Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Welcome to the Introductions Forum
America's Debate > Everything Else > Casual Conversation > Introductions
Google
Jaime
Welcome to AD's new subforum, Introductions. Instead of posting to one continuous thread as we did here, we thought it would be nice to give everyone their own space.

Please feel free to introduce yourself. We would like to get to know all of you better. flowers.gif
Google
wolf
Hey
I'm wolf i don't usually get time to post or I forget about it whistling.gif
I have posted a few times and i plan on doing more in the future biggrin.gif
I will hopefully get to debate with some of you later!
Well Bye For Now
ExaustedFighter1
Thanks for letting me join your community. Cant wait to begin the rational discussions.
metropolitical
Thanks and hi. Just looking for a traditional forum for political/science discussion. While looking around for forums, I got the impression alot of activity in the traditional types of forums has been spread out chaotically among blog sites or centered piecemeal as comments around articles posted in newspaper or tv media websites, or worse, usurped by slicker venues like YouTube where people vie for intelligent discussion with hormone-clouded teens. I know Netnewsgroups centered around popular topics have given way to the newer formats, but, was it just me, - was I just not looking hard enough? Anyway, thanks for the add.
Contumacious
Thank you kindly for letting me be part of the community. I am looking forward to some rewarding intellectual exchanges. biggrin.gif
Swimmerwolf247
QUOTE(metropolitical @ Jun 24 2007, 02:41 PM) *
where people vie for intelligent discussion with hormone-clouded teens.

Um, hey, some teens aren't "horomone-clouded", thank you. I take offense to that. I'm in all Acc. classes, and can hold my own in a debate with the "grown-ups". So don't say stuff like "hormone-clouded teens", say "the specific young people who don't use the Internet very wisely."
Belisarius
Hi im Mike, im thoroughly excited to finally find an internet forum where patriots may discuss Americas ailments, and the solutions required. Although i have not jumped into a debate yet, I would like to say its good there is a site like this, so that we don't have to waste efforts with the mongrel race that posts on partisan newsites, be it republican or democrat.
gwilliams
QUOTE(Jaime @ Apr 16 2005, 12:51 PM) *
Welcome to AD's new subforum, Introductions. Instead of posting to one continuous thread as we did here, we thought it would be nice to give everyone their own space.

Please feel free to introduce yourself. We would like to get to know all of you better. flowers.gif

Hello my name is Gamal. mrsparkle.gif
Albert
Thank you for the acceptance in the community. I am really looking forward to the debating. The truth is that I love to hear other peoples opinioins on topics at hand, and then try to figure out why they think the way they do. In the end it will help me understand people a whole lot better and their thought processes. Looking forward to picking apart your arguments.
TinFoilLiberal
Hey Reggie in Charlotte here. I'm new to the forums. I've been listening to the show since episode 100. Saw America's Debate Radio in Itunes and I thought they had me at Debate. A few things about me: I'm a democrat, a bit liberal, open minded enough not to be one of the sheep, and I can't wait to jump in and debate you guys.
Google
JOEYFORCLINTON08
[/center] Talking Politics is something I do best.
I support Hillary Clinton for President!
I am also running for City Council in my hometown of Attleboro, MA next year!
I am currently 17 years old.
If you are not active in your city's govt or dont vote, than you should have no right to complain about whats not being done, thats why I am running to chance my community. [center]
DCjumper
Though I'm not really "new" per se (having joined in `04) I have come back to these boards and am quite happy to be a part of them. I'm DCjumper. I can be found on these and other boards under this handle. I also post on Ain't Cool News under the handle Sithtastic. It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance.
Triad47
Hello my name is Paul and over the past several months I've become interested in U.S. foreign policy and how it affects the world, economy, and other factors.

I love debate and it's a driving force for knowledge that I would otherwise be too lazy to find out on my own. smile.gif

For only through debate does truth reveals itself to us. Only through questioning does one really learn. Sometimes the right answers aren't as important to have as the right questions that can lead you to them.

Let us be free.
Let us be open.
Let us debate.

picomanning

Hi
I'm Picomanning

I enjoy conversations with possible discovery. Debates are wonderful if submitted with conscious introspective honesty.
It's pointless to express one's feelings in a debate without knowing why one's conclusions (the logical bias of anyone's feelings) exist. Disagreement exists on faulty reasoning somewhere. At least I would argue that. Therefore, perfect reasoning is possible, at least in theory. Debate, as a measure of human integrity, should be the pursuit of perfect thinking. What benefit otherwise?
So I come here, full of respect for the Love of Wisdom which the Greeks fashioned for themselves, which so necessarily evolved through such great minds then, that you can no doubt name at least one; those ancient people who through debate and love for learning, gave us even a substantial portion of the basis of our own culture.
Am I home or is this not a serious forum?
Victoria Silverwolf
Welcome!

