Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My Avatar
America's Debate > Archive > Everything Else Archive > [A] Casual Conversation
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Google
Jaime
QUOTE(Cyan @ Feb 2 2004, 11:21 AM)
Jaime, what are your current avatars from?  unsure.gif

Thanks for asking, I always love talking avatars. They are from old political cartoons/cover art. Many are from Puck, and the Saturday Evening Post, a few from Judge and some other miscellaneous ones thrown in.

When I get home I can put together a cutsie little layout of all my avatars like Mike did before. biggrin.gif
Google
Paul Doran
My Curent Avatar is the great, and hugely underappreciated, English Philosopher - William Godwin. You can read more about him in my sig if you so please. I would recommend it.

Paul
Jaime
Here are all my avatars.

Yes, those scissors are Nixon. - and this was published before The Wall (movie).

Yes, the cowboy is Teddy Roosevelt. laugh.gif

And a hearty congratulations will go to whomever can guess who that sinister Uncle Sam looking fellow represented when it was originally published
(FYI - I cut him out of his original background & placed him on the maroon one). hmmm.gif detective.gif
GoAmerica
QUOTE(Paul Doran @ Feb 2 2004, 10:50 AM)
My Curent Avatar is the great, and hugely underappreciated, English Philosopher - William Godwin. You can read more about him in my sig if you so please. I would recommend it.

Paul

My avatar, if you haven't already guessed, is the Starfleet symbol in Star Trek.

I'm a trekkie...sue me
Paul Doran
Before anyone says it, my Avatar has changed mellow.gif

It is now, as you'll probably know, Ice T.
CruisingRam
Mine is my race car- I have been drag racing my 1967 Valiant with a 440 since about 1994. IT is one bad car- and for the record, Both fast and furious movies have nothing to do with ACTUAL cars that are fast....
rebelkate
Cyan - awesome avatar - I love Dark Crystal smile.gif
Jimbo
my is very nice
Monty
Mine comes from the movie The Order(2003). It is Heath Ledger playing a member of the Catholic church. He investigates the murder of the head of his order to find a sin eater. I use it in another forum and it works. I guess. I just like the use of shadow. It shows a realm of seriousness.

Monty
GreenRiver
I chose this one because it shows the height of the american triumph and pride.
we had just fought and won the biggest war the world has ever seen and i believe this is one of those pictures where it tells 1000 words, or feelings in this case.
Google
Cyan
Thanks rebelkate. biggrin.gif I think the Dark Crystal was brilliant.
Billy Jean
I think I'll just moonwalk my way around AD for awhile... mrsparkle.gif
Piper Plexed
My Avatar seems to change like the wind. Well anyway Todays avatar LOL Is a Paul Klee painting, I have always liked his work. Some how he foretold Janet Jacksons Breast Flash and pre-immortalized it on Canvas! Actually credit where Credit is due Dreampiper Noticed the right breast thing and called me up and accused me of being naughty! I can only claim subconscious naughtiness, I liked the painting and didn't make the connection. I am becoming concerned with my apparent obsession with breasts though? Should I visit the what is your sexual orientation thread and reveal something about myself? I tend to think my husband wouldn't mind w00t.gif
jenreiautter
My current avatar is of a sunrise ceremony circle led by Western Shoshone spiritual leader Corbin Harney. This photo was taken in 2002 during a Yucca Mountain protest gathering.

I love Corbin's sunrise ceremonies and really loved this photo.
illuminati
Mine is a screnshot from "American History X", one of my 12 favorite films of all times. It's basically about two brothers, one of them former-skinhead-turned-normal who just got out of prison for murder and the other is his younger brother who idolizes the elder and becomes more and more skinhead himself. Older brother tries to prevent his younger sibling from going down the same road he himself already went through, but too late. Very good movie. Graphic, violent, very explicit at times, but very impressive, especially for US resident (since it touches many important issues). Recommend to see for anyone over 17.
Paladin Elspeth
My avatar is currently Eowyn, niece of King Theoden of Rohan from the Lord of the Rings epic. She's beautiful, gutsy, and formidable with a sword. She ends up hiding her identity and riding to war with the troops where she ultimately slays the Witch King's "steed" (a prehistoric-looking, winged serpent) and the Witch King (the chief Ring Wraith of Sauron) who boasted that no mortal man could slay him. No problem!

A very nice avatar for a "paladin." mrsparkle.gif
lederuvdapac
my avatar is from the awesome show Family Guy! From the first episode in fact. The show was canned but is actually coming back into production (first time in the history of tv).
redliner1989
My Avatar?

The lights dim, the crowd goes silent.

A single spotlight hits the stage as a man walks out with a microphone.

"Ladies and Gentleman, RCA recording star and winner of the ACM country music video of the year for Born to Fly, the lovely and talented..........

MISS SARA EVANS................

wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif
crashfourit
Mine avatar is:
A imple yelow background because it is my favorit color
C++ because i like programing in C/C++
A red cross because I'm a Christian.

Simple.......
DaffyGrl
Mine is fairly pedestrian and descriptive of my nickname - Daffy Duck, the lovable loser who is always trying his best....and usually failing, but always in an entertaining way. biggrin.gif

Maybe I should ad some Daffy quotes....

"NO, NO, NO, not the RED one!"
"Oooooo, something tells me this little black duck has worn out his welcome."

or the old standby:

"You're despicable!"
Hero
Bad Religion is my favorite band, and best represents my political beliefs.
jenreiautter
I changed my avatar today to a family photo taken last weekend to give a more personal feel to my posts.

