Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My Avatar
America's Debate > Archive > Everything Else Archive > [A] Casual Conversation
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Google
DaytonRocker
I picked my Avatar because it reflected perfectly how I like to hide where I'm from. I try to keep my location (41 miles north/northeast of Cincinnati, longitude -84.2167; latitude 39.9]) secret so none of cyber-world fanclub try to stalk me*.

*Any resemblence to an actual situation, either living or dead, is purely delusional.
Google
kimpossible
Mine is by Green Lady (strangely enough, its two guys, former graffiti artists), its a print that I coveted and is sold out. Le sigh.
GoAmerica
I found this avater and knew it is funny because it represents almost everyone's attitude towards computers at any point of time
Horyok
I guess my avatar speaks for itself. I love the theme and color of the European flag and the symbol it carries.

I'm a firm believer in Europe and I like to consider myself as a Euro-democrat (if that makes any sense at all to you).
unabomber
I rotate mine. as of this posting it is a red star with the sickle and hammer in it.

I usually describe what my avatar is.

I had a flag, similar to the US flag, except in place of the stars, I had a black field with a white circle, and writing inside. the writing is a big A with the number 19 in the bottom of the A. I call it the A19 flag (A meaning April- 19 meaning 19th) whihc is the day the colonist and the british first fought at lexington and concord. it is known as Patriots day by some. (this is for those that saw it, but didn't know what it was)
Curmudgeon
We moved in about 5 years ago, and Paladin Elspeth noted that a lot of people and businesses in this community had decorative lighthouses in their yards. We had a plastic swan covering a well head in the front yard.

She said, I want a light house. That seemed a simple enough request. I still thought that I was a competent electrician. I had to learn how to run wire, bend and bury a conduit, connect the circuit, etc. We purchased a prefab lighthouse and I wired it up. We both painted it. I built a concrete base to elevate it about a foot off the ground.

Today, we got it out of the garage, onto the base, and plugged it in to the outlet inside the base. My daughter flipped the switch, and it worked!

We ordered a pizza, and told them the driver has a new landmark to help find our house.

I'm sure it will change again in the future, but the lighthouse needed a full explanation! flowers.gif
Engineer Kimov
My avatar is my own photo of myself
Wertz
As several others here have opted for Hallowe'en-themed avatars, I decided to make my own set of well-known monsters (inspired by Paladin Elspeth's creepy image). biggrin.gif
GoAmerica
QUOTE(Engineer Kimov @ Sep 29 2003, 03:10 PM)
My avatar is my own photo of myself

You look like that engineer of the Russian Sub in The Hunt for Red October tongue.gif

This is a close-up of my avatar:

user posted image
nileriver
"Stephen Pinker is a professor of psychology in the Department of Brain and Cognitive Sciences at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, the author of several bestsellers including How the Mind Works and The Language Instinct and is one of the most noted scientists and writers in an emergent and controversial field of studies - evolutionary psychology. "

he is my hero laugh.gif

anyways here is the related link for anyone who cares...

Stephen Pinker
Google
Cyan
Wertz, your halloween avatars rock. I particularly like the one of Condy as the bride of Frankenstein. cool.gif
unabomber
as of this posting, my avatar is/was friedriech engels. the communist manifesto is based off his "princibles of communism" and were it not for him, marx would not have had the time to work on his writings, research and theories. (engels financally supported the marx family (practiced what he preached) while marx is often reveered engels is usually ignored.
GoAmerica
QUOTE(nileriver @ Oct 17 2003, 10:47 PM)
"Stephen Pinker is a professor of psychology in the Department of Brain and Cognitive Sciences at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, the author of several bestsellers including  How the Mind Works  and  The Language Instinct  and is one of the most noted scientists and writers in an emergent and controversial field of studies - evolutionary psychology. "

he is my hero laugh.gif

anyways here is the related link for anyone who cares...