You can also start your own thread for your introduction.
pollytic
Um, hey, some teens aren't "horomone-clouded", thank you. I take offense to that. I'm in all Acc. classes, and can hold my own in a debate with the "grown-ups". So don't say stuff like "hormone-clouded teens", say "the specific young people who don't use the Internet very wisely."
[/quote]
Ah, I remember well being one of the hormone clouded teens, 30+ years ago. :sigh: And have had my share of dealing with argumentitive teens or adults, didn't care which. Just that they were a pain in the well, we can't use that kinda language here. whistling.gif mrsparkle.gif

QUOTE(JOEYFORCLINTON08 @ Mar 23 2008, 10:41 PM) *
[/center] Talking Politics is something I do best.
I support Hillary Clinton for President!
I am also running for City Council in my hometown of Attleboro, MA next year!
I am currently 17 years old.
If you are not active in your city's govt or dont vote, than you should have no right to complain about whats not being done, thats why I am running to chance my community. [center]

Good luck! It's nicve to see young people engaged in politics especiall when we see so many just close their eyes and ears to what is happeneing because they think THEY can't make a difference. As the old song goes (and saying as well....) United we stand, divided we fall!
expatpatriot
As my "handle" implies I am an American expatriate living in the Philippines. My wife and kids are Filipino, I brought them to the USA back in 1994, and I'm proud to say they became good, upstanding and successful American citizens.

I retired in 2006, my wife and I emigrated to the Philippines, where we can live quite comfortably on my pension and Social Security--something we unfortunately could NOT do if we stayed in in the USA.

I am a Democrat, and a moderate liberal. I am a two service veteran (U.S. Army 1970-72, U.S. Navy 1980-84). I was a Russian linguist and intelligence analyst, and after my service spent 22 years working in the Defense industry on classified programs.

I believe the USA is at a critical point in its history, and have reached a critcal crossroads,the choice this country makes in the next election will decide the course and eventually the fate of the USA and eventually the world. It's that critical.
I just hope reason, not rhetoric, prevails .

Looking forward to many stimulating discussions with people of All beliefs and opinions.
seangentry
Hey, my name is Sean and I am from Alabama. I am 21 years old and I am what you call a Democratic Republican. Some of my beliefs are Liberal and some are Conservative. It's that simple. Also, I am very easy to get along with and I want to always make sure that all of my debates never get out of hand. Also, I love to play basketball and I am a pretty good player. Also, I am a Christian and I attend church every week. That very much concludes introducing myself.
Holly
Hi, my name is Holly.

Oops! I already posted once before introducing myself. I've been reading threads here for about a year and like the way the forum is organized. Also, I'm pleased that so many of you put some real thought behind your posts! smile.gif
Paladin Elspeth
QUOTE(Holly @ Feb 10 2010, 12:30 PM) *
Hi, my name is Holly.

Oops! I already posted once before introducing myself. I've been reading threads here for about a year and like the way the forum is organized. Also, I'm pleased that so many of you put some real thought behind your posts! smile.gif

Welcome, Holly. flowers.gif Please feel free to have your own thread to introduce yourself. We do like to know our fellow posters to the extent that they want to reveal interests, family, hobbies, occupation, etc. I'm looking forward to reading your posts.
Ted
QUOTE(Holly @ Feb 10 2010, 12:30 PM) *
Hi, my name is Holly.

Welcome Holly.

We look forward to hearing more from you..... wink2.gif
Maybe Maybe Not
Holly should be banned for posting before introducing herself. That's just rude.

NOT. JK ya Holly. Welcome!
rbwinn
QUOTE(Jaime @ Apr 16 2005, 06:51 PM) *

I am Robert B. Winn, and I am an independent voter. I agree with George Washington. I think that independent voters are registered to vote the correct way and that political party members are registered as members of self-created societies that work to destroy the freedom of the American people. There are still more party members than independent voters, but there are now more independent voters than Democrats, which has been the largest block of voters since the election of 1800. I am also registered as an independent candidate for governor of Arizona in the upcoming election, but so far do not have any supporters. Perhaps by election time someone will decide to vote for me. Last election for governor I only got one vote. It was my own. I do not like to engage in self-promotion, but I was better qualified to be governor than Janet Napolitano. She said the same thing about Arizona that she said about the underwear bomber. "The system worked."
polarbear57
QUOTE(rbwinn @ Feb 24 2010, 03:13 AM) *
QUOTE(Jaime @ Apr 16 2005, 06:51 PM) *

I am Robert B. Winn, and I am an independent voter. I agree with George Washington. I think that independent voters are registered to vote the correct way and that political party members are registered as members of self-created societies that work to destroy the freedom of the American people. There are still more party members than independent voters, but there are now more independent voters than Democrats, which has been the largest block of voters since the election of 1800. I am also registered as an independent candidate for governor of Arizona in the upcoming election, but so far do not have any supporters. Perhaps by election time someone will decide to vote for me. Last election for governor I only got one vote. It was my own. I do not like to engage in self-promotion, but I was better qualified to be governor than Janet Napolitano. She said the same thing about Arizona that she said about the underwear bomber. "The system worked."

Salut,Hello,Ciao to all of you.
Love my friends and respect the others.