In the photo are myself, my husband and two daughters hiking in the Utah mountains.
Government Mule
I like to come to AD and voice thoughts that come to me while in the can.
lederuvdapac
my avatar is of the great military genius General George S. Patton. I saw the movie and i couldnt get enough of it. I admire the man greatly and think he is a great example of an American war hero.
Grendel72
My avatar is the band Guitar Wolf as seen in the film Wild Zero.
BellaDanniella
Ok...question here.

You guys are describing your avatars...but when I look at the pictures on the left (where your anems and information comes up) the pictures you are describing are NOT the pictures that are there.

So, where do you hide your avatars?

Thanks
Jaime
QUOTE(BellaDanniella @ Jun 4 2004, 03:33 PM)
Ok...question here.

You guys are describing your avatars...but when I look at the pictures on the left (where your anems and information comes up) the pictures you are describing are NOT the pictures that are there.

So, where do you hide your avatars?

Thanks

Many of us often change our avatars. Some of the posts in here are a bit outdated. I know I change mine about once a month or so. smile.gif

Edited to add - plus, some of us staffers have 'rotating avatars' which means our avatar changes everytime you refresh the forum.
Rev_DelFuego
When we change our avatars our post remains, therefore what you are currently reading about our avatars might describe a previous avatar that we had. Or sometimes when I haven't logged in yet, I don't see graphics like avatars and smileys.
Mike
Actually, new members cannot see avatars.

We have an automated process here that moves you into a different member group after you have met a minimum participation level.

You have not met that level. wink.gif

Mike
Doclotus
My avatar is Gossamer, as I am a huge Looney Tunes fan. That is all smile.gif
Jaime
QUOTE(Mike @ Jun 4 2004, 05:56 PM)
Actually, new members cannot see avatars.

We have an automated process here that moves you into a different member group after you have met a minimum participation level.

You have not met that level. wink.gif

Mike

Note to self...leave technical questions to Mike... whistling.gif

My current avs are excerpts of larger works of the amazing illustrator, Mark Ryden.
Cube Jockey
QUOTE(Jaime @ Jun 4 2004, 03:14 PM)
My current avs are excerpts of larger works of the amazing illustrator, Mark Ryden.

Love his work Jaime, the subject matter is very inertesting to say the least. I'll have to try and interpret it when I'm away from work in a more relaxed state of mind cool.gif
redliner1989
Jaime's avatars are incredible, I certainly agree.

I changed my avatar for one day, from Sara Evans to Scooby doo, but after 24 hours I started to get the shakes blink.gif and now SHE'S BACK!!!!!!

Have a Great Weekend.

Red
Dontreadonme
Bravo Redliner! I'd rather look at Sara as your avatar anyday, heck I'd rather look at Sara than most people I have to look at everyday.

Mine is quite obviously a C-130 jettisoning it's cargo of LGOP's (little groups of paratroopers).
Probably soon I'll dust off my original avatar of the 'Don't Tread on Me' flag.
nighttimer
My current avatar is of the one woman my wife understands I would fool around with if the impossible came to pass.

Helen Folsade Adu or just plain Sade for the culturally deprived is the queen of my fantasy dreams.

Strange, but true. Sade and I share the same birthday (but not the same birth year) and I will never forget the last time I saw her perform live. September 10, 2001.

Something happened the next day to dim my enjoyment of that concert. ermm.gif
Titus
Lol, Nighttimer, we may not agree on most things, but I know that we can agree on the fact that Sade is one of the most sexiest female vocalists ever! Love her to death...anyhow...

My avatar is a picture of Anthony Hopkins in his (underrated and under-acclaimed) role as Titus in the film adaptation of Shakespeare's first work, Titus Andronicus. It's a gruesome, violent tale of choice, consequence, and revenge. In it, Titus is a highly decorated Roman general, who, as custom dicated, slew the firstborn son of the Queen of the Goths. Fate then puts her at the right hand of the new emperor Saturnine. Finding herself in a position of great power and influence, she (her Moor lover and her two other sons) proceed to make Titus' life utter hell.

His daughter is raped and mutilated, his two sons are framed for murder, and Titus chops off his hand as a ransom thinking he'll get them back, only to get their heads and his hand sent back to him. His eldest son is exiled for a failed rescue attempt of his brothers. At one point in the story, after recieving one horrible piece of news after the other, he begins to lauugh. His brother, a Roman Senator asks him why he does so. Titus' reply: "...for I have no more tears to shed."

At the end, it appears as if the queen has won, and Titus has gone insane... until you see how he gets his revenge...

Let's just say, having your vicious sons murdered and fed to you at dinner, while having no idea that they are the main course, would be rather unsettling...

It's no Romeo and Juliet but I encourage you to read it.

I picked it because... even when all the world comes down on us... one who finds time to laugh through it, will overcome it.
TennesseeLeftWinger
Hmm... mine changes fairly often (when I'm around whistling.gif ). My last update is... well... outdated. My current avatar is Captain Tenneal off of MOST EXTREME ELIMINATION CHALLENGE. If you've never seen it, it's a dubbed-over Japanese game show that comes on SpikeTV. It's really quite clever, despite all the tasteless humor. But if there were no tasteless humor, teenage boys would have to look for normal things to watch. (This coming from someone who thinks C-SPAN is "good entertainment")
Well, if there's ever any ambiguity, see my signature. And so, in the oh-so-wise and courageous words of the captain himself... "Get it on!" ...They just send shivers down my spine. crying.gif w00t.gif w00t.gif
kmsouthern
Mine is my favorite (tied with Mr. Stevie Wonder) musician/singer - D'Angelo. Like nighttimer, if the situation somehow arose, I would probably be unable to resist temptation to be a bad girl with Mr. Archer - but he'd have to sing to me as that is much of the appeal (though not all of it, of course - just look at him!)

Droooooool
This is a simplified version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2020 Invision Power Services, Inc.