Full Version: Elizabeth Warren
America's Debate > In the News > Election 2012
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Google
BoF
QUOTE(Ted @ Sep 20 2012, 04:16 PM) *
QUOTE(BoF @ Sep 20 2012, 02:57 PM) *
QUOTE(akaCG @ Sep 20 2012, 05:45 AM) *

In a frantic attempt to will the elections of 2012 as you want them, you have given us outlier poll. in the Real Clear Politics Averages.

If your depression deepens because of the election results, please see a doctor before doing anything rash.

I cannot imagine this far left lying hack can win here but this is a liberal state....

I still believe she will lose by 4% or more

What do you base that on - gossip you hear at the barber shop?
Google
Ted
QUOTE(BoF @ Sep 20 2012, 05:38 PM) *
QUOTE(Ted @ Sep 20 2012, 04:16 PM) *
QUOTE(BoF @ Sep 20 2012, 02:57 PM) *
QUOTE(akaCG @ Sep 20 2012, 05:45 AM) *

In a frantic attempt to will the elections of 2012 as you want them, you have given us outlier poll. in the Real Clear Politics Averages.

If your depression deepens because of the election results, please see a doctor before doing anything rash.

I cannot imagine this far left lying hack can win here but this is a liberal state....

I still believe she will lose by 4% or more

What do you base that on - gossip you hear at the barber shop?

all of the above thumbsup.gif
akaCG
Just FYI:

Those of you who are not in the CBS Boston coverage area, but would like to watch the Brown/Warren debate tonight at 7 PM Eastern, can do so on the CSPAN 3 cable channel or on the CSPAN 3 website:

http://www.c-span.org/Live-Video/C-SPAN3/

akaCG
Uh oh. Prof. Warren seems to have been practicing law in Massachussets without even so much as 1/32nd of a law license in the state.

http://legalinsurrection.com/2012/09/eliza...icense-problem/

Hmmm ... developing ...

nighttimer
Is this Scott Brown's "macaca" moment?

Staffers for Sen. Scott Brown chanted Indian "war whoops" and made "tomahawk chops" during a rally for the Republican senator this week in Boston.

In a video posted on YouTube, Brown's staffers are seen holding campaign signs near the Erie Pub, chanting and making tomahawk chops, presumably in reference to Elizabeth Warren's claims of Cherokee heritage.

Brown's Deputy Chief of Staff Greg Casey and Constituent Service Counsel Jack Richard, State Director Jerry McDermott, special assistant Jennifer Franks and GOP operative Brad Garnett are pictured in the video, NewsCenter 5's Janet Wu confirmed.

"It is certainly something that I don't condone," said Brown when asked about the video. "The real offense is that (Warren) said she was white and then checked the box saying she is Native American, and then she changed her profile in the law directory once she made her tenure."

Read more: http://www.wcvb.com/news/politics/Sen-Scot...l#ixzz27WSAmAt1

"Don't condone," but doesn't directly criticize or reprimand his staffers for engaging in racially insensitive behavior. Let's ask a Native American which is more offensive? It might be a push.

Keepin' it classy, Scotty. rolleyes.gif
akaCG
QUOTE(nighttimer @ Sep 25 2012, 06:21 PM) *

No:
Which is worse: Elizabeth Warren pretending to be Native American for professional gain, or Scott Brown’s staffers mocking her for it?
New rule: Pretending to be Native American is bad, unless Elizabeth Warren does it. Ain’t that right, Ted?
No more jokes, you wingnuts. No “Faucahontas,” no “Chief $#!++ing Bull,” etc. If Elizabeth Warren wants to lie about her heritage to gain an edge over the competition, that’s her business. Don’t Tonto her. I mean taunt. Don’t taunt her.

Link: http://dailycaller.com/2012/09/25/stop-hur...lings-you-guys/

laugh.gif

AuthorMusician
QUOTE(nighttimer @ Sep 25 2012, 06:21 PM) *

Staffers for Sen. Scott Brown chanted Indian "war whoops" and made "tomahawk chops" during a rally for the Republican senator this week in Boston.

In a video posted on YouTube, Brown's staffers are seen holding campaign signs near the Erie Pub, chanting and making tomahawk chops, presumably in reference to Elizabeth Warren's claims of Cherokee heritage.

Brown's Deputy Chief of Staff Greg Casey and Constituent Service Counsel Jack Richard, State Director Jerry McDermott, special assistant Jennifer Franks and GOP operative Brad Garnett are pictured in the video, NewsCenter 5's Janet Wu confirmed.

"It is certainly something that I don't condone," said Brown when asked about the video. "The real offense is that (Warren) said she was white and then checked the box saying she is Native American, and then she changed her profile in the law directory once she made her tenure."

Read more: http://www.wcvb.com/news/politics/Sen-Scot...l#ixzz27WSAmAt1

"Don't condone," but doesn't directly criticize or reprimand his staffers for engaging in racially insensitive behavior. Let's ask a Native American which is more offensive? It might be a push.

