Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: King Fahd of Saudi Arabia Dies
America's Debate > Archive > Assorted Issues Archive > [A] International Debate
Google
VDemosthenes
The Story

Questions to Debate:

1.) What were Fahd's major accomplishments? Have they contributed to lowering the rate of terrorism in Saudi Arabia?

2.) Will the reign of Prince Abdullah increase Westernization of Saudi Arabia?

3.) With rising oil prices it is likely the government will push for more oil production. Will Saudi Arabia comply? Why or why not?

Helpful links:

Link One

Link Two

Google
Lin731
1.) What were Fahd's major accomplishments? Have they contributed to lowering the rate of terrorism in Saudi Arabia?

Personally, I believe one of the main causes of what we are seeing (radical, terrorist, Islamic sects) is largely due to Saudi Arabia and the form of Islam they've been teaching for 30 years. It is an excessive form and it is what we've seen spread across the middle east. They've funded radical Mullahs who have taught hatred for the west (as a way to keep the people focused on us instead of their own power leadership).

2.) Will the reign of Prince Abdullah increase Westernization of Saudi Arabia?

Only time will answer this question but I'm assuming in the shortterm they will maintain the status quo.

3.) With rising oil prices it is likely the government will push for more oil production. Will Saudi Arabia comply? Why or why not?

I think they'll drag their feet for a while to reap some major profits but will eventually increase production.
Google
This is a simplified version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2021 Invision Power Services, Inc.