Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: If we are for Bush, who can be against him?
America's Debate > Archive > Political Debate Archive > [A] Republican Debate
Google
johnlocke
Okay,
I wanted a good poll from Republicans. I thought that if I'm going to ask a question, I might as well ask the people with their heads screwed on best! You know, the social elite.

Here's the thing.....if you voted for one of the first two options I would still ask that you type in the thread who you believe will win their Primary.

I voted "Bush can't Lose" yet I think that Dean will take the Primary. Now if the Dems are smart and really just want to get Bush out, their best shot is sending Leiberman against him, I think his appeal is across the board, I think he could even win himself a lot of Republican moderates as well as Dems from across the spectrum from Liberal to Moderate.
Google
Yannis
I think watching Hillary will give a good indication to the 2004 outcome. She would not run if she thinks that Bush would win. I believe her pride and arrogance could not deal with a loss. If she thinks Bush will lose, you might see a move by her to jump into the race.

The reason being, if Bush loses in 2004, then Hillary would have to wait until 2012 to run since it would be hard for her to run against an incumbent Democrat in 2008. But if she sees Bush winning in 2004, she'll hold off until 2008. There will be no incumbent to run against, therefore giving her a better likelihood at winning.

I hope to God that she never runs. The last thing we need is another Clinton in office.

us.gif
Jimbo
I believe that we better look out for Dean, reasons go on, and on.If you watch the democratic debates that have went on, you see Dean and many other canidates moch, or make fun of Bush. Some of this is not right, but they have to do what they have to do to make it to the Seat.
GrandInquisitor
hmmm.gif I don't really know what it means to be Republican. I just joined here to learn more. I registered to vote as a Republican because I am conservative in every sense of the word. Can anyone tell me what the major differences between Democrats and Republicans are? Thanks.
Jaime
QUOTE(GrandInquisitor @ Sep 16 2003, 02:36 PM)
hmmm.gif I don't really know what it means to be Republican.  I just joined here to learn more.  I registered to vote as a Republican because I am conservative in every sense of the word.  Can anyone tell me what the major differences between Democrats and Republicans are?  Thanks.

Welcome GrandInquisitor. You're off-topic. Start your own thread with a clear question to debate. Thanks.

TOPIC TO DEBATE IN THIS THREAD:
Which Dem ought we fear the most?
The Answer
Hillary is the one we should fear the most, not only because she has the best name recognition and fund raising abilities ~thus giving her the single best chance of defeating Bush....we should also fear her the most since if she were elected she would IMO do the most damage to the country of all the Democrats listed.
GoAmerica
QUOTE(The Answer @ Oct 31 2003, 12:11 PM)
Hillary is the one we should fear the most, not only because she has the best name recognition and fund raising abilities ~thus giving her the single best chance of defeating Bush....we should also fear her the most since if she were elected she would IMO do the most damage to the country of all the Democrats listed.

I don't think so because she has too many scandals looming over her. Whitewater is the biggy. Also, the Rich pardon bribe contributed to her campaign for Senate fund, which i think is still a haunting factor.
The Answer
She already polls better than any of the Dems currently running and the Clintons have a knack for brushing off any controversy with claims of a "vast right wing conspiracy"...amazingly the Dems forgive them every time.
Amlord
Hillary, although the most hated by us conservatives, is also probably the most dangerous.

She has name recognition, something that the "Nine Dwarfs" all wish they had. She has a huge fund raising ability behind her (Bill).

She is polarizing, to say the least. She will bring out Bush-bashers in droves. She will also bring out Clinton-haters in droves.

It doesn't seem like Hillary is ready to make the plunge yet, though.
GoAmerica
Hillary is the biggest politician anyone loves to hate. Her big mouth has runneth over and even the New Yorkers who voted for her in 2000 hate her now. If push ever came to shove, i'm sure Laura would claw her eyes out while Condi beats the pulp out of her.

The only name recognition she has is Whitewater and that will haunt her if she runs.

That and after 9/11, Firemen and policemen booed her off the stage of Paul McCartney's Madison Square Garden benefit for the fallen heroes of 9-11. I think it was casued by her "Amadou Diallou shooting" comments when she called the NYPD murderers and Guliani a fake (that's how she won that election i think).
Google
The Answer
That might be true GoAmerica, but how many of us thought she ever had a chance of winning a Senate seat in NY?

I still think Bush could win, but if Hillary declared tomorrow that she was running I'd be willing to bet 5 of the 9 Dems running now quit within a week.
Rys
(Obviously) Hillary. No doubt a lot of feminists would be lining up to get the first woman in the presidential seat.