Keepin' it classy, Scotty. rolleyes.gif

Pretty damning stuff. It's also very bad that Brown went for the essence of this thread during the debate, as if anyone cares any longer.

The stupid behavior of his team does reflect on him personally and up close. He should have actually done something about this rather than simply talking about it. I certainly would not have used those words.

The words I would have used are in the lexicon of comedians like George Carlin. Really makes my Ojibwa blood boil, all three or four drops of it. Family mythology differs on what actually happened way back during the Voyager days of beaver felt top hats. I do assume it involved a lot of boinking with the natives.
akaCG
Today, it was reported that in 2001 Elizabeth Warren represented a Massachusetts client in a Massachusetts Federal Courtroom in a case that involved Massachusetts law without a license to practice law in Massachusetts. ...
Blogger Mark Thompson at the League of Ordinary Gentlemen, who had been Ms. Warren's most ardent defender until this new revelation, has changed his mind about Professor William Jacobson's argument that Ms. Warren has engaged in the unlicensed practice of law in Massachusetts:
Professor Jacobson:

I couldn’t figure out how to leave this as a comment at your site, but I wanted to let you know ASAP that I concede that your discovery this morning answers all of my arguments and is a gamechanger. Your diligence in investigating this matter is commendable.

Link: http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/20...Shocks-Defender

Sen. Brown and Prof. Warren will be debating each other this coming Monday. It will be interesting to see who brings these latest revelations up first: Sen. Brown or the moderator, NBC's David Gregory.

nighttimer
Is Elizabeth Warren too fraudulent to be elected?

Massachusetts says,"Nope." mrsparkle.gif

Lock thread.
Ted
QUOTE(nighttimer @ Nov 6 2012, 10:16 PM) *

Lock thread.

Yup

Big money bought her the seat........

http://www.commonwealthmagazine.org/News-a...V-spending.aspx
Google
nighttimer
QUOTE(Ted @ Nov 7 2012, 01:35 PM) *
QUOTE(nighttimer @ Nov 6 2012, 10:16 PM) *

Lock thread.

Yup

Big money bought her the seat........

http://www.commonwealthmagazine.org/News-a...V-spending.aspx

Big money didn't buy Elizabeth Warren the seat. Massachusetts voters PUT her in the seat.

It's not like Scott Brown didn't have plenty of big money trying to keep him in the seat.
For the Wall Street bankers, hedge fund managers, and private equity executives from New York, Connecticut, and elsewhere who are pouring money into Brown's campaign, it's also about something much closer to their hearts: stopping Elizabeth Warren. The Harvard Law professor, former head of the Congressional Oversight Panel for the Troubled Asset Relief Program (TARP) and driving force behind the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau in Washington, has become the populist champion of government restraint of Wall Street. When asked why he thought Wall Street had become so active on behalf of Brown, Massachusetts Representative Barney Frank says: "Two words: Elizabeth Warren."

Stop swallowing those sour grapes, Ted. Warren won. Brown lost. Deal with it. giveup.gif
Dingo
1. Do you think these revelations (both regarding her heritage and the integrity of her scholarship) will cause her to lose the election? Why or why not?

My main thought was Brown needed to get his eyes checked. Ms Warren does not look like a pure white woman. The Indian contribution to her face appears quite obvious. Apparently enough voters agreed with me. flowers.gif

2. Do you think these revelations (both regarding her heritage and the integrity of her scholarship) should cause her to lose the election? Why or why not?

Medical health costs contribute to bankruptcies in many cases. Compared with the level of lying that is common place with republicans I can live with the fact that she may have inflated the frequency.

nighttimer
QUOTE(Dingo @ Nov 7 2012, 02:29 PM) *
1. Do you think these revelations (both regarding her heritage and the integrity of her scholarship) will cause her to lose the election? Why or why not?

My main thought was Brown needed to get his eyes checked. Ms Warren does not look like a pure white woman. The Indian contribution to her face appears quite obvious. Apparently enough voters agreed with me.

What is a "pure" White woman? ermm.gif
AuthorMusician
QUOTE(nighttimer @ Nov 7 2012, 04:39 PM) *

My main thought was Brown needed to get his eyes checked. Ms Warren does not look like a pure white woman. The Indian contribution to her face appears quite obvious. Apparently enough voters agreed with me.

I think that would be waspish. Think Ann Romney. The grandkid has enough Ponca Tribe blood to claim heritage and benefits, but she is very fair complected. There's Navajo in there and one other I don't remember. Some flavor of Sioux?

