logo 
spacer

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

If you have an opinion, you should share it! Register Now!

America's Debate hosts the best in news, government, and political debate. Register now to take part in the most civil and constructive debate on the Internet. Join the community, and get ready to be challenged!

Click here to start

> Sponsored Links

Register to remove these ads!

> Welcome to the America's Debate Archive!

Topics that have had no new replies in the last 180 days are moved to the archive.

New replies are not accepted once a topic is moved to the archive, and new topics cannot be started in the archive.

> Mexico Promoting Illegal Immigration
Rev_DelFuego
post Jan 7 2005, 11:56 AM
Post #1

Five Hundred Club

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,250

Politics: Moderate
Party affiliation: Independent

From the NYTimes

The Mexican government drew fire from American advocates of tighter borders on Wednesday for publishing a pamphlet that instructs migrants how to safely enter the United States illegally and live there without being detected....Officials here say the small booklet, illustrated in comic-book style, is not intended to encourage illegal immigration, but to reduce the loss of life.

Question for Debate:
Did the Mexican Government overstep it boundaries by publishing a pamphlet on how to illegally immigrate to the US, or is just protecting it citizens?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 3)
aevans176
post Jan 7 2005, 03:55 PM
Post #2

Millennium Mark

Member No.: 3,607

Politics: Conservative
Party affiliation: None

QUOTE(Rev_DelFuego @ Jan 7 2005, 06:56 AM)
From the NYTimes

The Mexican government drew fire from American advocates of tighter borders on Wednesday for publishing a pamphlet that instructs migrants how to safely enter the United States illegally and live there without being detected....Officials here say the small booklet, illustrated in comic-book style, is not intended to encourage illegal immigration, but to reduce the loss of life.

Question for Debate:
Did the Mexican Government overstep it boundaries by publishing a pamphlet on how to illegally immigrate to the US, or is just protecting it citizens?

I have to say that immigration is a hot button for most people here in the Lone Star state. However, I have a hard time faulting anyone for attempting to make a better life for themselves. I would love it if they would do it via legal channels, but most immigrants are too destitute to take the time and energy needed to process the appropriate paperwork. I don't know that I wouldn't try to sneak over if I were in their shoes...

If I were GW, I would make a public plea to Vincente Fox to slow or stop this process. If our border patrol knows that this publication exists, you'd presume that the suggestions the pamphlet makes would be null and void by now. However, in general, if this pamphlet keeps people from drowning, being electrecuted or shot, etc... It's probably not all that bad of an idea.

+Quote Post
ConservPat
post Jan 8 2005, 12:16 AM
Post #3

Advanced Senior Contributor

Member No.: 415

Politics: Very Liberal
Party affiliation: Independent

Yes! No government has the right to write a Breaking Our Neighbors' Laws For Dummies book. The Mexican Government should be helping us round up these criminals and ship them back to where they came from. The government is helping people break laws, the government is helping people break laws...The government is helping people break laws...Oy.

CP us.gif

+Quote Post
Twilight Sky0
post Feb 10 2005, 09:44 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 4,431

Politics: Undisclosed
Party affiliation: None

I agree with Aevens about people building a better life for themselves, but the government shouldn't be supporting illegal activities. If they want to help people emmigrate, they should advise them on legal ways to get into the country.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Go to the top of the page - Simple Version Time is now: January 29th, 2022 - 10:25 AM
©2002-2010 America's Debate, Inc.  All rights reserved.