Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Spel chekker...
America's Debate > Forum Information > Comments and Suggestions
Google
Sleeper
Sorry for the sarcastic title. tongue.gif

Been about a week now since the spell checker has not worked for me, anyone else?
Google
Mike
QUOTE(Sleeper @ Apr 14 2007, 01:43 PM) *

Sorry for the sarcastic title. tongue.gif

Been about a week now since the spell checker has not worked for me, anyone else?

First I've heard of it.

I'll look into it. smile.gif

Mike
nighttimer
And here I thought it was just me and the computer I was using.

Yeah, the spell checker hasn't worked for me either for the last few days. online2long.gif
BoF
I like the spell checker in MS word better.

Until the board's version is fixed, try pasting the post in Word, doing the spell checking and then pasting it back into the board's posting box. Word is, in my opinion, better because (1) it underlines spelling mistakes in red, and (2) offers a better choice of alternative spellings.
Lesly
Permanent solution for broken spell checkers: download and install Firefox 2.0.0.3 tongue.gif
nighttimer
Thanks for the tech tip, Lesly. I use Firefox as my browser (Internet Explorer---pfui! sour.gif ) but I never thought about the spell checker.
Lesly
I didn't read the features for the latest version myself. I was right-clicking a word one day to copy and paste into dictionary.com search when I noticed Firefox's spell checker offering the correctly spelled word. smile.gif
BoF
QUOTE(Lesly @ Apr 14 2007, 06:47 PM) *

I didn't read the features for the latest version myself. I was right-clicking a word one day to copy and paste into dictionary.com search when I noticed Firefox's spell checker offering the correctly spelled word. smile.gif

Now that you mention it, Google Toolbar also has a spell checking utility.
Mike
Spellcheck should now be working again.

Thanks for your patience. smile.gif

Mike
Google
This is a simplified version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.