Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A New Beginning?
America's Debate > Everything Else > Casual Conversation
Google
Trouble
I want to thank the creators for fixing the forums. It is a New Year and there is much to talk about. The problem is there is too much occurring too quickly and to understand things at any level calls for more than one set of eyes and ears. We need more than one perspective. The Chinese proverb is now in effect. The period of interesting times has come. There is smoke in the air and it is time to circle the wagons. Let's make sense of reality because frankly, it is getting a little strange. The old tools of rhetoric and dialectic have grown dusty. It is time to blow off the dust and get to work. Come, let's make this a year to remember. There is more than enough material to make this a hall of learning again. I'm excited, what about you? Thank you.
Google
Gray Seal
It will be glorious to have some lively, constructive discussions here again on ad.gif!
Trouble
It is good to see you Gray Seal. The Golden Tufted Cockatoo has given us much to ponder!
Blackstone
QUOTE(Gray Seal @ Jan 8 2020, 11:51 AM) *
It will be glorious to have some lively, constructive discussions here again on ad.gif!

I certainly hope so. I noticed that even before the interruption, posting was starting to get pretty sparse (not that I'd been contributing much either, being a bit preoccupied elsewhere). I didn't know if everyone was running off to Twitter or something.

And Trouble's absolutely correct about the new times we're in. The old playbook is definitely being thrown out. And it's only going to get even more interesting with all the new ways that the Internet (and other IT plus AI) will evolve in the coming years. Buckle up good.
Hobbes
QUOTE(Gray Seal @ Jan 8 2020, 10:51 AM) *

Agree!
JohnfrmCleveland
QUOTE(Trouble @ Jan 4 2020, 03:28 AM) *
I want to thank the creators for fixing the forums. It is a New Year and there is much to talk about. The problem is there is too much occurring too quickly and to understand things at any level calls for more than one set of eyes and ears. We need more than one perspective. The Chinese proverb is now in effect. The period of interesting times has come. There is smoke in the air and it is time to circle the wagons. Let's make sense of reality because frankly, it is getting a little strange. The old tools of rhetoric and dialectic have grown dusty. It is time to blow off the dust and get to work. Come, let's make this a year to remember. There is more than enough material to make this a hall of learning again. I'm excited, what about you? Thank you.

Just came back to see if this was a ghost town or not. Looks like somebody is still manning the general store.
Google
This is a simplified version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2020 Invision Power Services, Inc.