I find it interesting that Al Gore is on the ballot. What has he been doing these last few years ?
AmericanLeader
Ooops, I accidentally pressed the null vote sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif

Well, I'm for the first one that "Bush will not lose". Hilary is not even a candidate and I don't even think she will make a good president if she is elected as the president of 2004. And, Dean...maybe Bush should watch him out to win this election.

God Bless America!!! us.gif
GoAmerica
If there is any Democrat that is running and still is after the New Hampshire primaries, it will be Dean. That is if Bush doesn't start getting up and working on jobs.

But i doubt even feminists would root for Hillary.
The Answer
An article for those who think Hillary wont run and wouldnt do well if she did

Hillary 2004

By staying out of the race this long she has avoided all the debates with the 9 dwarfs and has thus avoided the attacks which would have come her way from them.
GoAmerica
QUOTE(The Answer @ Nov 3 2003, 07:24 AM)
Hillary 2004

By staying out of the race this long she has avoided all the debates with the 9 dwarfs and has thus avoided the attacks which would have come her way from them.

I'm sure they have them all bottled up inside waiting for her to run. You aren't a good Presidential candidate unless you are prepared for the worst to be shoved in front of you
Desert Resident
Howard Dean is going to win the Democratic nomination for President because the rest will run out of money first and steam second. The Democrats really don't want Dean because of his Party bashing and radical viewpoints, but that is who they are going to get stuck with. Dean will give Bush a run for his money and Bush better start rehearsing for the Presidential debates NOW! w00t.gif

Former First Lady Clinton will not run for President in 2004 because she wouldn't think of entering a race which she will surely lose. (Don't believe we are quite ready for a female President-there is a large enough block of voters that would die before voting for a female nominee for President. Elizabeth Dole found that out in short order in Election 2000. Election 2008 is another story because if they change the law that a President can serve more than two terms, Bill will be in the race with Hillary as V. P. (even if they have to file for divorce to make it legal), or Hillary will run and if elected as President, hand the job over to her Mr. First Man! tongue.gif

The "flip-flop" General will not only run out of money, but he will get caught in more lies that even the Democrats won't be able to ignore. This guy is very intelligent, has a good background, very knowledgeable (loved him as a CNN consultant)....but has, so far, two very serious character flaws that could prove to be dangerous as President.

The rest of the gang include two that are in it for the publicity only and the rest are well respected statesmen that have served their country well...but won't be the 2004 voters choices for President. sleeping.gif
Jimbo
Former First Lady Clinton will not run for President in 2004 because she wouldn't think of entering a race which she will surely lose.

Yep, you wait till the next term and build up her so called "popularity".

I stated that Dean would most likely win the democratic nomination, but it may bea close one between both Dean and Clark.

I know without any doubt that the Republicans have this race, won.
Desert Resident
Well fellow Republicans, what do you think? Dean or Kerry? The Iowa race is now almost a toss-up and getting a bit exciting.

Tell you what...Clark hasn't seen "nothin" yet until the attention turns toward New Hampshire. That's when he is really going to get beat up by his fellow candidates and I think the Republicans will begin to be more vocal about his obvious flip-flops and flat out misrepresentation.

The Democrats are already out there bashing Bush and telling what issues he should address and have an explanation for the Iraq mission in his State of the Union address. I just hope the Democrats continue to be their "bump on the log" selves instead of "booing" him while Bush is delivering his speech. They have been so uncivil that I wouldn't be surprised if they boo him on the Iraq, employment, and his accomplishments achieved during his first term.

I will be willing to bet that Bush's contender for Election 2004 will be either Dean or Clark and that Bush will be re-elected, but it will be another close race-hopefully not a re-run of 2000 in Florida!
wanderer
I think it will be Dean, his popularity is on par with Kerry, but Dean has the added benefit of some very prominent Democrats (Carter, Gore, Braun, etc) throwing their weight behind him.

Clark may be a big contender for Dean if former President Clinton does come right out and endorse him (galvanizing a number of the Clinton democrats behind one nominee) instead of just pulling strings in the background as he has been doing.

But in the end, if things continue as they are, I see Dean as being nominee in the end.

In November, if things continue in a vein similar as they are now Bush will win. I hope for a McGovern, Dukakis kinda victory just to spite the Dean liberals, but realistically I see this as being a rather close race.

In my opinion, this election race is going to be quite interesting and entertaining.
Amlord

CLOSED--OLD NEWS
This is a simplified version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.