Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nulled vote on polls
America's Debate > Forum Information > Comments and Suggestions
Google
crashfourit
It would be nice to display (in text or a graph) how many 'nulled' their votes in a poll question.

I think it should be considered a valid option as the rest of the poll questions and given its own (relative) graph compared to how many sided with one of the poll answers.

Any thoughts? And Mike, how feasible is that?
Google
BoF
QUOTE(crashfourit @ Nov 2 2008, 01:42 PM) *
It would be nice to display (in text or a graph) how many 'nulled' their votes in a poll question.

I think it should be considered a valid option as the rest of the poll questions and given its own (relative) graph compared to how many sided with one of the poll answers.

Any thoughts? And Mike, how feasible is that?

It is already possible to figure out how many votes are nulled.

At this moment seven people have voted for one of the options in nebraska29's Sarah Palin and the Constitution poll. There have been eleven total votes, which means that there have been four nulled votes.

http://www.americasdebate.com/forums/index...mp;#entry261620
Mike
Hey Crash.

I'm not doing any modifications until after the next upgrade, which will hopefully be out soon. Here's my response from a few weeks back when asked a similar question. It pretty much covers this one, too:

QUOTE(Mike @ Oct 7 2008, 05:02 PM) *
While I'm sure this is possible, I'm not sure how complex it would be. The polling system for the forum, if I recall correctly from trying to modify it in the past, is quite difficult to modify. I've kind of put a temporary hold on any new modifications or changes to the code here until the next upgrade comes out. I anticipate its release sometime around the end of the year. It's going to be a very major upgrade.

For the time being:

Total Votes - sum(tallied votes) = # of nulled votes

smile.gif

Mike

Google
This is a simplified version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.