 04.

We need to get someone in there who is potential Presidential material.

I think Rumsfeld is out. He loves his job, and I don't think he'd give it up.

I can't think of any Republican Congressmen who would fit the bill off the top of my head.

Colin Powell is an option, but I don't think he's Presidential material for 2008.

Condoleezza Rice is a viable option. She'd be a double-hitter for first female VP and first black VP. I think she'd have a chance, but the Republicans wouldn't put her up. With her, though, we could get one step ahead of Hillary.

What if Hillary runs in 04, and Bush picks Rice? Then we are guaranteed to get a woman as President or VP. I personally think that would be great, considering I'd have my money on the Bush-Rice ticket. Or, may be it would be a Gore-Clinton ticket, with Hillary as the VP. That would be interesting.

So who will be on the ticket in 2004?

Mike
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 11)
drmarcs
post Aug 13 2002, 03:35 PM
Post #2

Century Mark

Group: Members
Member No.: 14

Politics: Undisclosed
Party affiliation: Undisclosed

Mike, Mike, Mike…

Do you forget, the rebuilt Cheney, they had the technology…he is the 6 million dollar man. So what if his heart was clinically dead 4 years ago…he is kind of like Darth Vader, more machine than man. He’ll be on the ticket for 2004 and he’ll win.

As for your idea about Condoleezza Rice, it’s a good one, especially to battle against the dark forces of Hillary. But not a likely story as to the fact that Hillary-Rodham-Clinton-Rodham is not likely to take a VP position. She already had that one for 8 years.

I would like to see Condoleezza run though, she’s a brilliant woman who gets no credit. Powell I would not vote for, he continues to show his weaknesses, especially with regards to the Middle East. And you are right, there are NO senators even worth looking at.

+Quote Post
Mike
post Aug 13 2002, 05:03 PM
Post #3

Group Icon

While the idea of Robo-Cheney is funny, I still don't think he's the right choice for VP in 2004.

The main reason is that he is not going to run for President in 2008. And if he did, he'd lose.

The Republicans have to have realized this already.

Putting Cheney back on the ticked guarantees a Democratic victory in 2008, at least in my eyes.

Let's get Cheney somewhere he can actually make a difference. VPs just attend funerals and raise money. Really, what else do they do? They wait for the President to kick, or they wait for their term to be up so they themselves can run for President.

Here's an idea for VP. How about George Bush 41? He's got the experience as VP, and as President. We all know him.

How about that? The Bush-Bush ticket in 04?

While I'm spouting off about tickets that will never come to be, I have a good one.

Here's a guaranteed winner, although they would likely be Democrats. How about the Tom Hanks - Oprah ticket? Everyone loves Tom Hanks, and Oprah would certainly get the female vote, and likely a good percentage of the black vote. So if the Dems put up the Hanks-Winfrey ticket, I'm headed to Canada tongue.gif !

Mike

+Quote Post
drmarcs
post Aug 13 2002, 06:09 PM
Post #4

Century Mark

Is Hanks a Demogod? He seems like such a good guy. Always looking out for the WWII Memorial...oh wait wasnt he gay in the Philidelphia movie?

Too bad Arnold was born in Austria, he would win a presidential seat id bet. He always talks about running for CA govoner, i'm *** NOTICE: THIS WORD IS AGAINST THE RULES. FAILURE TO REMOVE IT WILL RESULT IN A STRIKE. *** he hasnt yet.

+Quote Post
Mike
post Aug 13 2002, 06:16 PM
Post #5

Group Icon

I personally don't know Hanks' politics.

I guess I've always figured he's left-of-center just because most of the Hollywood type seem to be.

As for Arnold, I don't think he'd have a chance even if he could be on the ballot. Why, I have not idea. Just my thoughts...

Mike

+Quote Post
drmarcs
post Aug 13 2002, 06:43 PM
Post #6

Century Mark

Oh come on you know you would vote for Arnold. His campaign slogan could be (in an Austrian accent) “Vote for me or I’ll kick your *** NOTICE: THIS WORD IS AGAINST THE RULES. FAILURE TO REMOVE IT WILL RESULT IN A STRIKE. ***!”

+Quote Post
JohnProia
post Aug 14 2002, 12:03 AM
Post #7

BANNED

Group: BANNED
Member No.: 22

I'd vote for Condi Rice for Prez in a billionth of a millisecond. No doubt in my mind on that.

+Quote Post
Mike
post Aug 14 2002, 06:28 AM
Post #8

Group Icon

Boy, if it was a Bush-Rice ticket in 2004, the Democrats would be worried.

We'd be in position to take a big chunk of their base.

+Quote Post
JohnProia
post Aug 15 2002, 01:03 AM
Post #9

BANNED

Group: BANNED
Member No.: 22

If we put Condi Rice in as Prez for 08', she'd win and Republicans would effectively shake the bad name they've received. Not to mention the fact that we would seize national, state, and local elections for the next century.

+Quote Post
KejRepub
post Aug 16 2002, 03:12 PM
Post #10

Member No.: 27

The problem however is Arnold can not run for pres. There's that whole Constitutional thing about not being "born here". I also like the fact that the best candidate for pres as a black male is Colin Powell (a repub.) and the best Female black candidate is a Ms. Rice (a repub).

What about Rice-Powell in 2008? huh.gif

+Quote Post
Jaime
post Aug 18 2002, 04:56 AM
Post #11

Group Icon

Elite Senior Contributor

Member No.: 4

Politics: Independent
Party affiliation: None

Well, Cheney must be sick of you folks speculating on his run. Well, maybe.

NY Times ran an article in which Cheney "disputed" the rumors he would not run in 2004: Looking for Cheney? He's Looking to 2004. I'll admit the article is poorly written and doesn't actually say to whom or in what context Mr. Cheney made these statements.

I surfed around and tried to find similar articles but no luck. In fact, I found more sites opining on Cheney's possible replacement. Have any of you been able to find more exact information regarding Cheney's statements?

+Quote Post
Mike
post Aug 18 2002, 05:14 AM
Post #12

Group Icon

Is Cheney on the Ticket in 2004?, Pure speculation here.

Sorry, I have no real information at all on the subject. I don't think the media does either.

Mike

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Go to the top of the page - Simple Version Time is now: February 17th, 2018 - 09:50 PM
©2002-2010 America's Debate, Inc.  All rights reserved.