Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hello
America's Debate > Everything Else > Casual Conversation > Introductions
Google
Bullslawdan
Hi there, I'm Dan.

On May 17th I graduate from law school, so I'll say right now I won't be around during June or July - bar study.

I live in Western NY, Brockport. My top interests in debate would have to be conspiracy theories, taxation, smaller government, theories of origin, and Constitutional law.

I don't know what else to say. I already posted in a tax protester thread - they're some of my favorites, combining the complex analytical approach of tax study with the wacky fun of conspiracy theorists! tongue.gif

Anyway, that's me.
Google
Jaime
Hello Bullslawdan. Welcome to ad.gif

Congrats on the graduation and good luck with your exam. As a seasoned paralegal here's my two bit advice - always be nice to the Court Clerks, even when they are rude and unhelpful. They have the power to 'lose' your important filings. Always sign requests to the court 'respectfully submitted' - judges like that. I'll spare you the rest. online2long.gif

Glad to have you here!
Bullslawdan
QUOTE(Jaime @ Mar 25 2008, 10:42 PM) *
Hello Bullslawdan. Welcome to ad.gif

Congrats on the graduation and good luck with your exam. As a seasoned paralegal here's my two bit advice - always be nice to the Court Clerks, even when they are rude and unhelpful. They have the power to 'lose' your important filings. Always sign requests to the court 'respectfully submitted' - judges like that. I'll spare you the rest. online2long.gif

Glad to have you here!

Oh yeah absolutely. I work for a federal district court judge right now p/t, and I've learned that his clerks and his secretary are totally the "in".

Also, at a law firm I worked at last year, I noticed that often, the first thing lawyers would do after they met with someone was come out of their office (showing the person out) and then come back and ask their secretary "What did you think of THAT guy?"...

I'm looking for a job with a firm now and one of my biggest questions to young lawyers (who grew up typing their own papers in Word and are comfortable with computers and all that) is ... What do you have your secretaries do??? tongue.gif
Google
This is a simplified version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.