I am a male, Canadian.Retired from marketing , classical education . Speak French,Italian and English ,third
language.But I can swear in 5 languages.My favourite city is Florence. When Hitler was asked if he was obliged to destroy one of these 2 cities,
Florence or Berlin....His answer : Berlin.
Churchill and Roosevelt would had destoyed both.
My motto ,learned from my old school greek :"Freedom is deserved only for those people who are willing to
give their life for it"
I like hockey and golf.
Am of Italian and German blood.
Remember ; German was the biggest ethnical group in USA up to WW2.
There is talk that German was to be chosen as the official language of USA after the Independence.
I love USA. My second country. We grow up thinking USA was the Superpower of our civilization.
We realize now,USA ,has been hijacked by zionism and it is not longer what it was.
Very sad:met in Europe young American students wearing T-shirts with the Canadian flag.
What a shame!! But those students had a reason.

Visited the American war cemitery in Normandy ,in France.
German names,Anglo, Italian ,Polish,Latino....and in a hidden corner ,a few Star of David ...
When the [EDIT] Bush came over for the 60th anniversary ,had his picture taken in front
of the Star of David ......

Caligula,the Roman Emperor, daspised his senators and named senator his own horse.
American Senators,despised American people and the world, crowned emperor a [EDIT], Bush.

Leave you with our chilhood song :
"Somewhere over the rainbow...."

Adora
Hello all.

I chanced upon this site while surfing in the net, read a little and was interested immediately as I noticed that in the discussions/ threads there was an exchange of ideas better than that I usually find. I am interested in hearing, learning, responding and developing informed opinions about political issues.
I am here to listen, think, present opinions and see reactions.

I don't identify with any political party. If I had I say which I am closest to, I would say libertarian - the belief that societies in general and ours in particular are work better when government involvement is minimal.

I tend to downplay emotional responses and to make up my mind by considering conflicting opinions and by researching empirical evidence about issues.

I'm a woman, over-educated in the traditional sense.. Ph.D etc. am a retired psycologist and banker, teacher and statistician, who has traveled this country and lived abroad. I'm 59, a nostop reader curious about most things

I do have one motto: "Political correctness is the end of free speech and free thought"

I look forward to idea exchange

Paladin Elspeth
QUOTE(Adora @ Jan 15 2011, 10:16 AM) *
Hello all.

I chanced upon this site while surfing in the net, read a little and was interested immediately as I noticed that in the discussions/ threads there was an exchange of ideas better than that I usually find. I am interested in hearing, learning, responding and developing informed opinions about political issues.
I am here to listen, think, present opinions and see reactions.

I don't identify with any political party. If I had I say which I am closest to, I would say libertarian - the belief that societies in general and ours in particular are work better when government involvement is minimal.

I tend to downplay emotional responses and to make up my mind by considering conflicting opinions and by researching empirical evidence about issues.

I'm a woman, over-educated in the traditional sense.. Ph.D etc. am a retired psycologist and banker, teacher and statistician, who has traveled this country and lived abroad. I'm 59, a nostop reader curious about most things

I do have one motto: "Political correctness is the end of free speech and free thought"

I look forward to idea exchange

Greetings and welcome to ad.gif, Adora! Sounds like you have a good head on your shoulders. I look forward to reading your posts.
cleveropinions
QUOTE(Jaime @ Apr 16 2005, 11:51 AM) *

Hello,
Name is Deva and I am a crazy debater. Get me started on a topic and I will voice my opinion thought.
Being an extremely opinionated individual I have learned to be clever with my words, therefore confusing an opposing or other debating individual.
I am actually a young individual, but act like a civilized adult.
:

New to this site so feel free to let me in on things.
thumbsup.gif
Ted
QUOTE(cleveropinions @ May 13 2011, 12:46 PM) *
QUOTE(Jaime @ Apr 16 2005, 11:51 AM) *

Hello,
Name is Deva and I am a crazy debater. Get me started on a topic and I will voice my opinion thought.
Being an extremely opinionated individual I have learned to be clever with my words, therefore confusing an opposing or other debating individual.
:

thumbsup.gif

Welcome to AD - we look forward to your "clever" ideas and opinions thumbsup.gif
Jaime
Hello,
:

thumbsup.gif

Are you the Deva that called America's Debate Radio on Wednesday? That was a great call! It's nice to meet you flowers.gif
cleveropinions
QUOTE(Jaime @ May 13 2011, 11:01 AM) *
Hello,
:

thumbsup.gif

Are you the Deva that called America's Debate Radio on Wednesday? That was a great call! It's nice to meet you flowers.gif

yes that was me. I have so many thoughts on different things it is crazy, i plan on calling next week. mrsparkle.gif
entspeak
QUOTE(cleveropinions @ May 13 2011, 02:11 PM) *
Hello,
:

thumbsup.gif

yes that was me. I have so many thoughts on different things it is crazy, i plan on calling next week. mrsparkle.gif
Yes, that was a great call. Welcome!
Paladin Elspeth
QUOTE(cleveropinions @ May 13 2011, 02:11 PM) *
Hello,
:

thumbsup.gif

Welcome to the forum. flowers.gif
This is a simplified version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.