Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nominate: Best Introduction
America's Debate > Forum Information > Year in Review 11-12
Google
Jaime
For this category, the following information is required for a nomination to be valid:

*The name of the Member who posted the Best Introduction.
*A link to the Best Introduction.
*The introduction must have been posted on or after July 1, 2011.

NOTE: The nominated member must not be banned, restricted or validating.

Reference: Introductions
Google
nighttimer
Personally, I have stopped responding when new members introduce themselves because as my nominee has demonstrated, many of them are here today, gone today.

However, when someone both introduces themselves and then goes on for three pages worth of invective and insults like this: I now see this AD forum as being a forum of snobs, and that is not necessarily an insult because snobbery is a very common thing and very American and it seems to really fit this forum here. , I have to hand the Best Introduction for 2011-12 to J.P. Cusick

Mr. Cusick was unsuccessful in his bid to replace the incumbent Democrat, Sen. Ben Cardin. With his prickly personality and know-it-all attitude, it's hardly a mystery why. dry.gif
Jaime
Interesting choice, nighttimer zipped.gif

Torn between two intros by access forbidden, I'll go with the one the prompted the most conversation > intro access forbidden.
net2007
QUOTE(nighttimer @ Aug 4 2012, 06:52 AM) *
Personally, I have stopped responding when new members introduce themselves because as my nominee has demonstrated, many of them are here today, gone today.

However, when someone both introduces themselves and then goes on for three pages worth of invective and insults like this: I now see this AD forum as being a forum of snobs, and that is not necessarily an insult because snobbery is a very common thing and very American and it seems to really fit this forum here. , I have to hand the Best Introduction for 2011-12 to J.P. Cusick

Mr. Cusick was unsuccessful in his bid to replace the incumbent Democrat, Sen. Ben Cardin. With his prickly personality and know-it-all attitude, it's hardly a mystery why. dry.gif

I read that forum just now but I don't know if id feel good voting for that or not. I understand your sarcasm, it was funny but goodness gracious that guy needed to brush up on some communication skills. I read his home page, feel kinda bad almost.
Curmudgeon
I would like to nominate " Me" by Bambu...
QUOTE(bambu @ May 8 2012, 06:06 AM) *

My initial thought was, "It's America's Debate, not Australia's Debate." Then I realized that I have spent a lot of time debating with Alan Wood.

Bambu has at least introduced himself and joined in to the debates; as opposed to posting once, and not being courteous enough to at least let us know what is so intimidating about us.
Google
This is a simplified version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2021 Invision Power Services, Inc.