Stephen Pinker

He looks like CarrotTop ohmy.gif
Ultimatejoe
I thought it was Fran Lebowitz.
SoCaliente_1
i thought it was bob dylan ermm.gif

my avatar, a beta, is in honor of my japanese fighting fish. Amazing specimen of fish that he is. Having survived an apparent suicide attempt by propelling himself out of his tank and four feet down onto a tiled floor, he deserves recognition.

yes, there was too much water in tank.

that's my story and I'm stickin' with it. Hail the Beta! smile.gif
AmericanLeader
Mine rocks, huh? rolleyes.gif
GoAmerica
QUOTE(SoCaliente_1 @ Oct 18 2003, 12:03 PM)
my avatar, a beta, is in honor of my japanese fighting fish. Amazing specimen of fish that he is. Having survived an apparent suicide attempt by propelling himself out of his tank and four feet down onto a tiled floor, he deserves recognition.

I like Betas. They are colored wonderfully and are just cool to watch.

AmericanLeader: Welcome to America's Debate smile.gif And yes, your avatar is cool tongue.gif
quarkhead
I was recently re-reading Tesla's autobiography. What a brilliant man. I think in some ways we are still catching up with him.
AuthorMusician
Just MS clipart of a guy and his guitar. Like AMlord, consistency appeals so the same old thing over and over and over again.

Guess I'm in a rut!

Ack. Time for a new one.

Edited: There! Much better now. My favorite guitar is a National Delphi. Think it's time to do some of that, too. Gad I hate ruts!
Rancid Uncle
My new avatar is a Bob-o-lantern I made in Photoshop. It looks better full sized.
GoAmerica
The avatar is of a coronal mass ejection

user posted image
PrismPaul
I am using a particularly cute picture of my twins, who turn 1 on Saturday!

I know, you can't see how cute they are, but trust me, they are CUTE!
Ultimatejoe
Speaking as a twin, I can assure everyone that they are cute. At least males...
Billy Jean
It's Halloween time again!

AND...

I have a bumper sticker that says:

"Things just haven't been the same since that house fell on my sister!"
A little Wizard of Oz humor there. whistling.gif

And being from Kansas originally, my sister can't stand that! w00t.gif
PrismPaul
QUOTE(Ultimatejoe @ Oct 23 2003, 04:10 PM)
Speaking as a twin, I can assure everyone that they are cute. At least males...

Oh my god, there's TWO of you!?!?!?

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif flowers.gif
Robin_Scotland
Rofl @ PrismPaul laugh.gif

by the way I changed my avatar to Charles Kennedy for some reason
nikachu
by the way I changed my avatar to Charles Kennedy for some reason

Charles Kennedy is the King (well, I like his party - although I can never remember what their policies are).

I chose my avatar whilst working in London. I was in a patriotic mood - being around too many English people does that to me. (Its the 'Lion Rampant' - the flag that signifies the Scottish King or Queen. However, as this position no longer exists - having been replaced by the British King or Queen, the flag now no longer has any meaning at all other than to signify a mild degree of Scottish nationalism and nostalgia for the days when we were a seperate country - a lot of Scottish bars pin it up!).

I should change it I guess
Looms
My avatar is Rurouni Kenshin, the wandering samurai. Japanese anime rules!!!
DreamPipEr
My avatar is me when I was 4 years old. A friend of the family was a DEA agent and while babysitting me one Saturday he took me to work with him. He did the photo and arrest card (complete with fingerprints). The reason for arrest was making googly eyes at Jason. Jason was his son. I remember that day fairly clearly. I was pretty upset about the whole thing (notice the pout). smile.gif
Paul Doran
Can someone tell me, is it obvious that my avatar is of General Clark?
Robin_Scotland
I thought it was Richard Dreyfuss, but then what do I know tongue.gif
DreamPipEr
i didn't know, but now that you say it I guess it is. I actually thought it might be Howard Dean laugh.gif

edited to add: I guess your signature should be a REAL BIG clue!
Paul Doran
QUOTE(dreampiper @ Dec 16 2003, 02:22 AM)
i didn't know, but now that you say it I guess it is.  I actually thought it might be Howard Dean laugh.gif

edited to add:  I guess your signature should be a REAL BIG clue!

lol, yeah it should be !!

