Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Changing personal photo-uploading problems
America's Debate > Forum Information > Comments and Suggestions
Google
nebraska29
I've had some problems as of late with this feature. When I click the upload button to get a picture off of my hard drive, I get a notice that it failed and to contact the head folks here. Is it just me? Could I add photos via Photobucket instead? Or is it that liberals aren't allowed to upload pictures?

Google
Lesly
When did you go from conservative to slightly conservative to liberal? biggrin.gif

I've never had a problem with it, but the size of your avatar pic did go down after the last major update. I usually upload straight from my PC. Are your pics within range?

Your avatar must be no bigger than 120 pixels by 120 pixels in size. Uploaded avatars from your computer must be no larger than 50 KB.
The following file types are allowed: gif, jpeg, jpg, png
Mike
QUOTE(nebraska29 @ Nov 3 2007, 01:03 PM) *
Is it just me? ... Or is it that liberals aren't allowed to upload pictures?

Yeah, it's just you. That's what you get for constantly calling me a libertarian in the chat room! tongue.gif

Kidding, of course. It may have been caused by a lack of space on the server. It turns out I had forgotten to clear off log files since... ermm... July. whistling.gif

I just uploaded a new photo and it worked for me. Can you test it out again and let me know if it works for you now?

QUOTE(Lesly @ Nov 3 2007, 01:08 PM) *
When did you go from conservative to slightly conservative to liberal? biggrin.gif

I've never had a problem with it, but the size of your avatar pic did go down after the last major update. I usually upload straight from my PC. Are your pics within range?

Your avatar must be no bigger than 120 pixels by 120 pixels in size. Uploaded avatars from your computer must be no larger than 50 KB.
The following file types are allowed: gif, jpeg, jpg, png

Avatar sizes shouldn't have gone down. Actually, probably about a year ago, they went up. It used to be 90x90 for sponsors and 64x64 for regular members, but we increased them to 120x120 for sponsors and 90x90 for regular members.

Current settings:
Sponsors:
Personal Photo: 150px by 150px - 100K
Members:
Personal Photo: 150px by 150px - 100K
smile.gif

Mike
Lesly
Yeah, personal photo is what I meant.
nebraska29
Problem solved! I figured out that I kind of have to reduce the size of the picture. When I clicked "edit" on the picture I wanted, I discovered that it was absolutely HUGE. blink.gif Thanks again Mike. I don't know if I could run a site and deal with techno-knuckle-dragging-neanderthals who whine and make Andy Rooney like posts along the lines of: "how come I can't use the ___ option?" biggrin.gif
Google
This is a simplified version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.