Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A question of clarification on graphs
America's Debate > Forum Information > Comments and Suggestions
Google
Dingo
Are they simply to be linked or can they be directly posted. I thought it was the former but I've noticed a proliferation of graphs that are being directly posted without it raising any alarms.

So yes or no, can we directly post graphs or are they only to be linked to?

Thank you,

Dingo
Google
Jaime
Images should be linked to when at all possible Rules. I admit, we don't catch all images that should have been linked. We really appreciate reports on them.

What it comes down to is that we should give credit where it's due and provide a link and not host the image at ad.gif .
Raptavio
QUOTE(Jaime @ Jun 8 2010, 06:29 PM) *
Images should be linked to when at all possible Rules. I admit, we don't catch all images that should have been linked. We really appreciate reports on them.

What it comes down to is that we should give credit where it's due and provide a link and not host the image at ad.gif .

Is the purpose to give credit? If so, is it therefore OK to directly post our own images?
Julian
QUOTE(Raptavio @ Jun 9 2010, 02:06 AM) *
QUOTE(Jaime @ Jun 8 2010, 06:29 PM) *

Is the purpose to give credit? If so, is it therefore OK to directly post our own images?

The Rules Please refer to Rule VI - no, it isn't ok to directly post your own images.

I think we tend to relax it on the casual conversation threads somewhat, but even there Rule V still applies to copyrighted material.
TedN5
Dingo, thanks for seeking the clarification. I guess I have been guilty of violating this rule recently.
Google
This is a simplified version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.