Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nesting posts
America's Debate > Forum Information > Comments and Suggestions
Google
moif
Did something get nerfed? I can no longer see the threads as threads, now I just get each post with a thread tree. Is this new?, permanent?

Google
Jaime
My guess is that you accidentally switched the way you view posts. This can be changed by going into any topic with posts, and on the top right of the first post you will see a dropdown box called 'Options'

Click on this and under 'Display Modes' click on 'Linear'

If that doesn't fix it, please let Mike or me know. smile.gif
lederuvdapac
I had the same issue, but its better now, thanks Jaime.
Mike
Yup, what Jaime said is likely what happened.

Your default view mode can be changed, even if you don't change it intentionally. If someone clicks, for example, "Threaded view," loads the page, pastes a link on the forum, and you click that link, it can change your default view mode.

Kind of lame if you ask me, but it's how the forum script was written.

smile.gif

Mike
moif
Aha! I should have guessed. A lot of my settings seem to have been changed about after I upgraded Firefox. Thanks Jaime (and Mike) thumbsup.gif
entspeak
QUOTE(moif @ Oct 22 2007, 04:27 PM) *
Did something get nerfed? I can no longer see the threads as threads, now I just get each post with a thread tree. Is this new?, permanent?

I had this problem for a long time and eventually found that it was a cookie issue. I deleted the cookie which fixed the problem. Wish I could remember what the name of it was. Thought it was just a Mac thing.
Google
This is a simplified version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.