Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2006 Fantasy Election
America's Debate > Forum Information > Comments and Suggestions
Google
Jaime
The 2006 Fantasy Election is open. Get your picks in early and feel free to discuss anything related to the Fantasy Election in this topic.

smile.gif
Google
Mike
Looks like the Fantasy Election is being pretty well received. We've got 14 members who have started voting, and some who have already finished!

Let's just hope that nobody picked Mark Foley for FL District 16 in the House...:

http://today.reuters.com/news/articleinves...ITICS-FOLEY.XML

Mike
ConservPat
Damnit, there goes my perfect score.

CP us.gif
Wertz
Doh! Off to a bad start. Though I notice that we're in the same boat as Stefan Fargus, AuthorMusician, themenace, and Doclotus. Not a bad boat. laugh.gif
Doclotus
Yeah, I have red clicks burned into my brain from doing that house pick. I dance with what brung me. smile.gif
nighttimer
F.Y.I., Mike.

In the Ohio House of Representatives race the Republican incumbent Bob Ney has dropped off the ballot and was replaced by state senator Joy Padgett. She is now contesting Democrat Zack Space for the open seat.
Mike
Excellent, thanks Nighttimer!

I'll deal with this in about an hour or so, once I've had some dinner!

Thanks again,

Mike
Wertz
In Oregon, District 2, the Republican candidate is incumbent Greg Walden and the Democratic challenger is John McColgan. In the Fantasy Election poll, Walden is listed twice: as Greg Walden (R) and Greg Walden (D). This may be the way Republicans would print the ballot, but I suspect that in the AD poll it was a typo. laugh.gif
kalabus
In Virginia district 1 you have Jake Ford running as the republican incumbant.

Jake Ford is an independent congressional candidate from Tennessee running in the seat vacated by his brother Harold Ford Jr.

The incumbant congresswoman in that very republican district (Virginia 1) is I think Jo Ann Davis.
Vermillion
QUOTE(kalabus @ Oct 7 2006, 08:19 PM) *

Jake Ford is an independent congressional candidate from Tennessee running in the seat vacated by his brother Harold Ford Jr.

I misread that the first time I saw it, and thought you said Harrison Ford. I would move to Tennessee to vote for him! How can Han Solo (or the brother of Han Solo) leading the state be anything but a bad thing?

The first time the religious far-right comes on to him on some issue:

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid"
Google
kalabus
These following Congressional District house races are the only ones worth keeping an eye on for a potential close race, upset or party switch.

Arizona 1,5,8
California 11
Colorado 3,4,7
Connecticut 2,4,5
Florida 8,9,13,16,22,24
Georgia 8,11
Idaho 1......yes Idaho 1.
Iowa 1,3
Illinois 6,8,17
Indiana 2,8,9
Kentucky 3,4
Minnesota 1,6
North Carolina 8,11
New Jersey 7
New Mexico 1
Nevada 2
New York 20,24,26,29
Ohio 1,2,6,15,18
Pennsylvania 6,7,8,10
Texas 17,22,23
Virginia 2
Vermont At Large District
Washington 8
Wisconisn 8
West Virginia 1,2
Wyoming At Large District....not kidding.

59 seats that could be pretty competitive. The vast majority of them are held by Republicans.

In the senate the only seats worth glancing at are

Arizona, Montana, Ohio, Missouri, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Tennessee and Virginia....Which Republicans hold......... Maybe even Nevada on the back burner

Washington, Minnesota, Maryland and New Jersey.....which Democrats hold....Maybe even Michigan on the back burner.

Excusing all of those the ballot is easy to punch.
Mike
QUOTE(Doclotus @ Sep 29 2006, 04:44 PM) *

Yeah, I have red clicks burned into my brain from doing that house pick. I dance with what brung me. smile.gif
Heh... try designing it. Just looking at the ballot makes me dizzy. blink.gif

QUOTE(nighttimer @ Sep 29 2006, 05:40 PM) *

F.Y.I., Mike.

In the Ohio House of Representatives race the Republican incumbent Bob Ney has dropped off the ballot and was replaced by state senator Joy Padgett. She is now contesting Democrat Zack Space for the open seat.
Should be fixed. smile.gif

QUOTE(Wertz @ Sep 30 2006, 07:25 PM) *

In Oregon, District 2, the Republican candidate is incumbent Greg Walden and the Democratic challenger is John McColgan. In the Fantasy Election poll, Walden is listed twice: as Greg Walden (R) and Greg Walden (D). This may be the way Republicans would print the ballot, but I suspect that in the AD poll it was a typo. laugh.gif
Should be fixed (although John McColgan wasn't the challenger, it was Carol Voisin). smile.gif

QUOTE(kalabus @ Oct 7 2006, 03:19 PM) *

In Virginia district 1 you have Jake Ford running as the republican incumbant.

The incumbant congresswoman in that very republican district (Virginia 1) is I think Jo Ann Davis.
Should be fixed. smile.gif

Thanks for the heads-ups. thumbsup.gif

Mike
Wertz
One more - very minor: in Utah, District 1, Rob Bishop ® is an incumbent and doesn't have the [I].
Mike
QUOTE(Wertz @ Oct 9 2006, 09:40 PM) *

One more - very minor: in Utah, District 1, Rob Bishop is an incumbent and doesn't have the [I].

Fixed, thanks. smile.gif
Wertz
Oh - and the same goes for incumbent Bill Sali - Idaho, District 1. happy.gif
Mike
QUOTE(Wertz @ Oct 9 2006, 10:17 PM) *

Oh - and the same goes for incumbent Bill Sali - Idaho, District 1. happy.gif

He's a state rep. smile.gif
kalabus
I layed off mentioning this because I thought it would look anal, but since people are noting missing incumbant labels I might as well.....

In New York district 29 you have Eric Massa labelled as a Republican. He was a republican but has been a democrat for a few years now. He is running against the incumbant Republican congressman Randy Kuhl.

So Eric Massa in New York district 29 is a democrat not a republican.
Mike
QUOTE(kalabus @ Oct 9 2006, 11:55 PM) *

I layed off mentioning this because I thought it would look anal, but since people are noting missing incumbant labels I might as well.....

In New York district 29 you have Eric Massa labelled as a Republican. He was a republican but has been a democrat for a few years now. He is running against the incumbant Republican congressman Randy Kuhl.

So Eric Massa in New York district 29 is a democrat not a republican.

Excellent, thanks. Fixed. smile.gif

Mike
Wertz
I noticed you were testing a link in relation to the Fantasy Election during the post-election chat the other night, Mike. Does this mean we can look forward to an update soon? Not being pushy - just asking. happy.gif
Mike
QUOTE(Wertz @ Nov 9 2006, 02:42 PM) *

I noticed you were testing a link in relation to the Fantasy Election during the post-election chat the other night, Mike. Does this mean we can look forward to an update soon? Not being pushy - just asking. happy.gif

Yes, the Fantasy Election currently tells non-staff that the election is over, and that results will be released in a few days.

I have to write the tabulation script (hire ME, Diebold!) and need some final results to come in before the results are made final.

Not long now, and thanks for the push... tongue.gif

Mike
Amlord
So who won the Fantasy Election? As far as I can tell, even the Staff doesn't know. ph34r.gif
This is a simplified version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.