Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Question?
America's Debate > Archive > Political Debate Archive > [A] Republican Debate
Google
scully
Which party do you think will win control of the Senate and by how many seats?

I think the Republicans will regain control of the Senate by 2 seats. biggrin.gif
Google
Jaime
I have a question for you, scully. Did you want only republicans to debate this (we're in the republican forum)? If you were looking to get everyone's opinions, Mike started a similar thread: 2002 Elections

Just thought I'd point that out. Since I'm not a republican, I'll reserve my opinion for elsewhere. happy.gif
Mike
I think this one's just too close to call for me.

The Torricelli issue will certainly have an impact.

While I'd love to see the Republicans take the Senate back, I don't know how much it will matter.

Bush isn't a reformer. He's dropped the ball on social security reform, and he's allowed the Democrats to dictate the issues of the day.

Maybe with a Republican Senate would give him a bit more room to push the agenda.

But I still think it's too close for me to call.

Mike
scully
QUOTE(Mike @ Oct 6 2002, 02:59 PM)
I think this one's just too close to call for me.

The Torricelli issue will certainly have an impact.

While I'd love to see the Republicans take the Senate back, I don't know how much it will matter.

Bush isn't a reformer. He's dropped the ball on social security reform, and he's allowed the Democrats to dictate the issues of the day.

Maybe with a Republican Senate would give him a bit more room to push the agenda.

But I still think it's too close for me to call.

Mike

Actually Jaime, I just picked one of the political forums to post my question. I would never post a question under someone else's thread. Then I would risk "hijacking" another member's thread. That would be poor message board etiquette, in my opinion.

However, you bring up an interesting point. I will pose the same question under the democratic and independent forums to keep things "fair and balanced".
scully
Oops...I quoted the wrong response. I think everyone knows what I meant to do anyway. biggrin.gif
emartin
Us by three seats in the Senate.
BrianDBuchanan
Im going to have to agree with Erick, us by 3. I just filled out my absentee ballot, I went to a pro-life site and voted all pro-life. The site is http://www.wevoteprolife.com/
Click on your state and see what candidates will support anti-abortion laws.
Nettie
Too close to call. Probably the Dem's will hold if things follow history.
emartin
The reason I said us by three is b/c I htink that the people of this great country are finally going to be fed up with the Dems horribel abus of the law and people's intelligence.
MOUSE
QUOTE(BrianDBuchanan @ Oct 24 2002, 01:27 PM)
Im going to have to agree with Erick, us by 3. I just filled out my absentee ballot, I went to a pro-life site and voted all pro-life. The site is http://www.wevoteprolife.com/
Click on your state and see what candidates will support anti-abortion laws.

hey! I hope it wasn't an absentee for NJ or Minn. happy.gif
Google
mnikmm
Democrates by 1. That is if they don't replace anyone else who is losing.
MOUSE
Guess we have the answer now! Great night for Republicans! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
This is a simplified version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.