This is in Casual Conversation, meaning that it's only partly serious if at all.
A recent study shows that states with medical marijuana laws have lower traffic fatalities.
Several reasons were given for why this occurs.
Question for casual discussion:Why do the traffic fatalities go down in states that have legalized medical marijuana?
From my experience with Mary Jane in the 1970s and part of the 1980s, it was because:
1) Why go anywhere when you've almost discovered the deeper meaning of Gilligan's Island?
2) Playing guitar is way more interesting than driving.
3) This couch is just so comfy.
4) Forgot what I had to go get.
5) Wanna ball?
6) Chicken train, running all day; chicken train, running all day; I can't get on; I can't get off; someone take this train away (or thereabouts on the lyrics).
7) In Watermelon Sugar
, just one more chapter and I'll go get what I forgot that I had to get.
8) Once in the car, after figuring out where to put the key, it's a freaking jungle out there! How fast am I going? Twenty? Okay, it'll get there.
9) Once in the store, spend way too much time fascinated with chip bags.
10) Take in an old movie showing at The Grand instead of going home, dollar matinee.