Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mexico Promoting Illegal Immigration
America's Debate > Archive > Assorted Issues Archive > [A] International Debate
Google
Rev_DelFuego
From the NYTimes

The Mexican government drew fire from American advocates of tighter borders on Wednesday for publishing a pamphlet that instructs migrants how to safely enter the United States illegally and live there without being detected....Officials here say the small booklet, illustrated in comic-book style, is not intended to encourage illegal immigration, but to reduce the loss of life.

Question for Debate:
Did the Mexican Government overstep it boundaries by publishing a pamphlet on how to illegally immigrate to the US, or is just protecting it citizens?
Google
aevans176
QUOTE(Rev_DelFuego @ Jan 7 2005, 06:56 AM)
From the NYTimes

The Mexican government drew fire from American advocates of tighter borders on Wednesday for publishing a pamphlet that instructs migrants how to safely enter the United States illegally and live there without being detected....Officials here say the small booklet, illustrated in comic-book style, is not intended to encourage illegal immigration, but to reduce the loss of life.

Question for Debate:
Did the Mexican Government overstep it boundaries by publishing a pamphlet on how to illegally immigrate to the US, or is just protecting it citizens?

I have to say that immigration is a hot button for most people here in the Lone Star state. However, I have a hard time faulting anyone for attempting to make a better life for themselves. I would love it if they would do it via legal channels, but most immigrants are too destitute to take the time and energy needed to process the appropriate paperwork. I don't know that I wouldn't try to sneak over if I were in their shoes...

If I were GW, I would make a public plea to Vincente Fox to slow or stop this process. If our border patrol knows that this publication exists, you'd presume that the suggestions the pamphlet makes would be null and void by now. However, in general, if this pamphlet keeps people from drowning, being electrecuted or shot, etc... It's probably not all that bad of an idea.
ConservPat
Yes! No government has the right to write a Breaking Our Neighbors' Laws For Dummies book. The Mexican Government should be helping us round up these criminals and ship them back to where they came from. The government is helping people break laws, the government is helping people break laws...The government is helping people break laws...Oy.

CP us.gif
Twilight Sky0
I agree with Aevens about people building a better life for themselves, but the government shouldn't be supporting illegal activities. If they want to help people emmigrate, they should advise them on legal ways to get into the country.
Google
This is a simplified version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2021 Invision Power Services, Inc.