Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Michael Jackson
America's Debate > Archive > Assorted Issues Archive > [A] Big Trials and Legal Cases
Google
iwclcoffman
i havent heard what he is on trial for, can anyone update me? wacko.gif
Google
Jaime
He's not on trial. He's suing Sony for breach of contract.
Wertz
I thought he was being sued by his former manager or promoter or something over the cancellation of concerts. Am I a lawsuit or two behind?
Momof3
I went to the Chicago Tribune website tonight and found that Michael is being sued 21 million over caneled millennium concerts. He is being sued by a German concert promoter Marcel Avram for breach of contract. However he didn't make an appearance because of a spider bite and the judge is making him go for medical tests. Maybe he shouldn't stop at the spider bite, he needs his head examined as far as I am concerned!
wink.gif wink.gif wink.gif wink.gif
Wertz
Mom: You did research? That's cheating! biggrin.gif
GoAmerica
QUOTE(Wertz @ Dec 6 2002, 05:31 PM)
I thought he was being sued by his former manager or promoter or something over the cancellation of concerts. Am I a lawsuit or two behind?

I thought it was also because he claimed the Sony manager is racist

With Michael Jackson, you never know rolleyes.gif
JonBon
QUOTE(goamerica @ Jan 13 2003, 01:12 AM)
QUOTE(Wertz @ Dec 6 2002, 05:31 PM)

I thought it was also because he claimed the Sony manager is racist

With Michael Jackson, you never know rolleyes.gif

What? Racist against whites...?
Abs like Jesus
While I'm not sure about the suits by concert managers or promoters, I believe he is also being sued by Sotheby's for failing to pay up items he bid on at auction, or something of that nature. I could look it up for a link, but I find other topics more deserving of such research. I'm sure ET or FOX will give us plenty more coverage in the weeks to come.

And, as Jaime pointed out, he's also attempting to sue Sony. While it may be listed as a suit for "breach of contract," my understanding is that he's accusing Sony of failing to properly promote the album because they were racist. I hope I'm never so pathetic and desperate as to place failures and shortcomings so clearly my own onto the backs of others. sour.gif
fisherman51
I can only hope that our government is doing everything possible at keeping an eye on the weird one. The man adores kids, If you or I would say something like that in public we would be behind bars super fast. The man was once A gifted musician, but somewhere along the line everything got lost. Now he is at the most a laughingstock, and although most of us can laugh or shake our heads at his antics, something is seriously wrong here
Google
This is a simplified version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.