Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Here's a new one
America's Debate > Forum Information > Comments and Suggestions
Google
Julian
I was trying to reply to Hobbes in the "What, exactly, is production?" thread, and got the error message:

You have posted more than the allowed number of quoted blocks of text

Which I've never seen before.

What IS the maximum allowed number of quoted blocks of text?

I appreciate there needs to be a maximum, I just don't know what it is.
Google
Amlord
QUOTE(Julian @ Aug 2 2011, 01:31 PM) *
I was trying to reply to Hobbes in the "What, exactly, is production?" thread, and got the error message:

That information is on a "Need to Know" basis. I'm sorry, but I checked your security clearance and you aren't on the "need to know" list. ermm.gif

Actually, I believe that only Mike knows this information.
Hobbes
QUOTE(Julian @ Aug 2 2011, 12:31 PM) *

That's funny, Julian...since I had quite a few quote blocks in the post I'm sure you were attempting to reply to. I'm guessing then its however many quote blocks I had, then...and yours was one more! Was it more than 10. How many did I have?

I think it probably has a lower number if you're liberal. Vast right wing conspiracy and all, ya know. w00t.gif It's also funny that it occurred in a thread asking what production is, anyway. Apparently, then, it is NOT having lots of different quotes. smile.gif Ha! I kill me! laugh.gif

FWIW...I've had that happen to me before, and its very frustrating...as it only occurs in posts you've spent a very long time constructing, which is why there are so many quote blocks!
Curmudgeon
QUOTE(Julian @ Aug 2 2011, 01:31 PM) *

It isn't that hard to go to the top of the page and click on "Rules." We all need to review them periodically. As per Rules, Paragraph B, V:
V. Posting full or partial texts of copyrighted materials, regardless of ownership. Our excerpting limit is no more than two consecutive paragraphs, and no more than six paragraphs per article. Please note that posting copyrighted images is prohibited.

QUOTE(Hobbes @ Aug 2 2011, 02:31 PM) *
FWIW...I've had that happen to me before, and its very frustrating...as it only occurs in posts you've spent a very long time constructing, which is why there are so many quote blocks!

I have long ago learned that it is simple to open a word processor of some sort, periodically click anywhere in your post, do a CTRL-A, CTRL-C, and then click on the open word processor document and do a CTRL-V. When the power blinks off, or the Homeland Security geeks discover that you're on line, you have a backup. When I do need to work from the backup, I frequently have to spend a lot of time restoring formatting, editing spacing, etc. to make the post "look good" to me. I pick up a spell check en passant, and I don't lose fifteen minutes efforts.
Jaime
Mike and I had forgotten what the limit was, so I asked him to check. The limit is 30 per post, which I believe can be changed, but Mike would have to say for sure.
entspeak
QUOTE(Jaime @ Aug 2 2011, 04:44 PM) *
Mike and I had forgotten what the limit was, so I asked him to check. The limit is 30 per post, which I believe can be changed, but Mike would have to say for sure.

I remember getting this error a few years ago and the number, as I recall, was increased.
AuthorMusician
QUOTE(entspeak @ Aug 3 2011, 01:20 AM) *
QUOTE(Jaime @ Aug 2 2011, 04:44 PM) *

I remember getting this error a few years ago and the number, as I recall, was increased.

Uh-oh, are we looking at quote block inflation? I've been trying to be a good sport by keeping the quote blocks down. Some participants seem to like a bunch of them, so I guess it's a matter of style and taste. Mike may have a different take from the capacity viewpoint.
Google
This is a simplified version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.