Anyway, her heritage and her academic career didn't do anything but maybe make her more popular among voting women.
amf
QUOTE(nighttimer @ Nov 7 2012, 03:39 PM) *

I'm thinking "a virgin", although for the life of me, I can't figure out how -- like having Indian heritage -- you can tell by her looks. laugh.gif
Paladin Elspeth
QUOTE(amf @ Nov 7 2012, 03:56 PM) *
QUOTE(nighttimer @ Nov 7 2012, 03:39 PM) *

I'm thinking "a virgin", although for the life of me, I can't figure out how -- like having Indian heritage -- you can tell by her looks. laugh.gif

I think her cheekbones look sort of Native American. I also think that it's almost a reverse-racism to call someone a liar because they don't look black enough, Indian enough, etc.

It shouldn't have been an issue, and it's not as if Scott Brown had to use it as an argument to keep his position in the US Senate.
Dingo
QUOTE(nighttimer @ Nov 7 2012, 12:39 PM) *

As distinguished from being part noncaucasian, Indian in this case, but go ahead and explore the offensive possibilities. sleeping.gif
nighttimer
QUOTE(Dingo @ Nov 7 2012, 07:17 PM) *

As distinguished from being part noncaucasian, Indian in this case, but go ahead and explore the offensive possibilities. sleeping.gif

My, but aren't we touchy?

I have never heard of human beings described as if they were comparable to bodies of water. From your loaded descriptor it isn't preposterous to assume if Elizabeth Warren isn't a "pure" White woman because of her mixed racial heritage, that must then mean she is unpure? unsure.gif
Paladin Elspeth
QUOTE(nighttimer @ Nov 8 2012, 11:43 PM) *

I have never heard of human beings described as if they were comparable to bodies of water. From your loaded descriptor it isn't preposterous to assume if Elizabeth Warren isn't a "pure" White woman because of her mixed racial heritage, that must then mean she is unpure? unsure.gif

I think a "pure" anyone is someone whose genes are racially unadulterated in this context. Maybe somewhere in this world are people who are racially "unadulterated," but the members of the American Nazi Party might be dismayed if they let their DNA be tested for their ancestral "roots." Hitler himself had fairly close relatives who were Jewish, or so I recall hearing, after whom the fictional character Lord Voldemort (aka Tom Riddle) was patterned, who, while he wanted to purge the magic world of Muggle blood, was himself a "mud blood."

Racial heritage, mixed or not, should not even be a consideration. Elizabeth Warren said that her mother had told her of her Cherokee heritage, and that she was looked down upon by her prospective husband's family for having Indian blood. That shouldn't have happened, but it did, and it was a relatively long time ago.

Why should Scott Brown have cared about whether she claimed to be 1/32 Cherokee or not? Didn't he have eminently more important issues to discuss? For him to allege that Warren used this to get ahead in school or at a job is ironic, considering that he probably got pretty far in some areas because of his good looks and his magazine centerfold, like a Kim Kardashian male counterpart. His good looks didn't qualify him for Senate, either. But a big deal was not made in Democratic commercials about him capitalizing on his good looks for advantages, that he was actually "just another pretty face."

Neither racial heritage nor looks should make much if any difference when a person campaigns for leadership in government. What the candidates have by way of gray matter between their ears should assume a much higher priority, that and a genuine desire to serve the people.

So the election is over, and Brown's attempt to discredit Professor Warren because of her claim to Cherokee heritage fell flat on its face, as it should.
Curmudgeon
Questions:

The questions at this point are moot: She won.

2. Do you think these revelations (both regarding her heritage and the integrity of her scholarship) should cause her to lose the election? Why or why not?

Re: Her heritage:

Ergo: The question of her heritage should be moot.

I have read the Constitution several times in my life.

No Person shall be a Senator who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty Years, and been nine Years a Citizen of the United States and who shall not, when elected, be an Inhabitant of that State for which he shall be chosen. ( link )

The wording is a bit ambiguous, but it seems to come from a period of time when no one saw a need for an MBA or an LLD from a prestigous university as a prerequisite to elected office.

Ergo, The question of her scholarship is moot.

I would suggest that rather than continue with pointless racism, we close this thread!
Dingo
QUOTE(nighttimer @ Nov 8 2012, 08:43 PM) *

One of us is weird and I don't think it's me. ph34r.gif
nighttimer
QUOTE(Curmudgeon @ Nov 9 2012, 01:11 AM) *
I would suggest that rather than continue with pointless racism, we close this thread!

Oh, I agree because the question as originally posed has been totally and thoroughly answered by the voters, so this is a settled issue. dry.gif

But if the Mods and Admins see a reason for this thread to stay open, that's their call.

QUOTE(Dingo @ Nov 9 2012, 01:19 AM) *

If you were weird how would you know it? blink.gif
Dingo
QUOTE(nighttimer @ Nov 8 2012, 10:53 PM) *
QUOTE(Dingo @ Nov 9 2012, 01:19 AM) *

If you were weird how would you know it? blink.gif

I wouldn't but I would be confident that at least one was. cool.gif
This is a simplified version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.