Its hard to get the recognisable face i that little box tbh
smile.gif
Curmudgeon
My Current (January 2004) Avatar is Andy Rooney, who is a very classic Curmudgeon.
amf
My current avatar is a web-cam shot of Jupiter Peak at the Park City Mountain Resort. Where my head's at when I'm daydreaming.
Izdaari
My kitty was one of the standard avatars this site offered. Nobody else was using it and I liked it: it has a kind of curious expression that fits my attitude.
Billy Jean
You ask me no questions and I tell you no lies... whistling.gif
slim
Logo for a beer that's name won't pass the profanity filters biggrin.gif

I just like the way it looks
Looms
My current avatar is the logo for Psychopathic Records.
BecomingHuman
My current avatar is of Edwin, a red wizard of Thay.

Those who have ventured to the Forgotten Realms know these mages as the cruel tyrants of Thay: a wonderful land where everything is punishable by slavery.
UGA Boy
It all started when one day I saw this pic on this friend of mine's cpu. It was the craziest thing in the world! So I stole it from him, and used it as my background. Now everybody asks ME where I got it from!

It didn't pass the censors originally so I sent it to paint and painted a black recangle and pasted a Georgia "G" on top of it.

Here at UGA, sports is everything! laugh.gif
Mike
I've got 21 avatars in rotation, all made from pictures I've taken in the last month. smile.gif Actually, Jaime took the picture of Jerry, our cat, in the upper left.

user posted image

Mike smile.gif
Piper Plexed
OMG Mike you are so talented! WOW!
OK now on topic;

Lets see my avatar, It's a new one biggrin.gif Sometimes when I click that Add Reply button an old but very familiar emotion passes over me. Reminiscent of childhood; NOTICE ME! I have something to say! LOL Ahhhhh. My child within is content and well depicted.
doomed_planet
Since I got a new state-of-the art scanner, I've been changing my
avatar frequently. Today I put my grandpa, doing a chin-up at
age 85, as my avatar. The background is the farm where he lived,
and raised cattle, for some 40+ years. He passed away 2 years
ago, and this particular photo reminds me of his great strength.
PatriotSpoon19
I chose my avatar because I'm Buddhist and the Dalai Lama generally appears happy all the time. And I dig that.
UGA Boy
Since I got a new state-of-the art scanner, I've been changing my
avatar frequently. Today I put my grandpa, doing a chin-up at
age 85, as my avatar. The background is the farm where he lived,
and raised cattle, for some 40+ years. He passed away 2 years
ago, and this particular photo reminds me of his great strength.

That is so amazing. 85! I hope I can do a chin up when I'm 45! Talk to you later, I'm going to the gym...
rebelkate
wow, some fun avatars. Originally I played with the idea of changing my avatar rather regularly or using my own photos - but I really love this painting... "Flaming June", but I can't remember the painter at the moment. I always see this painting and it makes me feel very calm. smile.gif
doomed_planet
QUOTE(UGA Boy @ Jan 29 2004, 10:06 PM)

That is so amazing. 85! I hope I can do a chin up when I'm 45! Talk to you later, I'm going to the gym...

I have confidence that you, too, will be doing chin-ups
well into your 80's. About your avatar, was that little
boy flipping someone the bird? I'm assuming that would
be why it didn't pass the censors). Great picture!
What a spunky lil guy. biggrin.gif
DreamPipEr
I recently changed my avatar, it is my favorite angst painting, The Scream by Evard Munch. It appropriately depicts my feelings after reading some of the posts! tongue.gif For my next installation I will try for a tranquil feeling!
Cyan
Jaime, what are your current avatars from? unsure.gif
This is a simplified version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2020 Invision Power Services, Inc.