Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Self-bumping threads
America's Debate > Forum Information > Comments and Suggestions
Google
Belshazzar
I've noticed recently that sometimes a thread will bump itself to the top of the homepage without a new post being added, often repeatedly. Not a big deal, just thought it was worth mentioning.
Google
moif
Do these threads have polls?
BoF
QUOTE(Belshazzar @ Mar 13 2011, 09:12 PM) *
I've noticed recently that sometimes a thread will bump itself to the top of the homepage without a new post being added, often repeatedly. Not a big deal, just thought it was worth mentioning.

If a poll is attached to the thread it bumps everytime someone votes. I have, however, noticed it a few other times when there is no poll.
Mike
When someone votes in a poll, it should bump the topic to the top.

Otherwise, only new posts will bump a topic to the top. smile.gif

Mike
entspeak
This also occurs when yours is the last post in a thread and you use the reply button to respond to an earlier post (say, after the window in which edits can be done has closed). Rather than have two posts back to back by the same user, the system appends your reply to your last - like an edit - and the thread is bumped as though a new post was added.
Google
This is a simplified version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.