Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bush "Mulling" Over Clean Water Act
America's Debate > Archive > Assorted Issues Archive > [A] Science and Technology > [A] Environmental Debate
Google
Stefan Fargus
Well, we gave up clean air in favor of corporate pollution... Now it is beginning to look like clean water is going to go, as well. Read the full story at Seattle-pi and see what you think.

Do you think Bush will stop before we're all choking to death on smog, and gagging on brown drinking water? Does he have any concept whatsoever of the impact his decisions will make?
Google
Darcaine
QUOTE(Stefan Fargus @ Jan 11 2003, 08:20 AM)
Well, we gave up clean air in favor of corporate pollution...  Now it is beginning to look like clean water is going to go, as well.  Read the full story at Seattle-pi and see what you think.

Do you think Bush will stop before we're all choking to death on smog, and gagging on brown drinking water?  Does he have any concept whatsoever of the impact his decisions will make?

Do you have any idea what you are talking about when it comes to drinking water? Do you know WHY Bill Clinton signed that into an excecutive at the last minute when he was doing the Marc Rich pardon? Interesting subject if you care to hear the truth.

Back to lurking,
Darcaine
Stefan Fargus
Darcaine,
You seem to have a penchant for telling people that they're wrong, and not backing yourself up with any sources of information. If you'd like to debate this topic, kindly debate it.
Do you know WHY Bill Clinton signed that into an excecutive at the last minute when he was doing the Marc Rich pardon?

Unfortunately, since this is a question that calls directly for your opinion as an answer, I can't debate this. If you have a point to make on this topic, make it, otherwise...

Stay Lurking,
Rancid Uncle
Maybe someone should tell Bush not everything should be sacrificed so his corporate friends can poison millions of people and buy a few more yachts. It's silly that a guy who pollutes the water and kills a few people gets a law passed that would stop him "mulled over" by the president and a guy who kills his friend in a gang war gets a free ride to dath row.
Darcaine
QUOTE(Stefan Fargus @ Jan 12 2003, 08:08 AM)
Darcaine,
You seem to have a penchant for telling people that they're wrong, and not backing yourself up with any sources of information.  If you'd like to debate this topic, kindly debate it.
Do you know WHY Bill Clinton signed that into an excecutive at the last minute when he was doing the Marc Rich pardon?

Unfortunately, since this is a question that calls directly for your opinion as an answer, I can't debate this. If you have a point to make on this topic, make it, otherwise...

Stay Lurking,

http://www.uswaternews.com/archives/arcpol...y/tclipla4.html

http://www.mtmultipleuse.org/clean_water_a...action_plan.htm

http://www.efw.bpa.gov/EW/DOCS/OTHER/EPA/cwap.pdf

http://www.house.gov/boehlert/clean-water.htm

And for some lighter reading,

http://www.freerepublic.com/forum/a36c2be4e46d8.htm

http://www.usdoj.gov/opa/pardonchartlst.htm

Back to lurking,
Darcaine
Stefan Fargus
Firstly, if you wish to discuss whomever Clinton pardoned as he was leaving office, may we do so in another thread? This thread is about water pollution.

The Bush administration said yesterday it will consider removing Clean Water Act protections against pollution and development from up to one-fifth of the nation's streams, ponds, lakes, mudflats and wetlands.- Seattle Post-Intelligencer

I have a clear objection to the current administration's removal of anything that protects our nations' waters from corporate, or any other sort of pollution. What you've given me is a list of writings about the Clean Water Act, mostly opinions. What is it about each of these that supports your argument? Above and beyond that... What is your argument?

One more thing... The Free Republic is more famous for namecalling and personal attacks on Democrats, than for any sort of hard news. It is basically downing any sort of control over pollution in the water, because it may be harming somebody's 'right use his/her land they way they choose'. Well, the fact of the matter is, there are 3rd party implications. Pollution of the water on your property, may have a detrimental impact on MY property, thus stripping me of my rights.

Again, I will ask... If you have an argument to make on this topic, please make it.
Darcaine
QUOTE(Stefan Fargus @ Jan 12 2003, 12:54 PM)
Firstly, if you wish to discuss whomever Clinton pardoned as he was leaving office, may we do so in another thread?  This thread is about water pollution.

The Bush administration said yesterday it will consider removing Clean Water Act protections against pollution and development from up to one-fifth of the nation's streams, ponds, lakes, mudflats and wetlands.- Seattle Post-Intelligencer

I have a clear objection to the current administration's removal of anything that protects our nations' waters from corporate, or any other sort of pollution. What you've given me is a list of writings about the Clean Water Act, mostly opinions. What is it about each of these that supports your argument? Above and beyond that... What is your argument?

One more thing... The Free Republic is more famous for namecalling and personal attacks on Democrats, than for any sort of hard news. It is basically downing any sort of control over pollution in the water, because it may be harming somebody's 'right use his/her land they way they choose'. Well, the fact of the matter is, there are 3rd party implications. Pollution of the water on your property, may have a detrimental impact on MY property, thus stripping me of my rights.

Again, I will ask... If you have an argument to make on this topic, please make it.

It's simple, the executive order Clinton signed by-passed the clean water act ordering basically half the water sources in the US to shut down or go bankrupt trying to comply immediately. Why do you think he did this at the last minute? He didn't want to have to expain it...he just wanted people like you to try and make a political issue out of it. Feel like a DNC lemming now?

Back to lurking,
Darcaine
Google
This is a simplified version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.